Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: What if? AvX, #1

• The biggest event of 2012 is now the biggest miniseries of 2013!
    • We all know what happened to the Avengers and the X-Men... but what if the story had gone differently?
    • The one and only Jimmy Palmiotti brings his signature style to a mind-blowing reinterpretation of a key event in the history of the Marvel Universe.
    • Featuring Magneto, Hope, and every Avenger and X-Man you can imagine!

Full article here.

I have no real love for the Guardians at all but the opening to this book with the PF targeting and destroying them for no reason really rubbed me the wrong way.

On Vacation

HAHAHAH. I remember that helicarrier. It's on Google Sketch. I use it all the time.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    I have no real love for the Guardians at all but the opening to this book with the PF targeting and destroying them for no reason really rubbed me the wrong way.
    I agree, that seem too much for me too, especially since they are really just getting started back in the MU, seemed really unnecessary.

I will see on this goes, interested in the Role Magneto plays.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    HAHAHAH. I remember that helicarrier. It's on Google Sketch. I use it all the time.

That is an Awesome Carrier Design, Thanks for Sharing!
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

http://s25.postimg.org/3y3o4h933/Sca...An_Avenger.png

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

GotG unnecessarily killed off in the opening pages? Bull. But it's good to know that in another universe, they were saved from a fate worse than death. Being written by Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    GotG unnecessarily killed off in the opening pages? Bull. But it's good to know that in another universe, they were saved from a fate worse than death. Being written by Bendis.
    Actually, if you know anything about Bendis, you know he would have written them dying in the opening pages as well; so there's nothing to worry about.

(This is the guy who killed off Alpha Flight to help push a new mutant character we've only ever seen in the pages of the now-defunct Marvel Comics Presents since.)

Humans, after all. People Of The Earth's Avatar

Isn't Alpha Flight getting wiped out everynow and then some kind of recurring meme ? Or is it an Omega Flight thing ? I can't remember suddenly.

Anyway, GoG getting killed for nothing while the Phoenix comes to Earth is as random as the planets getting burned down on its path to the planet in 616 - it just serves to show how dangerous the PF is.

Why would they even be in those opening pages? It really doesn't make much sense all things considered.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Why would they even be in those opening pages? It really doesn't make much sense all things considered.
    Because with the Guardians of the Galaxy dead, Sam Alexander's development into Nova is altered and he was the one that originally alerted the Avengers to the fact that the Phoenix Force was coming to Earth.

so lemme get this straight, you guys are annoyed that they are killed in a WHAT IF story?
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

yes.... its totally out of line..

should of been done in the real series

i mean DNA killed half these characters in the cancerverse didnt they? marvel should of just respected their story and left them dead

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    so lemme get this straight, you guys are annoyed that they are killed in a WHAT IF story?
    I think the majority of the people who use this forum, although they read a lot of them, don't actually enjoy comic books. That, or at least all they like about the books is finding fodder to whine about.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Because with the Guardians of the Galaxy dead, Sam Alexander's development into Nova is altered and he was the one that originally alerted the Avengers to the fact that the Phoenix Force was coming to Earth.
    And now they are alerted by the emergency signal sent by the Guardians. I really didn't read the crapfest that was AvsX, but, from what I understand, Nova didn't play any other integral part in the story.
    No, I guess that was included just for shock value, and the differing factor will be something else.

Peace

Gotta love the What If? comics. No one is safe in them.

In normal continuity had Nova already met the GoTG prior to AvX?
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    And now they are alerted by the emergency signal sent by the Guardians. I really didn't read the crapfest that was AvsX, but, from what I understand, Nova didn't play any other integral part in the story.
    No, I guess that was included just for shock value, and the differing factor will be something else.

Peace
    I'm not so sure. The Guardians getting killed probably causes Nova not to be the warning to Earth, which prevents him from racing him home and falling into a coma, thus causing him to be a more active participant in this battle. On one of the covers, it shows Nova as a member of this reality's "Phoenix Five".

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Gotta love the What If? comics. No one is safe in them.

In normal continuity had Nova already met the GoTG prior to AvX?
    Yeah apparently. The first few issues of the new Nova series occur before AvX and he meets Gamora and Rocket and they train him to become Nova.