Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    The nasuverse has quite a few well known properties in the same world like the Fate series, Tsukihime and some others. That seems to be the best I could think of unless you wanted a huge Gundam crossover. Also isn't there a Robot show that has tons of characters from tons of different mecha properties?
    There's Super Robot Wars which somehow combines dozens of different Mecha Anime into a crossover plot.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    There's Super Robot Wars which somehow combines dozens of different Mecha Anime into a crossover plot.
    Yeah that one. I've never seen it. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    Yeah that one. I've never seen it. Is it any good?
    Well, the actual crossover component is the video games, which tend to be pretty well regarded.

There were two TV series, focused on the "Original Generation" cast (SRW games that featured only original characters). The first one isn't that well regarded, but the second is generally thought of as better.

The Pretty Cure franchise has an annual crossover movie between the various series.

In the live-action department, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger was essentially a year-long crossover of the various Super Sentai series (which western viewers will likely be familiar with via Power Rangers)
    "After a long absence, the original Thor returned to his comic book, only to discover that comics in the 90s were very different to what he remembered. But Thor quickly fit right in by going violently insane."

"You know, if everyone the Punisher killed turns out to be no more dead than anyone else who dies in Marvel Comics, he's going to be in BIG trouble one of these days."

- Both from Marvel Year in Review 1993

The question is why the OP wants to see a manga version of the Avengers. I am starting to read mainstream U.S. comics more and more. So I have no grudge against it. Nor do I have a grudge against the Avengers. But one thing I always thought was many manga fans read manga to get away from superhero comics. Why make superhero team in manga?

Besides, the problem would be the art. If you're going to put One Piece, Naruto, Toriko, and others in there, which art style would you use? It would be difficult for me to see One Piece's art style used on characters like Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Brothers View Post
    The question is why the OP wants to see a manga version of the Avengers. I am starting to read mainstream U.S. comics more and more. So I have no grudge against it. Nor do I have a grudge against the Avengers. But one thing I always thought was many manga fans read manga to get away from superhero comics. Why make superhero team in manga?
    It's a really simple concept. People like to consider what would happen if one hero worked with another hero. It's why there are so many crossovers in comics.

Also, you're making an assumption here that people read manga to get away from comics. I believe most people read manga for the same reason people read comic books: because of interesting stories. Provide something interesting and people will come and read it no matter the medium.

Besides, it's just a fun little question amongst fans. We all know that various characters are all owned by many companies and that even when companies work together on crossovers, the results are usually terrifyingly bad. It's like super hero video games, there are shockingly few good ones, but we still eagerly play new ones in the hope that we get an enjoyable experience playing our favorite heroes.

Wasn't there a Capcom crossover game which featured the Tatsunoko characters for the WII?

Well, the problem with that, is that everybody is dealing with their own problems. These events, just falls into everybodies lap.

I do agree, like Spider-Man series, when all the Spideys were taken to an alternative universe, that could occur. The problem is that it is usually a community thing and sometimes the characters cross over into each other communities. Also many people forget the majority of western comics are action comics. While that strictly falls under drama, it is not using the divides of film or comics from the east.