Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 101
  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Howie View Post
    I thought the article's satire was pretty spot on. I had a lot of the same problems.

    Attachment 115827

    Pa Kent is a dick.
    The portrayal of Pa Kent is Snyder's fail moment

  2. #77
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,512

    Default

    Uh, there was nothing in MAN OF STEEL that DIDN'T make sense.

  3. #78
    Senior Member fishbonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    the movie made perfect sense, and Pa Kent's portrayal was fine.

  4. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    MOS was outstanding and made a lot of sense. Pa Kent rocked!!

  5. #80
    always correct Lotech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arp2008 View Post
    Even if you like like you say you like something other than the heart-stoping superhuman action scenes and beautiful CGI that brought Man Of Steel to life, you must admit the movie outside of those aforementioned visual spectacles was pretty awful and all the worse at depicting SUPERMAN. I find it very hard to imagine, impossible at times, that many others didn't have THE SAME EXACT THOUGHTS during many of the scenes that are discussed in the piece linked below. Take a look and TRY to refute any of it. I dare you.

    On a less antagonistic note, it's just an awesomely funny article you guys may enjoy since it's poking fun at some of the less thought out aspects of the movie, and that unsurprisingly turns out to be quite a bit of it.

    http://io9.com/the-most-important-sc...emem-516405346
    This movie had a ton of problems with it. The visual effects carried the movie.

  6. #81
    Senior Member fishbonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    This movie had a ton of problems with it. The visual effects carried the movie.
    This.

    Oh, also this: Good story, good acting, good action.

  7. #82
    Man of Murder Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,031

    Default

    General Criticism Anti-MoS Positions
    > to modern audiences it seems any sort of vagueness is deemed a plot hole. Seriously stop this. Just because they do not tell you how Batman got back into the city does not make it a plot hole. Audiences use to be capable of imagination and it is not 'headcannon' to invent your own methods on how he did this. Seriously stop doing this.
    > for some reason the most anti-MoS people I know of began to point out 'plotholes' before they even saw the movie. I know someone who did this for a full three weeks before he saw it. Jesus Christ people and what, I'm suppose to believe that after making weeks of trashing a movie you haven't seen and your only going to not like its? Its different if you have internal feelings that change, but when you state your reputation on it your unlikely to change your opinion.
    > Yes RT gave it a 58%, but in many other fields it received scores similar to other Marvel films and beyond. The editor of RT even came out and disavowed critics. There are reasons why we don't just use GDP to judge the value of a country, so why would you for a movie? Also last time I checked the movie outperformed Captain America, Thor etc.
    > I am not a Snyder 'defender,' 'groupie,' or whatever because I like this film. At best he made one descent film before this, Watchmen. In fact I have significant reason to dislike this man because he made 300, a modern white supremacist movie where the noble whites defend their nations from the hordes of Arabs and blacks.
    > Stop it. You know what you did.

  8. #83
    Senior Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Uh, there was nothing in MAN OF STEEL that DIDN'T make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    > to modern audiences it seems any sort of vagueness is deemed a plot hole. Seriously stop this. Just because they do not tell you how Batman got back into the city does not make it a plot hole. Audiences use to be capable of imagination and it is not 'headcannon' to invent your own methods on how he did this. Seriously stop doing this.
    Does this also apply to, for example, there being a suit that bears the shield of the House of El on a ship that landed on Earth (more than) 18,000 years ago?

    The only way you can explain it is by 'invent[ing] your own methods on how' it got there, especially if you haven't read the novelisation (from what I've read about it) or if you've read the Prequel comic and know it doesn't fit.

    To wit, my imagination, for my own humour, has that suit spoilers:
    as actually being Kara's, which the Jor-conscience then adjusted to fit Kal
    end of spoilers.

    Regardless, in light of the fact that the scout ship's been here for (more than) 18,000 years and Kal only got here 33 years ago, unless you willfully ignore that, it doesn't 'fit'.


  9. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Does this also apply to, for example, there being a suit that bears the shield of the House of El on a ship that landed on Earth (more than) 18,000 years ago?
    Yes. SATSQ.

    Seriously. This is a starfaring civilization that lasted at least over 18,000 years. There's at least one very simple explanation.

    Stop doing this.

  10. #85
    Senior Member fishbonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Does this also apply to, for example, there being a suit that bears the shield of the House of El on a ship that landed on Earth (more than) 18,000 years ago?

    The only way you can explain it is by 'invent[ing] your own methods on how' it got there, especially if you haven't read the novelisation (from what I've read about it) or if you've read the Prequel comic and know it doesn't fit.

    To wit, my imagination, for my own humour, has that suit spoilers:
    as actually being Kara's, which the Jor-conscience then adjusted to fit Kal
    end of spoilers.

    Regardless, in light of the fact that the scout ship's been here for (more than) 18,000 years and Kal only got here 33 years ago, unless you willfully ignore that, it doesn't 'fit'.

    Actually, it is Kara's and was pretty much stated so in the Man Of Steel Prequel comic. The ship was one of those scout ships they talked about and showed, that went out in the universe looking for worlds to settle.

  11. #86
    Senior Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Yes. SATSQ.

    Seriously. This is a starfaring civilization that lasted at least over 18,000 years. There's at least one very simple explanation.
    Humour me, what's the 'one very simple explanation' as to how clothing for an EL male ended up on that ship, according to the movie?

    Stop doing this.
    No, I'm not going to stop thinking or using my imagination, but maybe, sometimes, you should at least try?

  12. #87
    Senior Member fishbonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    No, I'm not going to stop thinking or using my imagination, but maybe, sometimes, you should at least try?
    But isnt that what hes saying to do, use your imagination to answer the burning questions you have? And you refuse? Or just google it, and find out it was all answered in a comic DC released before the film.

  13. #88
    Senior Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishbonex View Post
    Actually, it is Kara's and was pretty much stated so in the Man Of Steel Prequel comic.
    Of all those I have spoken to who have seen the movie, none have read the Prequel comic, so how are they to know?

    The clothing Kara wears isn't like the suit, especially the cape; and Kara doesn't have those dimensions.

    The ship was one of those scout ships they talked about and showed, that went out in the universe looking for worlds to settle.
    So are you only taking parts of the Prequel comic and ignoring the rest?

    Are you assuming that at least one of the embryos in the Genesis Chamber belonged to the House of El and was male?

    The other question here, though, is if the Codex is needed to activate the Genesis Chamber and encode the embryos, according to Zod (not according to the comic) how was that supposed to happen when the Codex is on Krypton?

    Oh, wait, there's an obvious answer to that...isn't there?

  14. #89
    Senior Member adkal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishbonex View Post
    But isnt that what hes saying to do, use your imagination to answer the burning questions you have? And you refuse? Or just google it, and find out it was all answered in a comic DC released before the film.
    Perhaps you should read what I said properly?

    To wit, my imagination, for my own humour, has that suit...

    I have used my imagination, for every 'glitch' that was in the movie - and there are a heckuva lot of them, even if you choose to be Egyptian about it.

    *shrug*

  15. #90
    Man of Murder Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Does this also apply to, for example, there being a suit that bears the shield of the House of El on a ship that landed on Earth (more than) 18,000 years ago?

    The only way you can explain it is by 'invent[ing] your own methods on how' it got there, especially if you haven't read the novelisation (from what I've read about it) or if you've read the Prequel comic and know it doesn't fit.

    To wit, my imagination, for my own humour, has that suit spoilers:
    as actually being Kara's, which the Jor-conscience then adjusted to fit Kal
    end of spoilers.

    Regardless, in light of the fact that the scout ship's been here for (more than) 18,000 years and Kal only got here 33 years ago, unless you willfully ignore that, it doesn't 'fit'.

    The thing is the author, Goyer clearly set up this situation. He could have for example say it was a rogue ship of people leaving the planet during Jor-els lifetime. Goyer wanted the ship to be ancient for whatever reason. As for the suit there is no reason to assume it has been in stasis for 18,000 years. If the ship can produce babies, why can't it produce material goods?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •