Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Why Man Of Steel Made Absolutely No Sense!!!!

Even if you like like you say you like something other than the heart-stoping superhuman action scenes and beautiful CGI that brought Man Of Steel to life, you must admit the movie outside of those aforementioned visual spectacles was pretty awful and all the worse at depicting SUPERMAN. I find it very hard to imagine, impossible at times, that many others didn't have THE SAME EXACT THOUGHTS during many of the scenes that are discussed in the piece linked below. Take a look and TRY to refute any of it. I dare you.

On a less antagonistic note, it's just an awesomely funny article you guys may enjoy since it's poking fun at some of the less thought out aspects of the movie, and that unsurprisingly turns out to be quite a bit of it.

http://io9.com/the-most-important-sc...emem-516405346
    Last edited by arp2008; 06-26-2013 at 11:49 PM.

*Sigh* I'm not sure if I want to indulge in this -__-

Quote Originally Posted by arp2008 View Post
    Even if you like like you say you like something other than the heart-stoping superhuman action scenes and beautiful CGI that brought Man Of Steel to life, you must admit the movie outside of those aforementioned visual spectacles was pretty awful and all the worse at depicting SUPERMAN. I find it very hard to imagine, impossible at times, that many others didn't have THE SAME EXACT THOUGHTS during many of the scenes that are discussed in the piece linked below. Take a look and TRY to refute any of it. I dare you.

On a less antagonistic note, it's just an awesomely funny article you guys may enjoy since it's poking fun at some of the less thought out aspects of the movie, and that unsurprisingly turns out to be quite a bit of it.

So, you're daring me to refute the points made in an article that is mostly bullshit made up to be funny?? Yeah, I think you've already lost your argument right there.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, GL: New Guardians, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Red Lanterns, Saga, Silver Surfer, Swamp Thing, The Wake, Wonder Woman

Default Interestiing ...

Great article!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    So, you're daring me to refute the points made in an article that is mostly bullshit made up to be funny?? Yeah, I think you've already lost your argument right there.
    No, not at all. I was trying to have some fun and see if anyone here would try to make sense of all the things in the movie that didn't. And nothing there BS. Every point made is nigh irrefutable. And hilarious.

No, not at all. I was trying to have some fun and see if anyone here would try to make sense of all the things in the movie that didn't. And nothing there BS. Every point made is nigh irrefutable. And hilarious.
    Nigh irrefutable?? Yeah, no. All it does is take scenes from the movie and replace it with joke dialogue. That doesn't make any sort of point. Just like you're not making any sort of point.

By reading the dialogue of these jokers, I can tell that they fundamentally missed the point of every single scene in Man of Steel. Guess there were too many big words for them. And the fact that you're touting this trash as evidence kind of sheds light on your abilities to think critically.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 06-27-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, GL: New Guardians, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Red Lanterns, Saga, Silver Surfer, Swamp Thing, The Wake, Wonder Woman

Nigh irrefutable?? Yeah, no. All it does is take scenes from the movie and replace it with joke dialogue. That doesn't make any sort of point. Just like you're not making any sort of point.
    It's not meant to be a word for word recap. You may be missing the point entirely.

By reading the dialogue of these jokers, I can tell that they fundamentally missed the point of every single scene in Man of Steel. Guess there were too many big words for them. And the fact that you're touting this trash as evidence kind of sheds light on your abilities to think critically.
    Provide some examples, won't you? What did he say that you think is being grossly misinterpreted as just a poor telling of a superman movie?
    Last edited by arp2008; 06-27-2013 at 12:17 AM.

It's not meant to be a word for word recap. You may be missing the point entirely.
    Yeah, I know that's not the point. I'm saying the things they're making fun of shows that they missed or failed to understand every single theme that was in that movie.

Yeah, I know that's not the point. I'm saying the things they're making fun of shows that they missed or failed to understand every single theme that was in that movie.
    The again I'll ask: provide some examples of what you think is being grossly misinterpreted as just a poor superman movie, will you not?
    Last edited by arp2008; 06-27-2013 at 12:26 AM.

The again I'll ask: provide some examples of what you think is being grossly misinterpreted as just a poor telling of this superman movie, will you not?
    ... It's a spoof, you might as well ask for examples of how Meet the Spartans grossly misinterprets 300. It not only would be an exhaustive and pointless task but it would also kill the joke as it's exagerating stuff for comedic effect.

And as to the OP, I liked MOS, everything but the fightscenes, mainly Zod's. Everything is was a great movie, even people feel the need to nit pick it to death.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    ... It's a spoof, you might as well ask for examples of how Meet the Spartans grossly misinterprets 300. It not only would be an exhaustive and pointless task but it would also kill the joke as it's exagerating stuff for comedic effect.

And as to the OP, I liked MOS, everything but the fightscenes, mainly Zod's. Everything is was a great movie, even people feel the need to nit pick it to death.
    The thing about it is is that the article may be a spoof, yes, but what it does criticize is spot on. The movie was very, very flawed and the article is merely a comedic spin on magnifying the stupidity of a lot of the movie.
    Last edited by arp2008; 06-27-2013 at 12:46 AM.

I'm pretty sure that you could write an article just like that about literally any movie ever made. You could take "Jaws" and go "Well, if you hadn't taken such an old and rickety boat out after such an enormous killer shark" or "Saving Private Ryan" and go "Well, if you'd just worn more body armor you might have survived," etc. etc. etc. You could even do it with the old Superman movies. "Wow, after crossing countless light years, the Phantom Zone thingie just happens to be passing Earth at the exact moment that the one being in the entire unimaginably vast universe that Zod and company would be interested in finding is tossing a nuclear bomb up into space." It's called ESCAPISM, and it's one of the main reasons why people go to the movies, to enjoy a suspended reality for a couple of hours. You just go with it. If you're going to nit-pick it, why bother going? I mean, I understand that some are going to like a movie more or less than others. But some are taking their criticisms to the extreme.

The thing about it is is that the article may be a spoof, yes, but what it does criticize is spot on. The movie was very, very flawed and the article is merely a comedic spin on magnifying the stupidity of a lot of the movie.
    Like what exactly? "why didn't Jor-El send other babies and what is he going to do with the codex?". Kal was the only natural born child and he give Kal a device that had his consciousness to help him. Seems like pure spoof to me.
    Last edited by DevilMayhem666; 06-27-2013 at 04:08 AM.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

It was kinda funny until they went on a blog like screed over Kal killing Zod disguised as satire. The "Mass murderer of Steel" game was funnier.