Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    MoS Superman might be able to blitz, but to be honest, he doesn't even have a real BT reaction feat. He flies very quickly, but his reactions aren't anywhere near on that scale.

He's also not shown spacetoss strength, at least, not in what I imagine to be spacetoss strength. His very best strength feat is nothing that someone like Classic Rogue couldn't do.
    He literally punched Zod in orbit so the guy smashed into a Waynetech Satellite.

How is that not space toss strength?
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He literally punched Zod in orbit so the guy smashed into a Waynetech Satellite.

How is that not space toss strength?
    He never did that. He wasnt even the one who took the fight into space

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Yup, that's not what happened at all. His best punches were knocking Zod a couple of blocks through the air during the "air combo" set of hits. Zod flies, grabs Clark, and starts pushing up. Clark wasn't trying to resist that, he went right along with the smashing. When Zod spun and tossed Kal like an olympic hammer thrower, he just bashed through a few buildings. Nothing they did to each other approached space-toss levels. Nobody got punched a mile or anything.

The best strength feat really belongs to Non, who seemingly threw a locomotive a few hundred feet. But it's fitting that he's the strongest in any case, seeing as how he was 9 feet tall at least, and equally massive.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Well without at least spacetoss level strength, I don't see this version of Superman being able to put He-Man down. Maybe if he demonstrated high enough superspeed to pummel He-Man endlessly with impunity, but no one's brought up any combat speed feats, so it sounds like that probably isn't a go either.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

So is He-man personally immune to heat vision? Haven't watched the show. It can melt metal fairly easily. Just set Cringer on fire for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

The best strength feat really belongs to Non, who seemingly threw a locomotive a few hundred feet. But it's fitting that he's the strongest in any case, seeing as how he was 9 feet tall at least, and equally massive.
    Technically, he's not Non, but easily mistaken since he's never names in the movie and he might as well just be Non. And, yes, that's the best strength feat in the film, and as others point out, they lack any explicit bullet time. F

rankly, the MOS Kryptonians are really getting bandied about here like they're at least on par with Post Crisis ones. Smallville Krypntonians had better speed feats and Timm-verse ones had better strength. They'd do better fighting guys like Luke Cage, or classic Rogue.
    "Until all are one."

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    So is He-man personally immune to heat vision? Haven't watched the show. It can melt metal fairly easily. Just set Cringer on fire for fun?
    He-Man has taken lava baths with no burns. He's also always had pretty high end energy resistance, and he likes to deflect beams with his sword anyway.

Edit: Oh yeah, earlier in the thread I responded to the claim that He-Man was always as strong as he needed to be. I should mention I think this may have actually been the case in the original series: There's an episode wherein He-Man gets bound in some metal that's supposed to be the strongest thing in the universe and he can't get free, but then Man-at-Arms is like "NOTHING IS STRONGER THAN HE-MAN" and He-Man is like "oh right," and then breaks it like it's nothing.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 06-28-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
    rankly, the MOS Kryptonians are really getting bandied about here like they're at least on par with Post Crisis ones.
    I tend to agree, I think maybe it was just because they had some awesome fights, but I was somewhat underwhelmed by the power levels. I guess part of me was expecting some big feat at the end like in Superman Returns.

Smallville Krypntonians had better speed feats and Timm-verse ones had better strength.
    I'd actually argue Smallville Kryptonians at least have strength on par, given things like Clark and Lana causing earthquakes all around Smallville via their sex and Clark uppercutting Bizarro into what seemed like the upper atmosphere(then J'onn showed up and carried him away).

They'd do better fighting guys like Luke Cage, or classic Rogue.
    I would think Luke would have a real hard time given his lack of flight and ranged attacks. As for Rogue, that might be a good fight. She's actually a lot faster, reflex wise.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'd actually argue Smallville Kryptonians at least have strength on par, given things like Clark and Lana causing earthquakes all around Smallville via their sex and Clark uppercutting Bizarro into what seemed like the upper atmosphere(then J'onn showed up and carried him away).

I would think Luke would have a real hard time given his lack of flight and ranged attacks. As for Rogue, that might be a good fight. She's actually a lot faster, reflex wise.
    Ends in Rogue/Faora.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah, but these days Luke is at least as strong, and way, waaaaaaaaaaaay more invulnerable. Their only way of actually hurting him would be getting him out of the atmosphere, and that requires grappling with a guy just as strong, and we've seen that someone as strong as them can break their bones.
    "Until all are one."