Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Fridolfs Plants Poison Ivy into "Detective Comics"

"Detective Comics" #23.1 writer Derek Fridolfs discusses shifting the title's focus to Poison Ivy for DC Comics' Villains Month , explaining how the femme fatale more than holds her own in her origin tale.

Full article here.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

This was a great, if slightly short, interview. Loved Fridolfs exploring Ivy's motivations and having her confront and control her demons. Cannot wait for this issue. So far, of all the Villains Month issues, this one seems like it has the most potential to launch into a possible spin-off series.

So this is Poison Ivy, unleashed? That's all I got from this interview. Looking forward to it but wish they got more out of him

I have always thought that Poison Ivy would be a better fit for Batman than Catwoman.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I have always thought that Poison Ivy would be a better fit for Batman than Catwoman.
    For that to work, they really need to make Poison Ivy much more charismatic along the lines of Emma Frost, than make her batshit crazy. Still would prefer Ivy to appear in Swamp Thing or Suicide Squad. She has become too powerful to just be a Bat villain now.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    For that to work, they really need to make Poison Ivy much more charismatic along the lines of Emma Frost, than make her batshit crazy.
    I dunno, they could probably make it work while staying true to her personality.

I like that a lot of these villain issues seem to have origin tales. Only a good thing my opinion. This should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Why? Ivy is sort of insane.