Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Better yet, inform the masses here on this review thread who DON'T follow twitter?
    Well I didn't want to misslead anyone. I do think I got what he meant but I don't wanna risk it.
    I'm 15. My English still sucks.

Basically, we had to cut some time jump sequences for space & structure. There was some off panel down time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    i loved Cullen calling him an idiot and Cammi giving real talk. I can't wait for next month!
    Yeah, Cammi and Cullen are awesome and i am looking forward to the Cullen issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I will say as a focus issue, this one was kind of poor. To me at least it felt like the focus was on Hazmat as much as Reptil.
    I thought they were going to it on Mettle's grave

I'd say focus is split too, but Hazmat already had some at the beginning and has been generally more relevant than him in all their scenes, while Reptil did nothing but stand in the background and get burnt almost to death, so I was expecting more from him.
    [x]

Wow I didn't even think there was a review thread for this. 3 pages is pretty pathetic. I guess when nobody dies, nobody cares. Hopefully Marvel/Hopeless will take note and realize people only like the book when kids die. Here on it we need a one death per issue minimum cause the fans demanded it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockstatter View Post
    Wow I didn't even think there was a review thread for this. 3 pages is pretty pathetic. I guess when nobody dies, nobody cares. Hopefully Marvel/Hopeless will take note and realize people only like the book when kids die. Here on it we need a one death per issue minimum cause the fans demanded it.
    I believe the reduction in reader commentary here in the review thread has less to do with the lack of death, and more to do with the lack of drama. Hazmat's coping mechanism, although understandable isn't as engaging or exciting as a continuation of the Apex subplot. This issue certainly some insight to these characters, but after last issue's intensity, it makes sense that a certain level of apathy may be shared for such a tame storyline...about Hazmat's apathy.

Needless to say, July's issue will have reader's flooding the review thread since the focus will return to the most important theme of the book: Battle and Survival.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Like Yana said, it's the lack of anything really worth discussing rather than a lack of death, although that surely helps keeping the whiners away.
    [x]

Well next issue, we'll have Nico back. We'll learn what happened to Chris. Someone will die. There will be a bloody battle. There will be a last page shocking reveal that only 1 person will see. We'll see Arcade again. It wouldn't have made sense if this issue was full of action and drama.
    Wait till issue 12 comes out. The review page will be full of haters

I liked this issue. Just think it's funny usually people are whining about character deaths and the review thread have 20+ pages, but when nobody dies the review thread is 3 pages. That is just proving to the company/writer that death sells and it will encourage them to kill off more characters. I don't mind the death but a lot of people are having meltdowns over them. I guess it's the same thing with UA, the discussion threads are 40 to 50 pages of people complaining about how much Remender sucks but the regular Hickman Avengers that is supposed to appeal to old school fans gets 1 to 2 pages. All the books that piss the nerds off seem to be the most popular/talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockstatter View Post
    I liked this issue. Just think it's funny usually people are whining about character deaths and the review thread have 20+ pages, but when nobody dies the review thread is 3 pages. That is just proving to the company/writer that death sells and it will encourage them to kill off more characters. I don't mind the death but a lot of people are having meltdowns over them. I guess it's the same thing with UA, the discussion threads are 40 to 50 pages of people complaining about how much Remender sucks but the regular Hickman Avengers that is supposed to appeal to old school fans gets 1 to 2 pages. All the books that piss the nerds off seem to be the most popular/talked about.
    The amount of discussion about anything does in no way correlate with popularity, much less sales.

Hopeless pretty much confirmed via twitter that the series is going nowhere after issue 18.
    I'm so glad to hear that!!!

What I don't understand is how Arcade let Juston,Hazmat,Reptil and Chris to be away from everything. I thought he wanted blood and killing.

This was an enjoyable issue. Hazmat has good and bad books behind her and I've usually been indifferent to Reptil but they were VERY entertaining with her dialogue and his narrative. We needed a bit of downtime after the high octane last issue and Hazmat and Reptil carried the issue. Even the cover was perfect: http://s5.postimg.org/v194frytz/qm9z.jpg. And loved his line: "BUT IT'S NOT MY NIGHTMARE."; including the use of period instead of exclamation mark.

Well done name-dropping Mettle. Glad the trigger scent wears off eventually. Even the art was average. Good stuff that Nara eats fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Well in issue 5, Reptil wakes up for the first time after being burned. There has to be only 1 day between issues 4 and 5. And Juston says he was left behind for almost a week , I'll assume that is 6 days. But it might be 5 too.So:
    Issue 1 : Day 1
    Issue 2 : Day 1
    Issue 3 : Day 8
    Issue 4 : Day 13 (Because tomorrow they will have found Juston)
    Issue 5 : Day 14 (X-23 finds Juston in the afternoon, after she attacks Hazmat and Reptil)
    Issue 6 : Day 14
    Issue 7 : Before Murderworld
    Issue 8 : Day 14
    Issue 9 : Day 14 (The night)
    Issue 10: Day 15
    So we're halfway through it.

That seems more likely than what the kids misjudged.