Sherwood Forest on Earth2 & Jersey Pine Barren Earth 18

Default Top Ten stories of the multiverse

What are the top ten best stories of the Multiverse? What is your least favorite story about the multiverse?
    Bring back the 7 Soldiers & Team 7

1 - Grant Morrison's Animal Man
    2 - Final Crisis
    3 - JLA: Earth 2
    4 - Crisis on Infinite Earths (Hanging in there by my memory of having enjoyed it as a kid - even though I didn't enjoy it last time I read it)

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow Jr. View Post
    What are the top ten best stories of the Multiverse? What is your least favorite story about the multiverse?
    Note: DC Multiverse only. No Squadron Supreme, no Donnie Darko.

1) Justice League of America 45 - 46 - Spectre vs. the anti-matter-man. A nice balance between world's will live world's will die and pure comedy.
    J2) ustice League 100-102 - A huge gathering of JLA and JSA heroes, searching for the 7 soldiers of victory. Freakin' Epic.
    3) Brave and the Bold 184 - The Huntress seeks out her dead dad's Earth One counterpart. I always wanted more Earth Two stories about what it would mean, emotionally, to have another you out there.
    4) DC Comics Presents Annual 1 - The Superman of Earth One and Earth Two and the Luthor of Earth Three vs. the Luthors of Earth One and Two and the Ultraman of Earth Three, natch.
    5) DC Comics Presents 33 and 34 - Roy Thomas first DC work in over a decade: Superman and Captain Marvel switch places, and Hoppy the Marvel Bunny (one of the very few golden age comics I can afford to collect) is returned to continuity.
    6) Flash 179 - First cosmic treadmill, first earth prime, first "BO" Schwartz as a comic character. (It stands for Be Original, or at least he claims it does.)
    7) Trinity - By far my favorite of the DC year-long weeklies. Cheerfully bug#$%^ insane, in a '70s Marvel kind of way.
    8) Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew 14 - First appearance of the JLA (Justa Lotta Animals) of Earth C Minus, although Za-Panda doesn't show up 'till later.
    9) Green Lantern 40 - Not a multiverse story per se, but it has both Hal Jordan and Alan Scott in it, and remains the greatest Green Lantern story of all time.
    10) Flash # 137 - Vandal Savage, and the first silver age appearance of the Justice Society. VERY narrowly beating "Flash of Two Worlds" on my list. Jay Garrick's cool, but the entire Justice Society was cooler.
    Last edited by Reptisaurus!; 07-04-2013 at 01:15 AM.
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Veteran Member

The one I always think of the Man-Thing saga written by Steve Gerber in the early 70s. The entirety of his work with that character, from Fear #11 to Man-Thing #22 (don't quote me on those exact numbers) can be taken as one huge multiverse epic centred around the "Nexus of Realities" located in some swamp in Florida, though of course some stories reference the concept more directly and with more emphasis than others.

And I have to admit that Grant Morrison's Superman Beyond was pretty good as well, much as I dislike the title character.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    The one I always think of the Man-Thing saga written by Steve Gerber in the early 70s. The entirety of his work with that character, from Fear #11 to Man-Thing #22 (don't quote me on those exact numbers) can be taken as one huge multiverse epic centred around the "Nexus of Realities" located in some swamp in Florida, though of course some stories reference the concept more directly and with more emphasis than others.

And I have to admit that Grant Morrison's Superman Beyond was pretty good as well, much as I dislike the title character.
    I 100% agree with you. I also dislike the title character.

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post

I liked Superman Beyond, though mainly because it was a good subject for a paper on postmodernism when I was still in school. It's not that great as an actual story, but it's got a lot of interesting metatext about the different Superman analogues comics keep giving us. Especially since our Supes got to team up with a very thinly veilled version of Dr. Manhattan, even more useless in this straightforward superhero story :)

The corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2 Northern Ireland

Kingdom Come,Justice Riders ,and Elseworld's Finest with Batgirl & Supergirl are my favorite my least favorite is Secret Society of Superheroes very disappointing.
    RedWinter
    Courage is being scared to death & still saddling up.
    Moving to the corner of Marvel UK & Earth 2

Arboria in the Summer Tombstone in the Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow Jr. View Post
    Well I'm going to go with this:
    1)The Flash of both worlds
    2)Earth X: The Heralds
    3)Age of Apocalypse
    4)Kingdom Come
    5)The Search for Ray Palmer
    6)The Exiles series was great
    7)Justice Riders
    8)Elseworld's Finest(anywhere Elvis is the president gotta be hip)
    9)The Kingdom
    10)Stormwatch: A Finer World
    The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.
    Bring Back MI:13 & Marvel UK permanently