Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Default Seriously, no deadpool game thread yet?

I'm a cranky old gamer that can't remember the last game I bought that i didn't think was total garbage. I'm not a fan of 2 button combo mashing games.

This is built on that unreal engine but so far it doesn't seem to be super button mashy like Arkham asylum.

I'm like 20 minutes in. Controls awesome. Graphics are good enough as I could want. And hilarious. Hilarious

Go buy it then talk about it so I can read what you say please

I haven't played it yet.

It got a little more combo string intensive as I moved into it. That's my issue, not the games

An awesome comics game.

It's fun. Just trying to figure out how to get my xforce costume download on.

there was one, its probly buried a few pages back

I'm sure it's much better then this one

Im not a deadpool fan. But Be warned! Playing this game will enduse the urge to eat Mexican food

I didn't play it, but I watched the walkthrough. This game proved one thing:

Given enough time and money, High Moon Studios can do far more entertaining jobs.

Going to wait for some Steam discount.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    I'm a cranky old gamer that can't remember the last game I bought that i didn't think was total garbage. I'm not a fan of 2 button combo mashing games.
    If you think Arkham Asylum is button-mashy you've been playing it really wrong.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post

This is built on that unreal engine but so far it doesn't seem to be super button mashy like Arkham asylum.

I'm like 20 minutes in. Controls awesome. Graphics are good enough as I could want. And hilarious. Hilarious

Go buy it then talk about it so I can read what you say please
    Will wait for a significant price drop.

Read that Daniel Way wrote it and I'm not interested in Looney Toons Deadpool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Will wait for a significant price drop.
    Yeah same, don't want to sound as some kind of Scrooge McDuck but the pc version is sold around 50 euros on Steam. That's a bit too steep for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    If you think Arkham Asylum is button-mashy you've been playing it really wrong.

not mashy just... the whole thing with game engines where you string combos together... by timing counters and attacks on the hordes of bad guys that swarm around you and patiently wait for you to kick their but.. and the more momentum and combos you string togather the more powerful your attack

specificly, in the batman game.. it reminded me of like a professional wrestling match... batman gets a hold of the bad guy, goes for this big elaborate finishing move while all the other baddies stand around and run in place while the game takes over and pushes you into some preprogrammed simulated move

this deadpool game is very much in the same.... just for some reason im really enjoying it

i did not enjoy way's run on deadpool.... which is why i found this game so surprisingly entertaining

didnt think it was going to be very good. waiting for more reviews.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

wow, I went to teh store to pick up the game and every single store in my town is sold out for both versions of the game! Bestbuy, futureshop, ebgames, walmart could have had one but I couldn't get one person to ask if they had more in the back. They just wouldn't stop when I called him over to ask the question. So I said fuck it and left a complaint at the manager's office and left.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

The gameplay is looking bland and shallow from the videos I've seen. I end up making this a bargaining bin purchase
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

So, anyone who really has played to the game here ? I wouldn't mind to read some more opinions about it.