Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default David Aja Takes "Hawkeye's" Pizza Dog for a Walk

Artist and designer David Aja spoke with CBR about his work on "Hawkeye," walking readers through his art process by pulling back the curtains on how he put together the Pizza Dog-starring issue #11.

Full article here.

BANNED

Can't wait to read this tomorrow.

Really looking forward to seeing this issue come out. Hawkeye really has been a pleasant suprise. I used to really like him back in the day like when he told the U.N to f themselves but I hadn't been keen on him for years. Matt Fraction has really created a great series here. Also having met him he's actually easy on the eyes too. He's no Clay Mann but who is.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy

What a brilliant interview! I always enjoy when artists discuss their creative process, and to read Aja's take on it is a special treat due to both his personality and his attention to detail. Kudos to whoever pitched this story!

(Also, I think it's interesting that Aja and Hollingsworth agreed early on to go with flat colors. I almost always love flat (or, mostly flat) coloring. Not sure if it's the simplicity or a nostalgia for the comics of my youth.)

Retired

Fantastic interview. Aja understands the raw fundamentals of comic craft better than almost any other creator about whose process I've read. This is the elsewhere impossible example of a title truly deserving of all its acclaim (and more).
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

This is going to be a comic for the ages. Mark my words.

Great interview. I normally skip an answer or two when reading these, but I read this all the way through with no problems. Very entertaining and enlightening. I love this series, and can't wait for Pizza Dog!!!

Very cool interview. David Aja is the man. I have loved this series ever since issue #1. Can't wait for this Pizza Dog issue.

I get my comics digitally, but absolutely had to order the floppy of this. I've been eagerly awaiting this issue since it was solicited, and I can't believe it's finally here.