Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    As Kurolegacy pointed out, MC2 is an alternate future, not the 616 timeline, so Mayday could still exist and the AoU ripple effect could pull her into the 616 present. There she could interact with Spock (with incredibly funny results) and best of all, come face to face with 616 MJ!

There have been complaints about Dan Slott writing MJ as too "reactive" and "damsel in distress-y" of late. A plotline where MJ teams up with her time displaced superheroine daughter from an alternate future is just the right kind of opportunity for Dan to give Mary Jane back her edge and general bad-assery!

I agree. I'd love to see MJ interact with her future daughter. And that is such a great cover!!!
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Personally, I feel that Mayday(MC-2) should stay in her own universe as her timeline no longer correlates with Earth-616. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing a Spider-Girl from a possible future who is related to Peter Parker but with a different mother like Natasha Romanoff. And a good example is Galina Tsarfin:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Galina_Tsarfin_%28Earth-1078%29

If anyone still wants to use Mayday Parker, they could use the Earth-X version as she is a grownup in that timeline:

http://marvel.wikia.com/May_Parker_%28Earth-9997%29

I could see that version of Mayday vs Spock

I do not see the point of bringing in MC-2 version of Mayday to Earth-616. There were thoughts about bringing her over to Earth-616. But it was decided that Mayday works best in her world. Besides, OMD made sure that the Mayday Parker of Earth-616 was non-existent.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-25-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    If Mayday Parker was Venom's new Sidekick in his series I'd start buying Venom just for Mayday alone.
    How about if venom's new sidekick was Felicity Hardy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicity_Hardy

Mayday is an awesome character, and imma let you finish, but the whole thing about bringing in character from alternate universes is making me feel like I have a combination of food poisoning and twinkie overdose. So, no, let Mayday be what she was and let her story stay in that wonderful little corner of the Marvel Multiverse.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

I don't mind different characters showing up...

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post

That would be awesome. Best part is her being his daughter from the MC2 timeline, and she'd be pretty shocked to see that this version of her father is a freaking superhero and is actually on a first-name basis with Valkyrie. This would be a Venom/Scarlet Spider team-up worth reading (not that Minimum Carnage wasn't, but a little too underwhelming).
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mayday is an awesome character, and imma let you finish, but the whole thing about bringing in character from alternate universes is making me feel like I have a combination of food poisoning and twinkie overdose. So, no, let Mayday be what she was and let her story stay in that wonderful little corner of the Marvel Multiverse.
    What can we say, 616 has beome quite the refuge for characters from alternate universes/timelines. Heck, the X-Men were doing it before it was cool and are still at it having brought over Howlett, Corporal Cyclops, Hercules and Prophet most recently.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

We'll see what happens... soon.

Junior Member TheSensationalSean's Avatar

I'm okay with May having a happy ending in MC-2. Part of me will always want more her to have more adventures in Ben's suit, but I'd rather she didn't end up in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSensationalSean View Post
    I'm okay with May having a happy ending in MC-2. Part of me will always want more her to have more adventures in Ben's suit, but I'd rather she didn't end up in 616.
    I will agree that Mayday(MC-2) should remain in her own universe. But that is not to say that there couldn't be a Spider-Girl from a different timeline who is related to Peter Parker but with a different mother. Imagine a Spider-Girl who is related to Peter Parker and the Black Widow?

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

I will agree that Mayday(MC-2) should remain in her own universe. But that is not to say that there couldn't be a Spider-Girl from a different timeline who is related to Peter Parker but with a different mother. Imagine a Spider-Girl who is related to Peter Parker and the Black Widow?
    Naah, I prefer Mayday any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Naah, I prefer Mayday any day.
    Nothing wrong with that as we all have our personal favorites. But imagine the Earth-X(Earth-9997) version of Mayday Parker as well as 7 of her other siblings from 5 different time lines(same father different mother) banning together to fight Mephisto and his minions like Holocaust, Mojo, Thamos, Omega Red, and Onslaught in his domain to free their father? Wouldn't that version of the Spider-Family hold your interest if it was a 3-part mini-series written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Art Adams?

Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-26-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Nothing wrong with that as we all have our personal favorites. But imagine the Earth-X(Earth-9997) version of Mayday Parker as well as 7 of her other siblings from 5 different time lines(same father different mother) banning together to fight Mephisto and his minions like Holocaust, Mojo, Thamos, Omega Red, and Onslaught in his domain to free their father? Wouldn't that version of the Spider-Family hold your interest if it was a 3-part mini-series written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Art Adams?

Only if they are fighting Mephisto to free their father AND restore Peter and MJ's marriage in the 616.

I could live with that. Not sure I'd buy a Venom book just for Felicity however, unless it was just a story arc then I would lol.

It doesn't surprise me that Spider-Girl won the CBR Poll. Of all the alternative futures of Marvel, my favourite is hers. I really miss this girl and I would really love to see her collection back. I'm very interested in the resolving of the cliffhanger about if April (Mayhem) actually survived or not; although I'm pretty sure she did. Having his father's powers and brain, and her mother's charming personality, she's been my favourite SpiderHeroine with difference.

I never liked when they gave her name to Araña, especially when she stole May's body once. And if they bring Spider-Girl back, that would make my misery by "Superior Spider-Junk" some more bearable.