Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Lazarus #1

"FAMILY," Part One
    In a dystopian near-future, government is a quaint concept, resources are coveted, and possession is 100% of the law. A handful of Families rule, jealously guarding what they have and exploiting the Waste who struggle to survive in their domains. Forever Carlyle defends her family's holdings through deception and force as their protector, their Lazarus. Shot dead defending the family home, Forever's day goes downhill from there....

Full preview here.

Good to see Michael Lark's artwork again. I really enjoyed his work on Daredevil.
    This should be good.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

This looks good, and Rucka always writes interesting strong female characters.

I was pretty interested with a sure-thing creative like that but the preview just sent my anticipation through the roof.

The preview isn't mind-blowing. But I trust in Rucka and Lark. I hope this turns out a fine book.
    Saga, Zero, Chew, Prophet, Lazarus, Fatale, Sex Criminals, The Fuse, Rat Queens, Great Pacific, Umbral, Peter Panzerfaust, Copra, Rachel Rising, Mind MGMT, BPRD, Lobster Johnson.

I am hoping for something of the quality of Queen and Country now that Rucka is writing creator-owned stuff again. The preview looks badass, although the concept seems a bit well-trodden. But it's all about the characters and his are usually pretty great.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

I'm really looking forward to this. It's been too long since I've read anything by Mr. Rucka.
    Currently reading: Everything Valiant, East of West, Fables, Fairest, Saga, Manhattan Projects, Jupiter's Legacy

Looks great so far, can't wait to pick this up

added to list. was deciding between this and uncanny (singapore preview pages ftw!), but decided that rucka's premise sounds far more promising, and not to mention a buck cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    This looks good, and Rucka always writes interesting strong female characters.
    +1...

10char

Preview looked good. I am in for a few issues to see how things develop.

Pretty good issue.

Looks to be the start of a great series.

this book could easily become one of my favorite books. love the world they are creating here. very strong first issue.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Never read any image comics. Would I need to read any before lazarus #1? Or can I dive straight into it?

Quote Originally Posted by affro360 View Post
    Never read any image comics. Would I need to read any before lazarus #1? Or can I dive straight into it?
    Most Image comics aren't part of a shared universe, so you don't need to read anything else than the comic itself. Enjoy.
    Saga, Zero, Chew, Prophet, Lazarus, Fatale, Sex Criminals, The Fuse, Rat Queens, Great Pacific, Umbral, Peter Panzerfaust, Copra, Rachel Rising, Mind MGMT, BPRD, Lobster Johnson.