Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Which Character from the Future Do You Want To See in the Current Marvel U?

Which Character from the Future Do You Want To See in the Current Marvel U?

Thanks to the Age of Ultron, Marvel's spacetime continuum is crumbling and characters are falling through the resulting holes. CBR wonders, which major character from the future would you most like to see show up in the present day Marvel U?

Vote on the poll here.

So I voted for Spidergirl, just because I loved her series, and think it would be great to have Mephistos plans messed up by all this (after all he wanted to prevent her birth in the 616). But if I could pick anyone, it would probably be Stinger (Cassie Lang from M2) which would be cool because her 616 self is dead, so she fills a gap, and it would be cool to see how differnt she is from Stature especially in meeting her friends from the YA.

I voted Earth X Captain America mostly because I want to see Bruce Willis Steve Rogers again!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Original Guardians of the Galaxy!

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Thumbs up

I would really like to see American Dream come to the Present MU.

"While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

The Guardians of the Galaxy. The only GotG I have read was DnA's team which I love and the Bendis stuff. The old team seems cool though, I would like to check them out in a more modern book.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

I voted for Spider-Girl because I loved her series, though truthfully I would prefer to just have the comic back in its old form. I don't actually want it in the main marvel universe.

I'm kinda shocked that we had all of these other 2099 on the list but no Spider-Man 2099. We need a Spider-Man 2099 and Doom 2099 omnibuses.

That all being said, I really think the original Guardians are the only group that would make sense in the regular Marvel u. The rest really need to reside in the universes they came from.

Character I'd love to see that wasn't on the list: Rune

Just stupid idea in general IMO.

POWRSURG: he's announced to be in the doctor octopus book in september
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Pangalactic Gargleblaster W0NK042's Avatar

None of the Above.

- Future Groot & The Fearsome Forest Five
    No I don't look sick, but then, you don't look dumb.

Change.Org - Bring Back Richard Rider

For I while I've felt it'd be cooler to replace the vulture with the 2099 version...

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

I''m astonished that the Maestro is on this poll. The Maestro is ALREADY in the current Marvel U. He was sent back in time to the Hulk's origin at the end of Future Imperfect, and his bones were stuck at the gamma bomb blast site until he was finally resurrected in the late 90s. He's been stuck under a pile of rock since Incredible Hulk #461.

Unless we want the Maestro from an earlier point in his history than Future Imperfect. But the "real" Maestro has been in the Marvel U since 1998.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

No one. AoU was dumb and this "fall-out" is even dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
    I''m astonished that the Maestro is on this poll. The Maestro is ALREADY in the current Marvel U. He was sent back in time to the Hulk's origin at the end of Future Imperfect, and his bones were stuck at the gamma bomb blast site until he was finally resurrected in the late 90s. He's been stuck under a pile of rock since Incredible Hulk #461.

Unless we want the Maestro from an earlier point in his history than Future Imperfect. But the "real" Maestro has been in the Marvel U since 1998.
    Correct. And not just him - Kate Pryde from Days of Future Past has been in 616 since the first issue of Excalibur, in the form of Widget, a version of Major Victory from the future Guardians of the Galaxy is out in space and was last seen working with the modern day Guardians, and Old Man Logan is the Hooded Man of the New Defenders, who came back in time and later relocated to the artificial Nu-World.

Ghost Rider 2099.

He could show up in Avengers A.I. and everyone that likes 'diversity' would appreciate it (he's Asian iirc).

Last edited by Hulk_Is; 06-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Correct. And not just him - Kate Pryde from Days of Future Past has been in 616 since the first issue of Excalibur, in the form of Widget, a version of Major Victory from the future Guardians of the Galaxy is out in space and was last seen working with the modern day Guardians, and Old Man Logan is the Hooded Man of the New Defenders, who came back in time and later relocated to the artificial Nu-World.
    All true. And didn't Killraven (one of them, anyway) get stuck in the present in the aftermath of Bendis' first Heroic Age Avengers arc?

Oh, and if anyone tries this: Days of Futures Past Wolverine has an established history. He was plucked into an Exiles story, died there, his charred skeleton was impliedly returned to the moment that the Sentinel fried him, and then he was resurrected and sent to Earth-X. Any version to the contrary, if a future writer tries it, is a dirty lie. ;)
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."