Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    In some ways it makes sense and some ways it doesn't.

We really don't have any hard evidence that he actually killed himself which would be a lot harder to do in the quick time frame they had.
    That's true, I wonder if he may have kept him alive or something? The time frame is what bothers me the most. Nitro fried him in one issue to almost nothing during Civil War and he recovered but I can't imagine what another Wolverine would be able to do to permanently kill himself.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

This was the question that i asked at the beginning which noone bothered asking or answering.

Why does he need to "buy" heroes from the villains when he has already conquered everything? doesn't make sense and doesn't seem very Ultron like.
    why? because there only a handful of characters Bendis can write. and he reuses ideas constantly. this was probably an idea he didn't get to do with the Hood (the Owl, Count Nefaria, or the Kingpin). that's why Ultron is acting so out of character. he did this "computer virus" stuff in his she-Ultron arc. read his Guardians of the Galaxy long enough and I bet you see some familiar territory covered there, as well.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    why? because there only a handful of characters Bendis can write. and he reuses ideas constantly. this was probably an idea he didn't get to do with the Hood (the Owl, Count Nefaria, or the Kingpin). that's why Ultron is acting so out of character. he did this "computer virus" stuff in his she-Ultron arc. read his Guardians of the Galaxy long enough and I bet you see some familiar territory covered there, as well.
    I'm starting to think the Bendis Moon Knight series about that Ultron connection, was a missing link to the story Bendis wanted to tell in 2012, but couldn't. As it is, the MK series came after AU 10, after Avengers #12.1, so the MK series ends up as an aftermath of the Ultron War, where instead of villains getting heroes and selling them to Ultron, villains (Mr Hyde) are getting Ultron and selling them to villains (Count Nefaria). And in this case, MK eventually gets a hold of the Ultron head and gives it to Tony who puts it in Avengers Tower.

The interesting thing is, as I am placing the MK series after Avengers Assemble # 6, (where Avengers Tower is rebuilt), that Tony is still warning that Ultron is out there still planning and will attack some time in the future. So we are left with the prospect that Stark knows Age of Ultron still occurs in Marvel NOW, despite Ultrons defeat way back in Avengers #12.1. It is quite intriguing.

Another thing worth noting about Avengers Assemble # 6 is that the Elders of the Galaxy took Thanos as their prisoner, and that the Badoon declared war on Earth at the end. So this all points to the Infinity Event coming up, and the events in GOTG 0.1 - 3.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-25-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

So, let me get this straight... 4.5 Stars... For this piece of shit... Are you fucking kidding me?!

It's official, CBR takes bribes from Marvel. There goes their credibility...
    Last edited by SuperSparkplug; 06-25-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

I honestly didn't mind issues #1 - "9.9" when I re-read it. The last few pages of issue ten ruined the entire thing, it should have ended after the pages within Avengers #12.1 when they destroyed Ultron. Sue Storm and Wolverine really shouldn't have been in existence if they avoided the Age of Ultron timeline and the last few pages where it was a spread page of art and then an ad for another book should have been taken out of the book.

Why cant Bendis co-write a book? is his ego too large to share the credit?

I want more variants with figures and foil and poly bags and shiny things. I LOVE MY VARIANTS DAMNIT!
    You got to live MAS FINA!
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

Why cant Bendis co-write a book? is his ego too large to share the credit?
    It's a theory of mine that if you tried to put him and Geoff Johns in the same room the universe would be destroyed by the black hole the mass of their egos colliding would then create.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post

There was the whole thing with bodies in the Ultron drones. At least I think they were bodies. There might have been a whole storyline about super ultrons.

The story was edited to fit in with Angela and AI I don't think that was the original story that was going to be told coming out of Avengers and Moonknight. I am not sure how much blame is with Bendis and how much goes to the editors who did not want to scrap a paid for story and shoehorned it into the current MU. Either way it is not the best work.

Remains to be seen. I think we'll get an answer in Children of the Atom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonyleopard View Post
    Oh god no. Why would you say that? Why would you even give them that idea (because I now totally can see that excuse being used to do just that )