Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: How Would You Grade Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel?"

How Would You Grade Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel?"

With an opening weekend gross of over $125M in the United States alone, it's a safe bet that many of you saw "Man of Steel" over the past few days. Now, CBR wants to know how you'd grade the latest big screen take on Superman!

Vote on the poll here.

A-. Despite some pacing problems and a bit of a lull in the beginning the movie kept peaking right through the end, which is the best you could hope for. Cavill was Superman, the rest of the cast was fantastic. Action and special effects are currently the best there has ever been in cinema. And the story was pretty basic which kept it coherent throughout the noise.

I gave it an 'A'. Certainly the most enjoyable, entertaining, adult (if I can use that word) and emotionally satisfying of all the Superman movies, for me, to date.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

I gave it a D, had so much potential and I tried so many times to convince myself to like it like I think most people has done but I could not, this is basically how I felt about it.

The original superhero is given the sense of spectacle he deserves - but this is a cold, emotionless film that never makes us care for Superman the way he's supposed to care about us. There's nothing very astonishing about this, despite layers upon layers of effects. Man of Steel is no fun, whether Superman broods or is in action. Endless, mindless, explosive, stultifying action. There are so many great things in Man of Steel and yet none of them quite knows where to go.

I haven't watched the movie yet but I will.

I would say they have picked the right actor for Superman.

But I think, I would prefer Kelly Brook as Lois Lane
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 06-17-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I gave it an A as well. I agree with Lnacerman, there were some pacing issues. Though it was an interesting take on Superman that blended a lot of his long history into a modern story. The cast was amazing. Cavill really felt like Superman for me. Actually, all the cast felt right as their respective characters. I felt like this was the Superman movie I was waiting for. As a bonus, my fiancé really enjoyed it too. So I got to see my favorite hero and have a pretty awesome date night. This was a win for me. I look forward to more MOS movies in the future and I'll be seeing this again.

A, I thought this movie was excellent.

Prior to the release, it has been long debated if Superman was even relevant anymore. Its the reason why there are SO MANY analogues of him from every publisher, most of them exploring what this movie has done: basing it off the premise of "what IF he existed in the real world? And fought a threat just as strong?" This movie not only delivered on that and then some, but was also able to tie in an origin in a unique way so you never felt like they were rehashing what we already knew. I loved this movie, it ended and I wanted more. I feel it was one of the top 5 superhero films of all time.

It's a C movie...

It's totally satisfying in that it has all the Superman action I've ever wanted to see. Unfortunately, they had to butcher the character to deliver the action.

The last couple minutes of the movie however give me hope that the sequels might deliver the Superman we all know and love.

A B minus, but I'm very hopeful for the sequel.

C+ for me. I enjoyed it but I believe they could have done some stuff differently.
    Buy The Punisher

A-, not perfect, but great in the right places and a good first step into a wider world.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

A -, need several perfection on here and there. but surely the action sequence is the best.

A. Great movie. Seen it twice already and going to see it a 3rd time next wknd.

Definitely no more than a B, and that would be me being generous.

There were just too many little things that added up, and that's including more technical aspects.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I chose "B". I'd give a B+, bordering on an A-.

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, BUT ... the action sequences went on a bit too long, and as a result they skimped a bit on the character development. Had they swapped 15 minutes of action for 10-15 minutes of character focus, the movie would probably register an A to A+. The character pieces, especially the flashbacks to Clark's boyhood, were great. Both Henry Cavill and Amy Adams were generally excellent as well.

Still want to see it again.
    Currently reading far too many comics to list (mostly DC/Vertigo), despite the best hope of my parents that I'd outgrow comics by the time I turned 50.