Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Disney Sets Release Dates for Two Unannounced Marvel Phase Three Movies

Full article here.

Here's hoping one is a Hulk sequel, Mark Ruffalo was awesome in Avengers and would love to see him in a solo Hulk movie.

Obviously somoene to expand the Avengers as well as carry on the Avengers Mantle after they move away from Thor, Iron Man etc...I could see Luke Cage finally being made or the Ms Marvel film giving it a go.

Captain Marvel or Heroes for Hire for the second one, please.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    Captain Marvel or Heroes for Hire for the second one, please.
    They better pick something good because I can't imagine a way Antman wont be a flop. Hard to see people really getting excited about a super hero who's power is shrinking. Oh and wife beating.
    Just say no to lame Ultimate replacement characters.

I'd be up for Captain/Ms. Marvel or Black Panther as my top two others alongside Ant-Man and Dr. Strange. Ant-Man could introduce the Wasp for the next Avengers film, which would then also have Captain/Ms. Marvel.

But man, probably most of all I'd love to see Black Panther on screen. His portrayal in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes got me so excited for the possibilities and the added dynamics he'd bring to the team. He adds to the genius quotient alongside Tony and Bruce, not to mention Hank Pym (if he's the one they use -- which despite the fact I like the other two as well, Hank is my favorite and also really important to the MU). But T'Challa also brings a different "flavor" like they have been looking for with the addition of Ant-Man and Dr. Strange... The locations alone add a whole new feeling that we haven't seen in a Marvel film -- let alone ANY superhero film -- let alone a great number of action-hero films. And he has a origin story and character arc that is different than any superhero we've seen on screen.

Also, he's just the man. If you watch Avengers EMH, you can see how much fun he is on screen -- his physicality is a blast to watch fighting, but maybe even more so is his intelligence as he often figures something out before the other heroes do and silently solves the problem -- no need to gloat, he just gets it done. So he's kind of an opposite to Tony, and I hope we'd get to see them on screen together because their dynamic would be fun as T'Challa out-paces Stark in the lab. So much possibility. Oh, and tap Don McGregor as a story consultant as his "Panther's Rage" story is one of the most highly regarded and acclaimed runs on Black Panther. He'll help get the film right. See this wiki article, then go read Panther's Rage in the Marvel Masterworks volume -- it's worth double the cover price and that version is the best since it has an honest intro by McGregor about his time at Marvel and the struggle to get the series published despite great reception from fans and steady sales, and a heart-felt piece by Dwayne McDuffie.
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX7373 View Post
    They better pick something good because I can't imagine a way Antman wont be a flop. Hard to see people really getting excited about a super hero who's power is shrinking. Oh and wife beating.
    Then you sir, have no imagination.

And how does everybody forget that Peter Parker once hit Mary Jane Watson... WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT.
    Hank Pym has atoned for his sins a million times over.

And the character in your avatar is way worse than any other "hero." Wolverine is a mass-murderer... and he yet fans still think of him as an awesome heroic figure.

Regardless, character flaws make a character interesting. If they are perfect, then they are boring and there is little story to tell.
    Last edited by daredeville; 06-14-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Captain Marvel or Black Panther please Marvel!

I guess it would make sense for Marvel to start getting the players together for a new Avengers team. Can't really see too many of the current Avenger actors being around for a fourth movie.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

I think from this point they start to overstretch it. Ant-Man? Dr. Strange? No way that they will pay off.

I also disagree about Ant-Man being a potential flop. It's not the power of the hero that will draw the crowd it's the quality of the film. Singer's Superman reboot will pale in comparison to Snyder's. Snyder's will make more money and launch a franchise where the other will forever be a point of contention for fans who liked or disliked it.

Ant-Man will make a lot of money actually because I bet it'll go the comedic route and it will be family friendly. Think Pixar but live action.

I would like to see Marvel go for it and make a solo film with a female lead. I'd prefer Captain Marvel but the Carol Danvers origin would need major streamlining. Black Widow is a much easier film to sell and probably a less FX heavy budget but then you have to wonder if it's not redundant of what we already have on tv with Covert Affairs, Nikita, etc.

When is there going to be talk of Spider-Woman?!

Come on Forbush man......

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX7373 View Post
    Shrinking, growing, not to mention him being a genius, and he created a helmet which allowed him to communicate with insects.

Oh, and that he hit his wife once, during a mental breakdown, and later recovered from the mental breakdown and apologised. A character with poor mental health who actually recovers and is shown as being forgiven for his action while mentally ill by most people? I'd pay to see that without the superpowers.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Quote Originally Posted by daredeville View Post
    I'd be up for Captain/Ms. Marvel or Black Panther as my top two others alongside Ant-Man and Dr. Strange. Ant-Man could introduce the Wasp for the next Avengers film, which would then also have Captain/Ms. Marvel.

But man, probably most of all I'd love to see Black Panther on screen. His portrayal in Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes got me so excited for the possibilities and the added dynamics he'd bring to the team. He adds to the genius quotient alongside Tony and Bruce, not to mention Hank Pym (if he's the one they use -- which despite the fact I like the other two as well, Hank is my favorite and also really important to the MU). But T'Challa also brings a different "flavor" like they have been looking for with the addition of Ant-Man and Dr. Strange... The locations alone add a whole new feeling that we haven't seen in a Marvel film -- let alone ANY superhero film -- let alone a great number of action-hero films. And he has a origin story and character arc that is different than any superhero we've seen on screen.

Also, he's just the man. If you watch Avengers EMH, you can see how much fun he is on screen -- his physicality is a blast to watch fighting, but maybe even more so is his intelligence as he often figures something out before the other heroes do and silently solves the problem -- no need to gloat, he just gets it done. So he's kind of an opposite to Tony, and I hope we'd get to see them on screen together because their dynamic would be fun as T'Challa out-paces Stark in the lab. So much possibility. Oh, and tap Don McGregor as a story consultant as his "Panther's Rage" story is one of the most highly regarded and acclaimed runs on Black Panther. He'll help get the film right. See this wiki article, then go read Panther's Rage in the Marvel Masterworks volume -- it's worth double the cover price and that version is the best since it has an honest intro by McGregor about his time at Marvel and the struggle to get the series published despite great reception from fans and steady sales, and a heart-felt piece by Dwayne McDuffie.
    ^^^^^^^full of win.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Doctor Strange has been confirmed by Marvel so one of those slots is probably his. The other is anyone's guess at this point since Marvel is sitting on so many scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Full article here.
    1 of those movies had betta b Black Panther....Marvel shudnt let Disney impose its racism on their films.