Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Morbius: The Living Vampire, #6

"CURE EVERYTHING," Part One
    • Morbius has laid low long enough. After the Battle of Brownsville, he escapes to Manhattan, to Horizon Labs, to finally cure his vampirism.
    • But he's not aware Horizon's not the same as it once was -- it's different, it's better, it's SUPERIOR.
    • HOLD ONTO YOUR BUTTS! IT'S TIME FOR MORBIUS VS. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!

Full article here.

It's nice that Mike has a side-kick it's a shame he'll screw her over like all his former friends by keeping important info from them(although the thing with his mom is no ones business but his) and the new artist is ok not great but passable.

I like the art. I enjoy an ugly Morbius.

Nut, really, the stuff about his mother isn't just his business when it invokes the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I like the art. I enjoy an ugly Morbius.

Nut, really, the stuff about his mother isn't just his business when it invokes the mob.
    In Mike's head it is and he'll kill if its friend or foe that gets in the way of his goal but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrach Fan View Post
    In Mike's head it is and he'll kill if its friend or foe that gets in the way of his goal but that's just me.
    No, you're probably right.

Say what you will about this series, but if there's one thing Keatinge has done right, it's showing that Morbius is far from a bad person. No, he's just a person who makes a lot of really, really bad life choices, then tries too late to overcompensate for them. And he's an arrogent genius, which is arguably worse than if he was an idiot. Morbius is smart and has some reason to be arrogant. He can go a lot farther before his plan falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    No, you're probably right.

Say what you will about this series, but if there's one thing Keatinge has done right, it's showing that Morbius is far from a bad person. No, he's just a person who makes a lot of really, really bad life choices, then tries too late to overcompensate for them. And he's an arrogent genius, which is arguably worse than if he was an idiot. Morbius is smart and has some reason to be arrogant. He can go a lot farther before his plan falls apart.
    That why I can't wait for him to meet Spock, they both share the same arrogant genius category and then boom it all goes downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrach Fan View Post
    That why I can't wait for him to meet Spock, they both share the same arrogant genius category and then boom it all goes downhill from there.
    Yeah, they both are very similar, with Morbius being a "good" guy by sheer virtue of him being less obsessed with Spider-man.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Really looking forward to this. I love Superior Spider-Man and want to see him with Morbius. They reactions to each other is going to be good. I wonder if SpOck will try to help him with his problem? I always thought Morbius was a great character and I'm sad to see his book ending. Let's hope it goes out on a high note.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

My thing is, what's going to make Spock see the similarities between himself and Morbius?

Morbius is not the most likeable person. And also, wouldn't people find it strange that Spiderman doesnt hate Morbius all of a sudden?

The story was meh and the art was awful I mean the villain looks like she has Boxing gloves for crying out loud.

So, I guess we're looking at the daughter, or maybe granddaughter, of the late Jonas Harrow?
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

The Devil's Advocate aguynamedjames's Avatar

I'm really glad this series is still pushing forward. The art in #6 wasn't my cup of tea, but I've really come to like Morbius a lot. I was glad that the people of Brownsville accepted him. I know its going to be ruined, but I"m glad he found a little bit of peace...just in time for Superior Spider-Man to come piss in his cheerios lol.
    She was cold and perfect, like moonlit steel.