Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    It's a comic book. People with no powers have won against gods. Anything can happen.
    That really only happens with heroes vs villains. You are never going to see Daredevil defeating Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    When telepaths enter Storm's mind against her will they get fried and the electricity makes it very difficult for telepaths to read her mind. When Rachel was a dinosaur it literally took her hours to work through storm's defenses to control her powers and try and freeze the world.

o
    And yet Sinister and Unit did it within a matter of seconds? I think that more had to do with Rachel being inexperience and a dinosaur at the time.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aguynamedjames View Post

That guy Kevin Smart, wow, he really needs to be banned. You know what is most sickening about him?
    That he came to a comic book forum where people share their ideas and opinions about comics and had the audacity to share his ideas and opinions on comics. Ideas and Opinions that weren't shared by the majority of posters. That is a big time no-no.

Kevin Smart comes across as person who is very much a straight white male...god I hate those people.
    This post and your defense of Kevinsmart leads me to believe that you've never read anything he's posted. Because the problem isn't that he/she has an opinion or ideas that are different it's that these ideas or opinions are rather racial insensitive or simply sexist. And he/she has an habit of spouting these opinions and ideas as if there FACTS merely because he/she believes them. Oh, and there's the small matter or the hypocrisy in some of his/her posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I really hope BCW will give her a "solid" identity. Someone separate from her boring-no-arse mother.
    While I don't think of myself as a fan of Storm I have great admiration for the character, however after the last decade she's had I'd be VERY carefully about how freely I throw around the term BORING.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Most dangerous X-Men to homosexuals:

Colossus, Magneto, Oya, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Sunspot (depending on his mood), Warpath (because of his girth), Ink, Bishop, Hellion, Mercury.

Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Rachel humbled Thor.

Storm vs Thor, Ororo is humiliated.

Rachel winning here.

Not quite, posters have a habit making it out to be more than it was Rachel blocked Thor's attack and then attacked him and then Namor handled the rest she didn't humble him and neither did Jean in ANXM. If Rachel or Adult Jean fought Thor one on one they would lose and badly and there is no questioning that.

And just to be clear Rachel would not stand a chance against Storm. And neither would Jean, Emma, Psylocke, or Xavier she has the perfect powerset for combating high level psychics.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinSmart View Post
    thin a matter of seconds? I think that more had to do with Rachel being inexperience and a dinosaur at the time.
    Unit didn't use telepathy to affect any of the Uncanny X-Men. He states on panel that it's mind control without the use of telepathy. And when did Sinister take over Storm using telepathy. Anyways, you're right that Ray was a little less experienced in that arc, part of dumbing her character and powers down to make her a Claremont noob. But if she can attack and almost rip info out of Thor's mind, she can attack Storm's mind and handle the backlash.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinSmart View Post
    And yet Sinister and Unit did it within a matter of seconds? I think that more had to do with Rachel being inexperience and a dinosaur at the time.
    Not that it's impossible to beat Storm via telepathy but she has technically defeated Rachel's telepathy before, as well as defeated telepaths that have defeated Rachel. So you are definitely selling Storm short if you think that telepathy garners an easy win for Rachel going up against Ororo.

IIRC with Rachel, when she was possessed by Elias Bogan he had her telepathy and Emma's knowledge of Storm's mind and yet Storm still fried him. And during World's End, Rachel believing herself to be apart of the Hauka did not diminish her power or skill in the slightest, and she was already an experienced telepath at that time. At that point Rachel coud not subdue Storm's mind with her TP assault and would have been blown away had she not been anchored by Raina. In support of Rachel's power though Storm stated she would need to kill her in order to completely free herself. And in the second instance Storm's lightning scrambled Rachel's telepathy when she tried to subdue Storm's mind, and she needed to be brought closer to Ororo to be more effective, be anchored against the wind by Raina again, and was only seconds away from not being able to subdue Storm period via telepathy. It was after Storm was sedated that Rachel established a direct link to Storm's power and bypassed her concious control completely that she was able to generate the hyper-storms around the globe. And that still took Rachel's full concentration.

In addition to that classic Psylocke, Shadow King, and Emma Frost's telepathy have all been overcome by Storm. More often than not Storm has been written to have one of the strongest wills of the X-Men, and some of the best TP resistance feats on the x-roster.

I know If it came down to an all out brawl, which I doubt will be the case (these ladies have been good friends for quite a few years so I don't see that happening), I think it's a fight that could really go either way.

And Unit's a telepath? Where was that confirmed? I know he "controlled" the X-Men but I don't recall it being stated that it was via telepathy.

In the X-Men/Spider-Man team up I recall Sinister psionically attacking the X-Men, and even then there was no proof that she couldn't resist him since it was a very shortlived attack (though none of the X-Men could really hurt him physically anyway). And under Gillen's pen, which he wrote most of the X-Men quite badly throughout his run IMO (he wrote the villains better than the most powerful x-team to date), didn't Sinister have multiple clones simultaneously using their TP to subdue the X-Men, and not just himself? I blocked most of Gillen's run out of my mind so I could be off on that, but I believe it was not just TP coming from Sinister alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
    Not that it's impossible to beat Storm via telepathy but she has technically defeated Rachel's telepathy before, as well as defeated telepaths that have defeated Rachel. So you are definitely selling Storm short if you think that telepathy garners an easy win for Rachel going up against Ororo.

IIRC with Rachel, when she was possessed by Elias Bogan he had her telepathy and Emma's knowledge of Storm's mind and yet Storm still fried him. And during World's End, Rachel believing herself to be apart of the Hauka did not diminish her power or skill in the slightest, and she was already an experienced telepath at that time. At that point Rachel coud not subdue Storm's mind with her TP assault and would have been blown away had she not been anchored by Raina. In support of Rachel's power though Storm stated she would need to kill her in order to completely free herself. And in the second instance Storm's lightning scrambled Rachel's telepathy when she tried to subdue Storm's mind, and she needed to be brought closer to Ororo to be more effective, be anchored against the wind by Raina again, and was only seconds away from not being able to subdue Storm period via telepathy. It was after Storm was sedated that Rachel established a direct link to Storm's power and bypassed her concious control completely that she was able to generate the hyper-storms around the globe. And that still took Rachel's full concentration.

In addition to that classic Psylocke, Shadow King, and Emma Frost's telepathy have all been overcome by Storm. More often than not Storm has been written to have one of the strongest wills of the X-Men, and some of the best TP resistance feats on the x-roster.

I know If it came down to an all out brawl, which I doubt will be the case (these ladies have been good friends for quite a few years so I don't see that happening), I think it's a fight that could really go either way.

And Unit's a telepath? Where was that confirmed? I know he "controlled" the X-Men but I don't recall it being stated that it was via telepathy.

In the X-Men/Spider-Man team up I recall Sinister psionically attacking the X-Men, and even then there was no proof that she couldn't resist him since it was a very shortlived attack (though none of the X-Men could really hurt him physically anyway). And under Gillen's pen, which he wrote most of the X-Men quite badly throughout his run IMO (he wrote the villains better than the most powerful x-team to date), didn't Sinister have multiple clones simultaneously using their TP to subdue the X-Men, and not just himself? I blocked most of Gillen's run out of my mind so I could be off on that, but I believe it was not just TP coming from Sinister alone.
    To be fair they really dumbed up Rachel like someone already said in that run. I mean she had to learn how to use illusions with Emma thought she had used them before. Like I said in a fight any of them could win, It's all about the writer and the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Windrider View Post
    Honestly, Rachel would be a lot better off going the physical route, Storm doesn't have much in the way of physical defenses, though in practice it's amazing how many heroes who are not theoretically proof against being hit with a car never actually get hit with one. Actually, she should just use telekinesis to throw a brick, everyone knows that superheroes are uniquely vulnerable to thrown bricks.

To be fair they really dumbed up Rachel like someone already said in that run. I mean she had to learn how to use illusions with Emma thought she had used them before. Like I said in a fight any of them could win, It's all about the writer and the plot.

This is true but Claremont honestly had a habit of doing that with all his characters short of Storm, and while I do think she has the tool to defeat high level psychics I think Claremont could go overboard sometimes with how much "better" he had Storm as in comparison to the other X-ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    And / or women
    Yes, both is always good. The more the merrier. It would be nice to have a bi character that isn't a sociopath. I was hoping that would be Kurt but oh well.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    While I don't think of myself as a fan of Storm I have great admiration for the character, however after the last decade she's had I'd be VERY carefully about how freely I throw around the term BORING.
    ...I freely admit Storm has been uninteresting wall-paper for a greater part of the last decade and some...but the only time Jean has ever been interesting was during her Dark Phoenix years. And when Morrisson wrote her, briefly.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    ...I freely admit Storm has been uninteresting wall-paper for a greater part of the last decade and some...but the only time Jean has ever been interesting was during her Dark Phoenix years. And when Morrisson wrote her, briefly.
    Which is fair, but then again the same could be said for Storm, she is only interesting when written by Claremont so there's that.

Which is fair, but then again the same could be said for Storm, she is only interesting when written by Claremont so there's that.
    But that's not true. Storm was interesting when Ellis, McDuffie, Yost and a few others wrote her. Jean was only interesting during the 90's and the early 2000's. Which is sad, I like Jean.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    But that's not true. Storm was interesting when Ellis, McDuffie, Yost and a few others wrote her. Jean was only interesting during the 90's and the early 2000's. Which is sad, I like Jean.

o
    Which is why it's also an opinion just like the comment above about Jean is one, one that can disputed but not really changed, I just am always interested when posters throw around what makes someone "interesting" or "boring" especially when if you shift the focus just a bit the terms become interchangeable.
    Last edited by celestialbodies; 06-17-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Which is why it's also an opinion one that you can dispute but can't really change, I just am always interested when posters throw around what makes someone "interesting" or "boring" especially when if you shift the focus just a bit the terms become interchangeable.
    I can see that point. Thanks for clarifying.

o

This is true but Claremont honestly had a habit of doing that with all his characters short of Storm, and while I do think she has the tool to defeat high level psychics I think Claremont could go overboard sometimes with how much "better" he had Storm as in comparison to the other X-ladies.
    As much as Claremont is one of my favorite X-writers (and fave Storm) this was annoying with the other X-Females plus even when she was powerless she'd hardly ever get injured but you had Colossus, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Rogue and Wolverine getting clobbered. How did she become such an perfect fighter after she lost her powers?

As much as I hail Claremont he had such an obvious bias towards Wolverine and Storm.

CTT Grand High Priest Windrider's Avatar

You are probably right on Rachel. I haven't followed Rachel prior to her appearance in XXM and Uncanny to know what her powers like back before then. I think it's a fight that could really go either way. Both characters have the history to back up a credible win depending on how it's written.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyJ View Post
    Honestly, Rachel would be a lot better off going the physical route, Storm doesn't have much in the way of physical defenses, though in practice it's amazing how many heroes who are not theoretically proof against being hit with a car never actually get hit with one. Actually, she should just use telekinesis to throw a brick, everyone knows that superheroes are uniquely vulnerable to thrown bricks.
    Lol...

On physical force, I still see it being pretty even. In this case it's wind/atmospheric pressure/lightning vs telekinetic force. I think it's a fight that could really go either way. A solid it from either one could end it.