Default If the Dark Ultimates Succeed

What would the world be like if Reed and his team succeed in erasing their past "mistakes"? We already caught a glimpse of what the UU looks like had Doomsday, Ragnarok or Reed's invasion of Europe not happened (assuming I'm correct about what was shown in the preview for next weeks issue). But lets expand on that; We know Pietro and Banner have a bit to atone for so they, too, will probably try to erase part of their past using the infinity gems. How will that reshape the UU? What series of events would change and how would they now have played out?

Keep in mind I think Fialkov isn't allowed to touch Ulrimatum or Death of Spider-Man.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Why wouldn't he be able to mess with the two biggest "mistakes" in the UU? It kind of nueters the story if those are off the table.

I think that if we leave those two off the table we see Doom again and Ben never gets with Sue. Reed is still part of the FF and only he remembers what really happened. Tony is taken off the board and Asgard comes back so Thor is a God again.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I hope they aren't going to change too much of the Ultimate Universe's history. It will just make the history of the UU more confusing for new readers.
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 06-13-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    I hope they aren't going to change to much of the Ultimate Universe's history. It will just make the history of the UU confusing for new readers.
    Its already ridiculously confusing for new/all readers

Quote Originally Posted by Definite21 View Post
    Its already ridiculously confusing for new/all readers
    Than it doesn't help to make it even more confusing.

I don't think that these changes will be permanent. I think it will be like President Thor where we get to see an alternate version of the UU, but in the end things will go back to normal. Or at least mostly normal.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Yeah, I don't think this arc will result in permanent unwriting of major plot developments - even for the UU, that's going a bit too far. There'll probably be echoes of the changes after this arc, but for the most part, the Dark Ultimates will probably be thwarted and all of the "damage" reversed.

Even if Ultimatum or DoSM were "allowed" to be rewritten, I don't think Fialkov would be so stupid as to show all these characters alive and well again (and make everyone on this forum go insane), and then rip it away from everyone at the end of the arc. That's a dangerous game.

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I don't think that these changes will be permanent. I think it will be like President Thor where we get to see an alternate version of the UU, but in the end things will go back to normal. Or at least mostly normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Yeah, I don't think this arc will result in permanent unwriting of major plot developments - even for the UU, that's going a bit too far. There'll probably be echoes of the changes after this arc, but for the most part, the Dark Ultimates will probably be thwarted and all of the "damage" reversed.

Even if Ultimatum or DoSM were "allowed" to be rewritten, I don't think Fialkov would be so stupid as to show all these characters alive and well again (and make everyone on this forum go insane), and then rip it away from everyone at the end of the arc. That's a dangerous game.
    I don't know. In interviews (and twitter, I think) Fialkov talks about making radical changes and he submits stories to his editor expecting them to be changed and they just go with it, to his surprise. Plus, Bendis talks about changes in the next 6 months, Alonso says something big will happen in October and the last part of this arc is September. If everything went back to the way it was prior to the Gauntlet and the Triskelion blowing up and all the "damage" was reversed, that would be pretty lame.

Yeah, I also remember reading on more than one occasion from interviews with Fialkov that he "wants to stay on this book until he's forced to leave due to the terrible things he's done" (not an exact quote, but something along the lines). I won't be surprised if he pulls out some extremely bold ideas.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    Yeah, I also remember reading on more than one occasion from interviews with Fialkov that he "wants to stay on this book until he's forced to leave due to the terrible things he's done" (not an exact quote, but something along the lines). I won't be surprised if he pulls out some extremely bold ideas.
    Yeah, he did say that and really hope he stays around for at least a few years.

I can see Fialkov getting rid of the City and Wood getting rid of Tian in World War X. Whilst they were great stories when Hickman was running the show they are also the elephant in the room for other writers. They are too big to ignore so I would rather they we at least cleared away with valid explanations rather than just ignored

BANNED

Yeah, when asked how long he was planning on writing for the UU he joked about something like he's going to keep f***ing s**t up until he gets fired. I don't know if that's his exact words, but his words were very.. liberal in the interview, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    I can see Fialkov getting rid of the City and Wood getting rid of Tian in World War X. Whilst they were great stories when Hickman was running the show they are also the elephant in the room for other writers. They are too big to ignore so I would rather they we at least cleared away with valid explanations rather than just ignored
    Clear away potential that hasn't even come to fruition? We've hardly seen what Tian's culture and society is really like, we don't know how they maintain their way of life, what utilities or places of leisure there are. What are the fields like that grow their food, are there different means of transport, and more importantly, how do the twin cities differ from each other?

And The City is one of the most intriguing environments, if not THE most intriguing environment on Ultimate earth, and I just think the Children of Tommorow and the way their society operated, the way it functioned and all the different classes of Children, such as Second Sword, the Nurses, Spears and the Dynamos, were all so amazing to read and learn about. The environment/setting was just extraordinary. And in half a page.. IT'S ALL GONE!! And it's like my heart has just been ripped out of my chest. These are stunning environments that help define the crazy world that is the UU. Hickman created niches for the UU, and The City and the Twin Cities of Tian were some of the UU's niches, the way there were these different cultures and societies of super-beings, and the way they were introduced. And I cannot stress how important a setting is for every story. The setting/environment should come first and foremost with every comicbook, especially because of it's visual representation of the story through drawings. Ultimate New York is a pretty dull setting sometimes. I'm bored of it. It's not much different than 616 New York, so I don't see the point in using the same old setting over and over again. Sometimes when I read Ultimate Comics I think "Why can't this story take place somewhere cool like Tian?"

I hate how every [The] Ultimates writer to date has either ignored, or destroyed the work of the title's previous creators. Like the writer has just thought "F**k this" and then just capped off the previous story as quickly as possible, and it comes across as lazy and disrespectful to the continuing story and the fans reading it. There's no need to get rid of the Children of Tomorrow or the Celestials and the Eternals. No need whatsoever.

I'm still wondering whether She-Hulk and Captain Britain were killed off last issue.

Just bring back Peter and the real Wolverine and I'll be happy.
    Human Torch probably would never have lived with Peter
    SpOck/"Superior"'s number one hater

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlarvitar View Post
    Just bring back Peter and the real Wolverine and I'll be happy.
    Human Torch probably would never have lived with Peter
    I'm not sure what either of these comments have to do with the ultimates but I really hope this never happens