Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Visser III/I (Three/One) vs. Motaro

    Visser Three (of the Animorphs series) vs Motaro (Mortal Kombat)

    All special powers/weapons banned

    BFR prohibited

    Bloodlust on

    Motaro gets 7 months' prep time to learn Andalite tail-fighting techniques

    Visser Three gets same amount of prep time to learn Centaurian hand-to-hand combat techniques

    Who takes the victory?

    For those who may not know, "Visser Three" actually refers to the alien Yeerk who has enslaved and hijacked the body of the Andalite war -criminal known as War-Prince Alloran-Semitur-Corrass. It has been said that Andalite arms are generally weaker than human arms. However, Alloran was supposed to be an Andalite that was RIPPED, so I would say that his arms are a tad bit stronger than the average pair of human arms. Motaro looks like he is on STEROIDS. The reason I disabled all special weapons/powers is because as an Andalite-Controller, Visser Three has access to all kinds of Yeerk AND Andalite weapons tech. Not to mention that (for most of the Animorphs series) he was the only Yeerk to be able to morph, which was strictly Andalite tech. In other words, even without morphing ability, with weapons-- Visser Three turns Motaro to ash. With morphing ability on, Motaro is lunch (Visser Three morphed into a huge alien monster that actually ate Elfangor near the end of the first 3 chapters).

  2. #2
    Senior Member Stigma Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    I'd give it to the Visser, due to the speed of the Andalite tail, which seems way faster then Montaro's.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place


    My card

  3. #3
    Shine On. The Once And Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis/Franklin, Indiana
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    You're also taking away Motaro's ability to teleport and shoot fireballs (iirc).

    Meaning he has to close ranks with the guy inhabiting the body of a creature that has spent years in very earnest combat of the tail-fighting variety.

    Yeah...seven months isn't going to equal Alloran's war history. Motaro is going down.

    Also, the Centaurian h2h manual, at least when they're actually quadripedal seems to be limited to "punch it," "punch it harder," and "rip it's head off." I don't think Alloran's body could pick up much from it.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    You're also taking away Motaro's ability to teleport and shoot fireballs (iirc).

    Meaning he has to close ranks with the guy inhabiting the body of a creature that has spent years in very earnest combat of the tail-fighting variety.

    Yeah...seven months isn't going to equal Alloran's war history. Motaro is going down.

    Also, the Centaurian h2h manual, at least when they're actually quadripedal seems to be limited to "punch it," "punch it harder," and "rip it's head off." I don't think Alloran's body could pick up much from it.
    You're thinking of the game version of Motaro. You forget that his race (the Centaurians) have been at war with their natural enemies, the Shokan, for AEONS. Motaro probably has personally fought against the Shokan for years. I would say that Motaro potentially has combat experience equal to or greater than Alloran, and no, I'm not talking about merely "punch it, punch it harder, and rip its head off". For instance, the only reason Motaro lost to Johnny Cage (a bad-ass warrior in his own right) in MK9 is because Raiden interfered by slamming into Motaro from above, knocking him through a bridge, and into the water.

    That's why I gave Motaro prep time to learn Andalite tail-fighting techniques. When Visser Three comes at him with a certain tail strike, Motaro can counter it-- that is, assuming that Centaurians can move their tails as fast as Andalites can. Even if I gave Motaro his teleport, it would do no good against any Andalite because its impossible to sneak up on one.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Stigma Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enerjak_Knuckles View Post
    You're thinking of the game version of Motaro. You forget that his race (the Centaurians) have been at war with their natural enemies, the Shokan, for AEONS. Motaro probably has personally fought against the Shokan for years. I would say that Motaro potentially has combat experience equal to or greater than Alloran, and no, I'm not talking about merely "punch it, punch it harder, and rip its head off". For instance, the only reason Motaro lost to Johnny Cage (a bad-ass warrior in his own right) in MK9 is because Raiden interfered by slamming into Motaro from above, knocking him through a bridge, and into the water.

    That's why I gave Motaro prep time to learn Andalite tail-fighting techniques. When Visser Three comes at him with a certain tail strike, Motaro can counter it-- that is, assuming that Centaurians can move their tails as fast as Andalites can. Even if I gave Motaro his teleport, it would do no good against any Andalite because its impossible to sneak up on one.
    Based of what we see though Visser 3 is much more skilled at tail fighting and that would make him more effective in this fight, compared to Motaro who would mainly deal with punches and the like.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place


    My card

  6. #6
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Visser One is essentially a Latina Sports Mom, so I don't see her adding much to this. Unless a Dracon Beam is standard equipment?

    ...Although I don't see you mentioning her again after the thread title.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Stigma Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Visser One is essentially a Latina Sports Mom, so I don't see her adding much to this. Unless a Dracon Beam is standard equipment?

    ...Although I don't see you mentioning her again after the thread title.
    Spoilers ahead...





    Visser 3 becomes Visser 1 near the end of the series after they free the original Visser 1's host (Marco's mum), since Visser is just a rank. So refering him to either Visser 3 or Visser 1 is accurate.
    Rumbler's League with the Team Beasts of Burden 3rd place


    My card

  8. #8
    Shine On. The Once And Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis/Franklin, Indiana
    Posts
    12,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enerjak_Knuckles View Post
    You're thinking of the game version of Motaro. You forget that his race (the Centaurians) have been at war with their natural enemies, the Shokan, for AEONS. Motaro probably has personally fought against the Shokan for years. I would say that Motaro potentially has combat experience equal to or greater than Alloran, and no, I'm not talking about merely "punch it, punch it harder, and rip its head off". For instance, the only reason Motaro lost to Johnny Cage (a bad-ass warrior in his own right) in MK9 is because Raiden interfered by slamming into Motaro from above, knocking him through a bridge, and into the water.

    That's why I gave Motaro prep time to learn Andalite tail-fighting techniques. When Visser Three comes at him with a certain tail strike, Motaro can counter it-- that is, assuming that Centaurians can move their tails as fast as Andalites can. Even if I gave Motaro his teleport, it would do no good against any Andalite because its impossible to sneak up on one.
    The problem for Motaro's hand-to-hand feats is that he rarely gets featured in cutscenes, and we don't have much in the way of canon feats from him regarding any battles he has had with the Shokan or other forces.

    We do know, however, that Motaro at least loves to make use of how strong he is even by MK standards. Further, having a teleport is useful even if Esplin can see him because it enables him superior movement, which he'll need if we're spotting Esplin better tail-speed (and we should). Just because Esplin we'll be able to see where he teleported to doesn't grant him an automatic strike, he still has to react to a potential tail-strike, while also fearing the knowledge that if Motaro gets his hands on him, the fight we'll come to a very messy end.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Visser One is essentially a Latina Sports Mom, so I don't see her adding much to this. Unless a Dracon Beam is standard equipment?

    ...Although I don't see you mentioning her again after the thread title.
    Why can't someone acknowledge Esplin's late-series promotion? I mean, sure it turned out to be a dramatically terrible decision, but it happened nonetheless.

  9. #9
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    Why can't someone acknowledge Esplin's late-series promotion? I mean, sure it turned out to be a dramatically terrible decision, but it happened nonetheless.
    Right, sorry. It's only the last couple of books though, and there's a grand total of two books out of about 60 that use his personal name and one that uses Edriss's name. To all intents and purposes, Visser Three and Visser One is what everyone calls them.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  10. #10
    Sir Stabsalot. Kill cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mabase City
    Posts
    3,015

    Default

    Can't Visser 3 turn into a whole bunch of horrifying alien monsters?
    Oh, I see you took that power away.
    Aw.
    That would have made the fight waay more interesting.
    "Do you hear what I hear?"

  11. #11
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill cujo View Post
    Can't Visser 3 turn into a whole bunch of horrifying alien monsters?
    Oh, I see you took that power away.
    Aw.
    That would have made the fight waay more interesting.
    Well, it does take about two minutes to finish Morphing anyhow, if he's not allowed to show up in a Morph.

    ...Giving him full access to his Thousand and One Nightmare Morphs would be more than a little unfair. Like fist-fighting a random entry from a Monster Manual.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  12. #12
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Right, sorry. It's only the last couple of books though, and there's a grand total of two books out of about 60 that use his personal name and one that uses Edriss's name. To all intents and purposes, Visser Three and Visser One is what everyone calls them.
    Man, Visser Three never became more skilled or anything. He just fluctuated in competence and then got promoted.

  13. #13
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Man, Visser Three never became more skilled or anything. He just fluctuated in competence and then got promoted.
    He'd be pretty great at his job if they'd handed him the Leera assignment.

    Similarly, Edriss was perfectly suited for the invasion of Earth... Though I'd say it's implied the Council feared her getting too much political capital if she pulled it off.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •