Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Six-Gun Gorilla, #1

Simon Spurrier and Jeff Stokely bring a gun-toting great ape to readers in BOOM!'s "Six-Gun Gorilla" #1.

Full review here.

I loved this issue. I gave it a 10 out of 10 at my site (in the link below) and that's my first 10 yet!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Spurrier has shown a real knack for hitting the ground running with cool sci fi, and unlike typical "idea men" he can both elevate high concept and nail dialogue.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

I read this yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It was my first book from BOOM!, and I was really pleased with the paper stock and the covers, too. I'll look for more from them in the future.

As for the story, I only got it for the weirdness factor, but I'm along for the ride with it now. Hopefully it'll pick up and we'll see some good development and find out WTH that gorilla came from.

I know I'm late to the party, but this may very well be the best opening issue I've ever read. This story has a depth far beyond what its title and cover promise, and issue #1 does a fantastic job of introducing the universe by showing instead of telling.

I want more.