Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    He's Always Right Ismail's Light's Avatar

Pak and Kuder on Action? SWEET.

Don't screw this up, DC editorial...

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Hey, for Superman, I think some schmaltz is a good thing. Lord knows it would be a relief from the grimdark New 52...
    I think honesty and openness in Superman is good. I think schmaltz is bad no matter what. "You're stronger than you think" is not, to me, schmaltz but insight.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wow, this is pretty great news. I was hoping for Soule, but Pak is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I think honesty and openness in Superman is good. I think schmaltz is bad no matter what. "You're stronger than you think" is not, to me, schmaltz but insight.
    Ah, OK. :) Then we're probably more on the same page. :)

Good news! Lobdell's stuff does nothing for me.

I enjoyed Pak's work on Hulk and some of his other stuff. I'm coming to appreciate him more as I read more of his stuff. So this makes me happy. Kuder on art, homerun. There may be hope for this book after all. Just hope these two are able to stay on the title for a while and there is no falling out. I was excited for Batman/Superman and now I'm excited for Action again. Good news!

I'll be in "wait and see" mode for now. Some folks responded to me and mentioned Hercules. I did forget about that. It was a fun and humorous series but I think the bulk of the credit for that probably has to go to Van Lente. So I'm not too excited about Pak, but based on others' excitement for him, I have hope that he'll do well. But it's "wait and see" for me.

cool

hopefully pak will last more than one issue
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Have no clue who the man is but we will see if he could write Superman. The True benchmark of any writer.
    Originally Posted by Francisco
    In a few years no one other that some aging fanboys like you would remember anything about the Donner film.

Welcome to The Lexrules Hall of Shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Have no clue who the man is but we will see if he could write Superman. The True benchmark of any writer.
    You won't have to wait long. Greg Pak is writing the new Batman/Superman series, the first issue of which will ship in two weeks.
    Currently reading far too many comics to list (mostly DC/Vertigo), despite the best hope of my parents that I'd outgrow comics by the time I turned 50.