Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    The contempt didn't even end with their deaths. Just think of that awful "documentary" that Bryan Singer did. DC (& its owners) is not the only party that expresses contempt for Jerry & Joe. A large portion of the industry (as well as many Superman fans) still act as Superman's creators were less than garbage. Their families were well aware of the hate & contempt the industry has heaped upon Jerry & Joe, during (& after) their lives. The pensions were at most $30,000 a year for each of them. DC/Warner was making mega-millions from their creation. The pensions were measly. Giving them tiny pensions was treating them like very minor insignificant ex-employees, who never did anything that mattered. They should not have had to almost sell their souls to get their creator credit restored. DC/Warner should have done that automatically, no strings attached. Other than that Jerry & Joe should have gotten two things. An apology for the crappy way they were treated for the previous 3+ decades. As well as a generous royalties deal for 5-10% of all revenues generated by the superman franchise. If DC/Warner had ignored their lawyers, and treated Jerry & Joe right, they would have benefitted. If nothing else they would avoided a decade or more of lawsuits from the Siegel & Shuster families.
    Yeah, the documentary that Fox included in the FF movie DVD on Jack Kirby was very reverential to the man's work and life, DC/Warner has yet to do something similar for 'The Boys'.

Sure, why not. The casual fans might not care, but as a slightly more devout follower, I love it when 1 of the Loises had a cameo as Lois' mom in the 1st movie, then another as her mom i Lois & Clark, then the other again in Superman Returns (and the Seinfeld American Express commercials), and when movie Jimmy was Jax Ur on Smallville, and Reeve and Kidder and Cain and Terri Hatcher all showed up on that show, and Jim Larson in Returns, and the Superman writers of the day in the Superman Day crowd in L&C. It's just good Easter egg fun.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

If they were still alive they'd both be 98 pushing 99. I highly doubt they'd be interested in being in a movie today since they weren't interested in doing a cameo in the 70s.

And how would you bring in two almost centenarians out of the blue? Have a reaction shot of Zod saying he is an alien overlord come to Earth, and then pan to Jerry and Joe so they can do their best Statler and Waldorf impression?

Jerry: My God! I guess that proves their is life on other planets!
    Joe: Why do you care about life on another planet anyways?
    Jerry: What do you mean?
    Joe: You don't even have a life on this planet!

*Statler and Waldorf laugh.*

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    If they were still alive they'd both be 98 pushing 99. I highly doubt they'd be interested in being in a movie today since they weren't interested in doing a cameo in the 70s.

And how would you bring in two almost centenarians out of the blue? Have a reaction shot of Zod saying he is an alien overlord come to Earth, and then pan to Jerry and Joe so they can do their best Statler and Waldorf impression?

Jerry: My God! I guess that proves their is life on other planets!
    Joe: Why do you care about life on another planet anyways?
    Jerry: What do you mean?
    Joe: You don't even have a life on this planet!

*Statler and Waldorf laugh.*

I have read that Jerry Siegel had a wacky sense of humor. Not saying that is a bad thing. And what is your point? You are not saying that if someone is near (or past) 100, that they should be ignored or treated as nothing but a bad joke. You are not saying that, are you?
    John Martin, citizen of the Omniverse. :D :evilsmile ;)

I have read that Jerry Siegel had a wacky sense of humor. Not saying that is a bad thing. And what is your point? You are not saying that if someone is near (or past) 100, that they should be ignored or treated as nothing but a bad joke. You are not saying that, are you?
    Aww look at you! You aren't being a self righteous prick trying to insinuate that I was saying something that I wasn't are you? ARE YOU?

My point was pretty clear but I'll spell it out for the slow among us.

1. IF they were alive they'd be pushing 100, and since they weren't interested in doing a movie 35 years ago when they were younger and healthier it's only logical that they wouldn't want to do it when they were almost 100. That's a lot of stress to put on somebody who's been around for a century.

2. Just putting two old men in the movie just as a little Easter Egg to show up Stan Lee would do little more then distract from the movie. Which is a complaint people have of Stan Lee being in every Marvel movie to begin with.

3. How dare you act like Statler and Waldorf are a bad joke! They are classic hecklers who are still beloved by young and old today!

One a scale of 1-10 your response is a 1. You should be ashamed of yourself sir.

[QUOTE=victorsage;17170227]Aww look at you! You aren't being a self righteous prick trying to insinuate that I was saying something that I wasn't are you? ARE YOU?

Obviously I was out of line. I was wrong, and I apologize.

My point was pretty clear but I'll spell it out for the slow among us.

1. IF they were alive they'd be pushing 100, and since they weren't interested in doing a movie 35 years ago when they were younger and healthier it's only logical that they wouldn't want to do it when they were almost 100. That's a lot of stress to put on somebody who's been around for a century.

When I say alive & well, I mean alive & in great (or at least good) health. And I am aware even if they were alive & well, there would have absolutely no possibility of them being offered anything to do with MOS. The past 35+ years would have had to have been different for the idea behind this thread to be anything but a fantasy.

2. Just putting two old men in the movie just as a little Easter Egg to show up Stan Lee would do little more then distract from the movie. Which is a complaint people have of Stan Lee being in every Marvel movie to begin with.

In my fantasy scenario, they play Clark's human grandfathers. In a flashback or two.

3. How dare you act like Statler and Waldorf are a bad joke! They are classic hecklers who are still beloved by young and old today!

Making Jerry & Joe into clones of Statler And Waldorf would make them into a bad joke. I always thought Statler & Waldorf were funny.

One a scale of 1-10 your response is a 1. You should be ashamed of yourself sir.

Actually i would give a -10. It was petty & stupid. I should not have posted it.
    John Martin, citizen of the Omniverse. :D :evilsmile ;)

The contempt didn't even end with their deaths. Just think of that awful "documentary" that Bryan Singer did. DC (& its owners) is not the only party that expresses contempt for Jerry & Joe. A large portion of the industry (as well as many Superman fans) still act as Superman's creators were less than garbage. Their families were well aware of the hate & contempt the industry has heaped upon Jerry & Joe, during (& after) their lives. The pensions were at most $30,000 a year for each of them. DC/Warner was making mega-millions from their creation. The pensions were measly. Giving them tiny pensions was treating them like very minor insignificant ex-employees, who never did anything that mattered. They should not have had to almost sell their souls to get their creator credit restored. DC/Warner should have done that automatically, no strings attached. Other than that Jerry & Joe should have gotten two things. An apology for the crappy way they were treated for the previous 3+ decades. As well as a generous royalties deal for 5-10% of all revenues generated by the superman franchise. If DC/Warner had ignored their lawyers, and treated Jerry & Joe right, they would have benefitted. If nothing else they would avoided a decade or more of lawsuits from the Siegel & Shuster families.
    This is all true. And the fans who have contempt for Siegel and Shuster are usually the ones who want Superman taken away from their core principles. It's really about what they want, which is a Marvelized Superman.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.