Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

I'm thinking Strange or Reed cut Doom in on what the Illuminati are up to. Brevoort said Doom would be showing up this issue, and the solicit claimed there was a "secret member of the Illuminati the others don't know about". With the exception of Namor, Strange and Reed have the most history with him, and I don't see Namor going to anyone for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    What they needed to do was work with the X-Men from the start and figure everything out together by pooling their intel. Not waste time fighting each other.
    That is the moral of the story. That's why we get the X-men in the end uniting with the Avengers to save the world, and why we get Uncanny Avengers afterwards with X-Men and Avengers continuing to work together.

I'm thinking Strange or Reed cut Doom in on what the Illuminati are up to. Brevoort said Doom would be showing up this issue, and the solicit claimed there was a "secret member of the Illuminati the others don't know about". With the exception of Namor, Strange and Reed have the most history with him, and I don't see Namor going to anyone for help.
    The most obvious choice would be Namor. They're buddies. Sort of.

But certainly Reed, Strange, and even T'Challa have all had previous working relations with Doom. Even Beast on one occasion at least asked him for help. Almost none of them are really above working with him if the situation calls for it.

Truthfully if I were the Illuminati I'd consider allowing Doom to take care of the incursions why they focused instead of finding the source of it. Doom can blow up other earths all day long without losing sleep over it.

They would have to at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Assuming Cyclops couldn't give her ALL the Phoenix, I probably would have trusted Hope with 1/5 of it more than I would most of the P5.

But yeah, Scott keeping it awhile longer while the Avengers got Hope the proper training she needed was what needed to happen. Things worked out the way they needed to.
    UXM#19 kind answers a lot of what your saying.

I don't really care who started what or for why. I want to see a well written smack down 'tween T'Challa and Namor. I want to see it done so well that fanboyz of other characters want to see it again and again. Throw the kingdoms in there with Latveria, Attila, and any other state that thinks they want in the mix and we have the Marvel version of Game of Thrones that so many people have already suggested. Pay attention Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by T'Kyl View Post
    I don't really care who started what or for why. I want to see a well written smack down 'tween T'Challa and Namor. I want to see it done so well that fanboyz of other characters want to see it again and again. Throw the kingdoms in there with Latveria, Attila, and any other state that thinks they want in the mix and we have the Marvel version of Game of Thrones that so many people have already suggested. Pay attention Marvel!
    Game of Thrones would work best with the Inhumans. Especially now that it's the Universal Inhumans, trying to have someone dominate the MU proper gets convoluted and ultimate can't have a lastign status quo. With the Inhumans you can have leadership change for years.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Well, I don't really want any of the principles dying as in Thrones. Gotta keep the heroes in there for the comics to sell. Anybody read Martin's books? The red wedding didn't shock me as much as the end of Dance of Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by T'Kyl View Post
    Well, I don't really want any of the principles dying as in Thrones. Gotta keep the heroes in there for the comics to sell. Anybody read Martin's books? The red wedding didn't shock me as much as the end of Dance of Dragons.
    I've read the first three, I've got to finish Consider Phlebas and Changa's Safari Book One before I move on to book Four of Song of Ice and Fire.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    Game of Thrones would work best with the Inhumans. Especially now that it's the Universal Inhumans, trying to have someone dominate the MU proper gets convoluted and ultimate can't have a lastign status quo. With the Inhumans you can have leadership change for years.
    U need a lot of factions but yeah if you were just going to pick one kingdom then the Inhumans have the most potential for factions. Although it probably works better with multiple distinct kingdoms.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Almost didn't make it to this part of the thread.
    Well done on getting yourselves back on topic.
    I'm very impressed as I thought the thread was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doom is supposed to be in this issue too so I wonder if there will be some attempt by Namor to get him on his side of this conflict or if he will approach Namor. Either that or he may be on to the Illuminati and Black Swan's presence in Latveria.
    It'd be interesting if Doom was weighing in on the decision making.
    He'd probably end up pulling the trigger on destroying a populated world.
    Then the other Illuminati members would be racked with guilt but wouldn't actually have killed anyone.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - A BOTA parody
    Comic book parodies - Collection of funny comic book pics & videos from around the web

Atlantis is playing no games I see.