Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Odd choices, sometimes rambling write-ups and too few photos. Kinda fun.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

Hyperion (Squadron Sinister) was created by Roy Thomas and SAL Buscema in Avengers #69.
    Hyperion (Squadron Supreme) was first illustrated by JOHN Buscema in Avengers #85 with a slightly-modified costume from the original Sal Buscema design.

Maximortal, youngsters, is really an excellent satire about comic-book characters and comic-book industry. Do you think than superhero gore started with Invincible, Authority or The Boys? Then you must read Maximortal and all the work of Rick Veitch.
    And truth be told, there are many Superman homages/parodies/wannabe/doppelgangers around than everyone have his favorite. Could be than some pay homage Superman past history (Supreme/Ultraman/Atomicus) or just take him to paths imposible for the real deal (Plutonian/Hyperion), or interesting variants (Icon/Apollo).
    Personally I liked Jerich. An extremely obscure homage to Superman. I don't think anyone could remember him (Clue: he was not from a comic book).
    On Miracleman/Marvelman: he was a rippoff to Captain Marvel. You could say than MM was an indirect Superman homage because of the similarity of the Cap and Superman, but in his genesis,the idea was to have a british Captain Marvel (magic word included).
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 06-11-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: add info.
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.

I thought Gladiator was Mon-El, not Kal-El.

Maximortal is a tough read. It's easier to read the prequel, "Brat Pack", in which Maximortal has a confusing, yet pivotal, role that doesn't get fully cleared up until you read his own series.

Weird list.. makes me wonder if the writer has read any comics since the 90s. Icon, Mr. Majestic and Samaritian are all obvious Superman Analogues that are more known than several of the ones that made the list. I'd personal also add Goku (From Dragonball/Dragonball Z).. but that's not as obvious, so I can live with it :)

... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squashua View Post
    I thought Gladiator was Mon-El, not Kal-El.
    I did, too. Makes more sense with the Legion homage; but from the author's own admission I don't think he really has that much invested in the Legion. Besides, Mon-El is a Kal-El homage, and deserved an honorable mention if only for being the only Superman homage ever to carry Superman's own book!

I'd also call leaving out Samaritan, Icon, and Captain Marvel huge mistakes as well, even Sentry should be on the list.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by erwinrafael View Post
    Where's Samaritan? AND Mr. Majestic?
    I totally agree. The short run of Mr. Majestic was fabulous. He should be in the top 10.

Apollo (Wildstorm) and Mr. Majestic were my favorite Superman imitators. The limited run by Joe Casey and Brian Holguin was fabulous. Apollo was also a good replica (with a twist, being gay).