Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Now to actually answer question with Avengers.Lets see the Breakdown

Captain Universe and Sentry are Crazy.Sentry is also dead at moment( soon to be back but anyways)
    Hulk-varies from stupid to slight average intelligence
    Thor-Above average intelligence in combat situation,about average intelligence else
    Blue Marvel-Phd in Theoretical Physics and BS in Electrical Engineering,Got two silver stars in Korean War.Hmmmm...

Is their really choice? Blue Marvel is basically Reed Richards with Sentry level powers who has military combat experience plus he has some exotic powers which able him to breath in space and possible energy constructs.

Humans, after all. People Of The Earth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    Didn't Thor just take down a few of the Fear itself charged guys like Thing and Hulk not to long ago.
    Problem with the Thing is, you KNOW there are stronger people out there than he - sometime, by far.
    The Thing, even juiced up with dark magic, is not on par with the likes of Hyperion, Gladiator or BM... or Thor, obviously.
    He's not at that level of power, and this is what I meant by top-tier brick : ultimate powerhouses.

Iirc in Fear Itself, it was a 2 on 1 fight, and from the moment Thor decided to go all-out on them, the Thing was instant-killed.
    At worse, it was something expected : not the killing-thing, but Thor having the upper hand on possessed-Grimm.

And Thor removed possessed-Hulk from the battlefield, because he knew he couldn't WIN this fight, despite going all-out on him - I don't see that otherly than Thor playing things very smartly. He was powerful enough to send him on another continent with a blow though, not many people can say that about fighting the Hulk, you're right.
    But for example, Hyperion took down fairly easily a mind-controlled Hulk, and him on the countrary, was clearly not going all-out on the Hulk.
    It reflects poorly on Thor power-wise imo.

Quote Originally Posted by blakkrussian View Post
    'Steady Golden One'....lol, If Ares knew how things were to turn out, he would have dropped Sentry on his head in that scan.

Anyway from what i remeber Sentry sucker punched Marvel. He just flew down from space ( where BM sent him) and hit Blue in a flash when he was distracted with the other Avengers, like so:

This panel irritates me.
    If really Sentry came at super-speed from the upper atmosphere to strike on BM, the impact shoud've been like this imo.

Not this wet "shaboom!" - that's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post

This panel irritates me.
    If really Sentry came at super-speed from the upper atmosphere to strike on BM, the impact shoud've been like this imo.

Not this wet "shaboom!" - that's just silly.
    Sentry's not an asteroid or a meteor. He is capable of slowing down at the last minute if he needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Problem with the Thing is, you KNOW there are stronger people out there than he - sometime, by far.
    The Thing, even juiced up with dark magic, is not on par with the likes of Hyperion, Gladiator or BM... or Thor, obviously.
    He's not at that level of power, and this is what I meant by top-tier brick : ultimate powerhouses.

Iirc in Fear Itself, it was a 2 on 1 fight, and from the moment Thor decided to go all-out on them, the Thing was instant-killed.
    At worse, it was something expected : not the killing-thing, but Thor having the upper hand on possessed-Grimm.

And Thor removed possessed-Hulk from the battlefield, because he knew he couldn't WIN this fight, despite going all-out on him - I don't see that otherly than Thor playing things very smartly. He was powerful enough to send him on another continent with a blow though, not many people can say that about fighting the Hulk, you're right.
    But for example, Hyperion took down fairly easily a mind-controlled Hulk, and him on the countrary, was clearly not going all-out on the Hulk.
    It reflects poorly on Thor power-wise imo.

This panel irritates me.

The Thing was way stronger than usual though. He beat the Red Hulk to a bloody pulp something he could not do most days. If Thing is usually 85 -90 tones he was about 50% stronger at that point. Hulk also was stronger than he usually is so I can't even guess his levels at that point so yeah I think Thor could not win. Could he beat the hulk most days yeah at least pre movie he could but this was supper charge Hulk Hyperion a=or Sentry would not be able to beat him on their own. He was not just mind controlled but stronger. A Hulk that is mind controlled ordinarily is probably weaker since he will not get stronger as he gets mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Now to actually answer question with Avengers.Lets see the Breakdown

Captain Universe and Sentry are Crazy.Sentry is also dead at moment( soon to be back but anyways)
    Hulk-varies from stupid to slight average intelligence
    Thor-Above average intelligence in combat situation,about average intelligence else
    Blue Marvel-Phd in Theoretical Physics and BS in Electrical Engineering,Got two silver stars in Korean War.Hmmmm...

Is their really choice? Blue Marvel is basically Reed Richards with Sentry level powers who has military combat experience plus he has some exotic powers which able him to breath in space and possible energy constructs.
    How is Cap Uni Crazy? the host is in a coma but there has been no sign on insanity has there?

Humans, after all. People Of The Earth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    The Thing was way stronger than usual though. He beat the Red Hulk to a bloody pulp something he could not do most days. If Thing is usually 85 -90 tones he was about 50% stronger at that point. Hulk also was stronger than he usually is so I can't even guess his levels at that point so yeah I think Thor could not win. Could he beat the hulk most days yeah at least pre movie he could but this was supper charge Hulk Hyperion a=or Sentry would not be able to beat him on their own. He was not just mind controlled but stronger. A Hulk that is mind controlled ordinarily is probably weaker since he will not get stronger as he gets mad.
    Oh yeah, the power boost was pretty huge in both case, and while I personnally agree with you on Hulk who couldn't have been bested by anyone, I don't think the Thing, even boosted, was in the same vicinity of sheer power.
    He was a lot stronger than usual, but even then, I do recall Thor being able to take him down the moment he decided to stop restraining himself out of friendship.
    Concerning the mind-control, it probably depends on whether it releases the latent bestiality of Hulk and let him go from there (Hulk used to be sent on rampages/unleashed on his teammates this way), or if the mind-controler assume constant control and piloting of the Hulk (hence Hulk being weaker in this case, indeed).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sentry's not an asteroid or a meteor. He is capable of slowing down at the last minute if he needs to.
    Actually it was Supreme Hyperion impacting Antarctica after re-entring the atmosphere at super-speed, not a simple meteor. And for the record, it left him unmoved afterward, despite the scale of the impact.

Because, see, if Sentry did slow down at the last minute, thus reducing the scale of the impact and the kinetic energy deployed in the process, how is it that the down-sized impact left him barely standing ?
    Either he did the stunt as a last desperate move to take down Blue Marvel and went all the way super-speed - hence the unrealistic aspect of the impact I highlighted.
    Or he controlled the descent so that he would not attain Blue Marvel at terminal velocity - hence the question : with less speed - and therefore, less kinetic force at the impact - why was he left barely standing afterward if he was controlling his fall ?

I daresay : why would he even WANT to control his descent, when clearly his opponent was on par with him and had just - his words - pushed him to his limits?
    They were clearly battling in a rocky/montaneous area, so he also had not to worry about killing surrounding populations in the process.
    AND of all people, Ares, IM, Ms Marvel and WonderMan were probably the most susceptible person to resist and survive the blast generated - it's not like it was Hawkeye or BW who could have been killed. So he hadn't to worry even about his teammates.

Really, I don't think the Sentry had any reason to go soft on his descent. I think the artist made a glaring mistake in stylizing the impact.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 06-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Hulk and Thor.

If not now then sooner or later it will revert back to these two, it always does.

And Hulk will be off the Avengers soon enough so Thor will go back to being top Avenger.
    Basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Common sense says Thor, so I'll go ahead and say Hyperion. Thor probably takes the initial beating to set it up for Hyperion to make the save.
    lmao brilliant answer.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Thor. I don't care how they write him or job him out to other characters. It's Thor hands down. And it's more than just how powerful you are. Thor's got the power, the skills, the knowledge and experience to handle just about any threat. In fact that's why they continue to job Thor, just to show how "powerful" the other character is. They continually downplay his powers and Thor himself has said that he doesn't use his full powers when fighting in our realm. This isn't a knock against these other fine heroes or lunatics. But Thor's the dude. He's gone up against magic, bricks, gods, Eternals, heralds, other cosmic beings, and even Celestials.

Thor is the dude.
    This, this, this.

The Thor vs Blue Marvel argument shouldn't even be happening since the creator of the character plainly stated that he was not as powerful as Thor.
    Last edited by Van Custo; 06-13-2013 at 02:27 PM.