Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Books are getting delayed because DC is scrambling all the creators in circles for these villain titles. They're trying to find new 'homes' for everyone because a few books are about to go away and some new ones are coming.

I predict Burnham will be drawing Batman and Robin pretty soon and the name of that book will change.

We know editorial has mandated many trivial last minute changes on virtually every current DC book. We know trivial changes have been mandated late in the game on Inc.

And, yet, without knowing shit for sure, some fans will be happy to insist still that Morrison or Chris Burnham are at fault without even the possibility of editorial hang ups.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I'm okay with the delay. When this book ends, that pretty much wipes Batman from my buy pile. Snyder's fanfic isn't worth reading anymore and the other books are just directionless and unremarkable.
    Truth#....... Seriously though...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    We know editorial has mandated many trivial last minute changes on virtually every current DC book. We know trivial changes have been mandated late in the game on Inc.

And, yet, without knowing shit for sure, some fans will be happy to insist still that Morrison or Chris Burnham are at fault without even the possibility of editorial hang ups.
    It could be both ,but Burnham has been notoriously late on inc.

Sadly, I don't know if I'd care if this were delayed for a month or longer. The book has been dead in the water for around 4 issues now.

The Great Curator Mr. Mastermind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Books are getting delayed because DC is scrambling all the creators in circles for these villain titles. They're trying to find new 'homes' for everyone because a few books are about to go away and some new ones are coming.
    These books are getting delayed because artists can't keep up, especially Burnham. He's only put out 2 issues in a row without fill ins or delays.
    Desaad: Guess they found out [Mr. Mastermind] was Holmes?

ABH-1979: Really? I don't think so. I actually liked Holmes...

Still excited. The other Bat-books may come out every month but you also couldn't pay me to read that drivel.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Who doesn't wanna read an 11-issue Batman origin story/crossover

I don't mind them delaying the book. In fact, I wish they had delayed it before, so that issues 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 would have been full Burnham. I don't care about the schedule, I care about the comicbook. I don't mind waiting a bit longer, specially when the artist is as good and has a style as personal as Burnham. I surely won't even remember the delays when i'm rereading the whole thing. It would be easier if I liked any of the other DC titles (Besides Batman & Robin and Wonder Woman).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    These books are getting delayed because artists can't keep up, especially Burnham. He's only put out 2 issues in a row without fill ins or delays.
    They've got all the 'named' artists busy doing covers and art for this Forever Evil and Villains month mess, while also having some of them keep working their normal books.

For what it's worth, Burnham confirmed that Batman Inc. #13 is double-sized.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac! View Post
    Have to admit, I've been halfway expecting this, regardless of the early solicit info.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac! View Post
    When and where was that stated? If that's true and issues 12 and 13 are entirely or at least 95% Burnham that'd pretty much make up all the delays, fill-ins and filler to me.

Burnham said so in his Twitter, I think it was a couple of days ago.

Thank god it's just a week. I only get my comics every 5 weeks now anyway (used to be every 4; thanks go to you know who), so it still stays in my pull lot radius. Bit irritating, last issue felt too fillerish (because it was!) so it does feel like an extra wait for the issue anyway.

EDIT: Double-sized? Ooh yum! I shall look forward to that. I do wonder what is in it it though. With the way things have been paced, and the Heretic fight likely over next issue, what exactly will be in the last bumper issue? I'm guessing there's a huge WT?! moment at the end of the next issue and the final issue goes somewhere none expected. Hmm, nothing more about Lazarus since that scene in Britain a few issues back, so I'm guessing the setting for the last issue will have them all fighting over the last Lazarus pit or something. With B&R maybe (I have no idea) set after this issue, it kind of rules out any Morrison "GOTCHA!" moment in regards to Damien, unless even Batman is left clueless too.

Reading B&R I kept getting a weird feeling Damien had faked his death, but how in god's name would that have worked? I guess I have to accept the fact Damien is dead.
    Last edited by Master X; 06-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.