Page 31 of 266 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    I'd be interested to see if the Mighty Avengers go up against Thanos. Imagine Blue Marvel vs Thanos. Whoa.
    I remember reading somewhere something about 'Street' level heroes tackling him.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    I'm ok with Danny not being in the book since who said him and Cage had to be joined at the hip 24/7

If Misty and Collen can operate separately then so can Luke and Danny
    I don't think they should be joined at the hip but by the same token I do think there friendship should be emphasized and frankly I don't think it has been of late. I think opportunities were missed especially during the run in New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Its interesting dat no1 evr calls an all white team d White Avngrs...MA has SpOck, Shulk & sum Hispanic/Latinos, yet all dey c is Blk. Fascinating!!!!!
    because the majority of teams have a large amount of white people so it's redundant to call them "White" Anything
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

I'm ok with Danny not being in the book since who said him and Cage had to be joined at the hip 24/7

I agree completely..
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspider View Post
    Has anyone else picked up and/or looked at this month's Marvel Previews magazine? On page 14, there are two Mighty Avengers #1 Design sketches for Spectrum and two design sketches for a guy who looks like the Blue Marvel (I'm pretty sure that's him, because both sketches have an "M" incorporated into the costumes, and the guy's hair looks black on top and kinda white on the sides).

Out of both Blue Marvel designs, I prefer the first one. It will be interesting to see if either of the two designs will be used in the actual book.

Out of both Spectrum designs, I prefer the second one.

I'll try to see if I can find these images online. If I find them, I'll post them.

Edit:

I'm really feeling the 2nd designs for both..
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Have any variant covers for the first issue been released yet? Or is that just reserved for books Marvel really cares about?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Have any variant covers for the first issue been released yet? Or is that just reserved for books Marvel really cares about?
    A while ago with the announcement, one by Land and one by Hitch and I'm sure by either the end of the month or in august we'll see the Skottie Young variant
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post
    I agree completely..
    I thought Misty and Coleen weren't BFF anymore? Some Shadowland drama or something.

can't believe how hated greg land is....some people won't try this just because he's the artist
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

A while ago with the announcement, one by Land and one by Hitch and I'm sure by either the end of the month or in august we'll see the Skottie Young variant
    Yeah I think the only ones we haven't seen aside from Skottie Young's is the Lego and blank variants (but well that's what you'd expect).
    Bring back the Blue Marvel!

My Adam, the Blue Marvel youtube video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLAvJiuOXWo

I've been an Avengers fan since I put my twelve cents in the Katz & Bestoff drugstore comics rack machine in my native New Orleans long ago and I'm looking forward to this new iteration of the the team. Yes, I'm that young and I still enjoy this hobby we share, reading and discussing the sequential art magazines we call comics.

I was reading the pages in this thread until I got to about page 16 or so and didn't see anyone mention what I immediately thought when I saw the look of Monica Rambeau: Halle Berry. If someone else has mentioned that, well great minds and all that jazz...!

Regardless, I will be purchasing this title and while I'm not familiar with Blue Marvel and the new Power Man at the moment, I'm sure there's a Trade somewhere I can order to bring me up to speed. As far as the art is concerned; I like Greg Lands' work though I'd prefer Howard Chaykin if I had my choice. (Just kidding, slightly, because I'm a Chaykin fan and will usuallly buy most everything he does if I'm aware of it!) I used to say Long Live the Le...well they've been gone for too long and will be again soon, so now it's simply: "Avengers Assemble!"

I follow the stories and as cyclical as my reading habits go, Marvel is currently speaking to me whereas my beloved DC is not. Thanks to Hickman, Fraction, Bendis and the rest, I'm enjoying Marvel almost as I did similarly in the '70's & '80's when the writers were named Thomas, Moench, Wein, Wolfman, Stern, Englehart, Starlin, Claremont, Byrne and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
    I've been an Avengers fan since I put my twelve cents in the Katz & Bestoff drugstore comics rack machine in my native New Orleans long ago and I'm looking forward to this new iteration of the the team. Yes, I'm that young and I still enjoy this hobby we share, reading and discussing the sequential art magazines we call comics.

I was reading the pages in this thread until I got to about page 16 or so and didn't see anyone mention what I immediately thought when I saw the look of Monica Rambeau: Halle Berry. If someone else has mentioned that, well great minds and all that jazz...!

Regardless, I will be purchasing this title and while I'm not familiar with Blue Marvel and the new Power Man at the moment, I'm sure there's a Trade somewhere I can order to bring me up to speed. As far as the art is concerned; I like Greg Lands' work though I'd prefer Howard Chaykin if I had my choice. (Just kidding, slightly, because I'm a Chaykin fan and will usuallly buy most everything he does if I'm aware of it!) I used to say Long Live the Le...well they've been gone for too long and will be again soon, so now it's simply: "Avengers Assemble!"

I follow the stories and as cyclical as my reading habits go, Marvel is currently speaking to me whereas my beloved DC is not. Thanks to Hickman, Fraction, Bendis and the rest, I'm enjoying Marvel almost as I did similarly in the '70's & '80's when the writers were named Thomas, Moench, Wein, Wolfman, Stern, Englehart, Starlin, Claremont, Byrne and the rest.
    Welcome to the thread Cairo. I agree that this is going to be an exciting new series.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Yeah, but it's not just that Lukes not with Danny. Dannys parter and student Power Man is also on this team.

I'm not saying he has to be in it. But it is noticable that he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Yeah...of course Spiderman can tk down a herald of Galactus solo(insinuating dat by extension Spiderman can as well as tk down Silver Surfer) just as DD tuk down Ultron with a wooden stik & hw Kazar tuk down freakin THANOS & hw Cap & Fury tuk down d U-foes unaided while hving a 'lunch brk' conversation.

Certainly with all dat wat shd stop BP/Tchalla frm tking down Galactus solo....oh wait....
    Well, the fact that Galactus is Galactus makes that a bit harder, since the Big G in theory should be able to take down all of the above solo.

Galactus written probably should be a threat to the entire planet. I think it's theoretically possible for anyone to beat anyone else in comics if the writer does a good enough job handling it. But lets' give the Big G his props here... ANY hero trying to solo him is going to be confronting near impossible odds. Galactus is on a threat scale magnitudes above every one you mentioned except Thanos (who overall is probably above even Galactus based on his track record). Ultron, the U Foes, and Firelord are nothing by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, but it's not just that Lukes not with Danny. Dannys parter and student Power Man is also on this team.

I'm not saying he has to be in it. But it is noticable that he's not.
    No it isn't since Power Man is also a martial artist thus making it that if Danny was there one of them isn't needed

We already have people saying it's to "brick" heavy with Cage/B. Marvel/Shulkie is there
    Child Of The Atom Smasher
    Runs with a HOSTILE Crew