Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Events as movies?

Does anyone think the MCU will ever start making moves about Marvel Events?

How would you feel about these events being made into movies?

Siege, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Civil War, etc?

Personally I think these events being turned into movies would be awesome. I'm not too worried about a casual fan only knowing a handful of the heros.

Would these be too complicated for a casual movie goer and only appeal to comic book fans?
    Would all the comic book heros on one screen be too much?
    Would they be too expensive to make? (As in getting each heros current actor to play the hero in the big movie)

I think they're supposed to be doing World War Hulk in the future. (Meh.)

I think that many if not most Marvel comics written today are for casual moviegoers. I've been noticing the Hollywoodization of these books for years now.

I don't think we're going to see all the heroes onscreen for a number of different reasons. Mostly because there's no reason for this to happen. It doesn't even happen in the books.

It could be expensive to do event-themed films, but when films like The Avengers are doing billions of dollars at the box office, then that is a good sign I think.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Civil War was a crapfest, I'd rather see the Illuminati exist in the MCU than that bull--and I despise the Illuminati.

Secret Invasion was a decent one, as hints to it could be included in the films of the phase (or two) before the movie, so that could work. Siege would be very good, although that would risk using Loki as the villain a bit too often (since Osborn can't be used) which could get a bit boring if he's usually the villain.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Yeah...just imagining how many actors they'd have to cast though makes my head spin. @_@ I suppose they could save money by throwing in relative unknowns at the secondary roles...But still, you'd probably get some outcry from longer term fans of those specific second tiers. =S It's not like their casting of first tier characters has always been completely lauded, at that. =(

And then you have to keep them. =(

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

I'd completely avoid the movies based on the events as I ignore most events in comics (and AoU proved why I pass...)

No thanks from this fan.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

I think most of those events might be a little hard for different reason.

Civil War - Nowhere near enough heroes introduced at this point. Maybe in the future but at this point you would basically be splitting the Avengers in half and that would be it.
    Siege/Dark Reign - No Norman is the obvious one. Asgard isn't in Broxton at the minute. No Thunderbolts in the MCU or even any Dark Avengers introduced yet.
    Secret Invasion - The most plausible one from that list at this point. I still think the MCU would need filling out a little more beforehand though. Plus, Marvel have already used the Chitauri who are kinda similar.

There have been plenty of talk about a World War Hulk film and we know Marvel want another film at some point. I'm pretty sure Feige shot that down though because he thinks the audience want more Ruffalo, not less.

The ones I would really like to see though are Annihilation and Conquest. They would be awesome a few movies down the line.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

If you want to start marvel events , start with secret wars. Think animation & TV rights are all marvel so spidey , x-men & fantastic four are theirs to use , so a straight to dvd animation like secret wars would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Does anyone think the MCU will ever start making moves about Marvel Events?

How would you feel about these events being made into movies?

Siege, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Civil War, etc?

Personally I think these events being turned into movies would be awesome. I'm not too worried about a casual fan only knowing a handful of the heros.

Would these be too complicated for a casual movie goer and only appeal to comic book fans?
    Would all the comic book heros on one screen be too much?
    Would they be too expensive to make? (As in getting each heros current actor to play the hero in the big movie)
    I think these "events" were awful as comics, so I see no need for them to be made into movies.

Sandy Hausler

I think they'd be too complicated to make. And they'd either be really long or broken into multiple parts and I don't see them wanting to do that. If they stopped being silly they could easily take over the animated feature market. All these events and other cool stories would easily translate into DVD releases. Which is something I've wanted them to do for years. DC has a lot of good ones. Marvel can do it too, but they clearly haven't wanted to.

The problem with the events is it takes too much build up to get there, and the ones that don't rely on too much history.

Take Civil War. The MCU is currently too small to make something like that viable. Not enough heroes.

Secret Invasion is kind of the same but it could be fun to let the actors play outright villains at points. Unfortunately, there's a lot you have to establish and build up to make it a worthwhile adaptation. We already saw infighting in the first Avengers. We need a little more meat than that.

Siege could work, but that would require Asgard being in the Earth dimension. Why would it be there?

Dark Reign doesn't make much sense until they build up more villains and heroes. Again the MCU is just too small.

WWH is pointless without Planet Hulk. Besides, the Avengers would have no reason to send Hulk off into space.

HOM - no mutants.

Fear Itself could work very easily except for instead of heroes and villains being corrupted it would just be villains or some random blokes. Alas, I'm not sure that's a story worth adapting.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Because of the contracts and such, I don't think the events could be made into movies. I think the closest we would see is maybe an animated DVD version. The other problem (that has been brought up) is how long some of these events would need to be in movie form.

I would like to see a Civil War movie, but obviously we are a long way from that being feasible.

Since they already have Phase 2 mapped out, they could use Avengers 3 (for example) as the first film of the new phase, and have the events in that film be the catalyst for the SHRA (or the MCU equivalent, there will be creative liberties of course). Then have the solo films all deal with the complications that arise out of that, and Avengers 4 bring the team back together. Gawddd Damn it could be epic.
    I need a smaller pull list :(

Lurkish Member Captain Jibberish's Avatar
    Near Lake Superior. But not in it. It's cold in there.

I'd rather see the Infinity Gauntlet, The Kree-Skrull War, Secret Wars, Kang War or even Secret Wars II before all those Bendis-events.

The MCU is in it's early days, wait for it to grow naturally before having any events. It will take some years and the return of some properties, like Fantastic Four, before it can happen. It is possible to have a movie with a big cast, but it would have to be a long movie(at least 3 hours) as well as a two part film for it to be done any justice. The script would have to be flawless, but if done right it can be the best Super Hero movie ever made.

*Witty User Title Here* linkspirit97's Avatar

The Siege of Asgard itself would be an epic finale to a film. There would have to be a lot of build up to it though, a phase of Dark Reign movies?

If they could find a way to bring back Obadiah Stane to life, he could fill Osborn's role as the public believed he died on a yacht.