Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Are you looking forward to DC Comics' Villains Month?

Are you looking forward to DC Comics' Villains Month?

Now that it's official and DC Comics has begun to release details about its Villains Month even in September, CBR wonders, are you looking forward to the first line-wide crossover of the New 52?

Vote on the poll here.

BANNED

I was but then they started putting the godforsaken 3.99$ price tag and my anticipation dropped to hell.

I suppose the "Not at all - I'll await our heroes' return" option works but it should be a bit more specific.

Yes and no.

I'm excited to read what some of the stories are, since I like some of these villains and writers.

I'm not too happy with paying 4 bucks for each issue though. I would honestly be a bit better with this idea if I got more content, like more pages, but it doesn't seem like I will.

So I am, but I'm not since it means I'm going to find a way to work my budget to afford some of the comics I'm seeing that I'll be interested in getting.

Arboria in the Summer Tombstone in the Winter

nope,sorry not feeling it but I am looking forward to Multiversity.
    The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.
    Bring Back MI:13 & Marvel UK permanently

I'll buy the books. I'm not really looking forward to them because honestly I haven't looked forward to anything DC does since before Flashpoint. I feel like this is a grab for more money than anything. I'm getting tired of having to pay more for less.

I am excited about the story for the event and the covers look amazing. I did put aside my concerns with price as well as the fact that so far it looks like I might be avoiding certain issues because the villains/story/creative teams don't appeal to me, but there may be others yet to be revealed that will a surprise and I end up buying, sort of like Flashpoint.

This could be the first month in over 50 years that I don't buy a single issue of DC comics. With the advent of the New52, the company keeps giving me reasons not to purchase their books

Looking forward to The Rogues mini.

Metal Woman

I'll say yes and no also. All of these titles sound like it could make for a fun event and can world build the new 52 even more. No because weekly 3.99 comics are a terrible idea, I really feel like DC is expecting this to get a lot of sales and I honestly feel like it will be the complete opposite for them.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Um, I don't know?

Maybe I'll wait 'till I hear something about which villains are going to featured from books I actually read? Or like, if there are any to begin with?

I might pick up some of the Bat-villains issues (he does have the best villains) but maybe not. Really depends on if they seem good, and what else is coming out that month. I doubt I'll go for any of the minis, although I did enjoy Salvation Run and this is kind of in the same vein.

BANNED

Atm, I am in the middle ground... but it's not looking good with the flood of Batman villains washing over us. Oh yeah and Anton Arcane is returning to Swamp Thing for this... like we didn't get enough of him during Rotworld...

Yep looking forward to my first big event since I started reading comics.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Idk ... for me, this makes sense for books that are introducing new Villains like The First Born on Wonder Woman, Relic on Green Lantern and the like.

Oh and what the hell is going to happen with the Batman books? are they becoming weeklies for September? On newsarama each title has covers numbered 23.1 thru 23.4 - now thats too much! :S
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Sure, whatever, but I'm just about as excited as I am shameful that I'm taking part in this absurd venture. (I'm a Batman fan)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Sure, whatever, but I'm just about as excited as I am shameful that I'm taking part in this absurd venture. (I'm a Batman fan)
    Sucks to be you.

No seriously, I feel sorry for you, this is going to leave you broke.