Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Too many to name.

They have a ton of really good books right now, I suggest Great Pacific, Saga, The Walking Dead, The Nowhere Men, Peter Panzurfaust, Sex, Jupiter legacy and a bunch more. BUT The ones I think are above the rest right now are Manhattan Projects and Prophet, those books have some of the best Sci Fi in comics ever. We talked a bunch about Prophet and some other Image Books in the last episode of A Comic Book Look.

TomStewDevine - I say yes to Comics.

A Comic Book Look: Our Weekly TV Show on Comics

Quote Originally Posted by tomstewdevine View Post
    They have a ton of really good books right now, I suggest Great Pacific, Saga, The Walking Dead, The Nowhere Men, Peter Panzurfaust, Sex, Jupiter legacy and a bunch more. BUT The ones I think are above the rest right now are Manhattan Projects and Prophet, those books have some of the best Sci Fi in comics ever. We talked a bunch about Prophet and some other Image Books in the last episode of A Comic Book Look.

The Manhattan Projects is my favorite Hickman series.

Saga, and east of west. In my opinion, the best comics that are being made right now.

Saga
    East of west
    Morning glories
    Jupiter's legacy
    Nowhere men
    Invincible
    Savage Dragon

Dweeks

All these suggestions are great, but nobody mentioned Astound Wolf-Man. It ended with only four volumes, but I really enjoyed this series. Maybe I'm one of the few, but I thought it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
    Saga, and east of west. In my opinion, the best comics that are being made right now.
    Quite possibly.
    Too broke for a pull list.

Saga- Probably the best Image comic out right now.This seems to be the one showing up on evrybody's Image lists. Great,great story and Fiona Staples art is frickin' amazing.
    Zero- Issue #2 comes out tomorrow so you can jump on right at the beginning. First issue was great!
    East of West- Just awesome!
    Sheltered- Is only on issue 4(which also comes out tomorrow)and I love it so far. Very different from tho other stuff I read. No one has powers or anything its just a great story.
    Chin Music- Pretty good and doesnt come out every month so you wont break the bank on it. Its a prohibition era story with supernatural elements.

Also be on the look out for Southern Bastards by Jason Aaron and Black Science by Rick Remender. They're both coming out in November and both should be excellent!

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Jupiters Legacy. Its only on issue 3 and is another fantastic comic from Image!

Not sure about the best, but in my personal top five, along with Mind Mgmt, Manhattan Projects and Prophet.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

Of course this doesnt include the equally good Manhattan Projects, the book which is THE most fun to explain to non-comic friends.

Also digging Walking Dead and Revival, while wanting to try Elephantmen and Savage Dragon(amondst many others).
    kalorama :Take your reason and logic and begone! We don't cotton to your like 'round here!

Saga,Lazarus,anf Fatale do it for me consistently.I also pick up Jupiter's Legacy and Bedlam.

I definitely vouch for Saga and Lazarus. Those 2 books are fabulous.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Saga
    Savage Dragon
    Rat Queens

also,
    Morning Glories
    Walking Dead
    Chew
    SUPER CRAZY ANIMAL HAND! is coming... now with MIKE ALLRED cover!

follow me on twitter @janthonyh

Wanderer of Kildre Hill eDKeener's Avatar

I'm reading:

Saga
    East of West
    Mice Templar
    Chew
    Rat Queens
    The Walking Dead
    Skullkickers
    The Activity

All very good for different reasons.
    Last edited by eDKeener; 10-22-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Prophet is great, packs so much into each issue. Glory was also really good (12 is due run now over). Manhattan Projects is hilarious. I liked the first issue of Three also.

Also forgot Saga, a fun read, maybe a bit overrated but definitely worth getting.