Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Shelf Life - May 30, 2013

Looking back at the earliest days of his career, Ron revisits his time on "Silver Surfer" and laments the troubled history of "Dangerous Artifacts," a little-seen Surfer project with Claudio Castellini.

Full article here.

I just found a copy of this recently after having looked for it since its release, when I learned a lesson in letting your lcs know about comics you want to order. The artist was a bit of a myth almost during that time, having his art appear randomly in pin ups and the like so it was exciting to know he was going to be doing a full comic. I enjoyed the art immensely, though I can see what Ron is talking about with the failed process after the art was turned in. It would have been a sweet prestige format book. The story was solid, too.

I also found a couple copies of it in the last couple years. It's a pretty epic story for being a 48 page one shot. Kree, Skrulls, Thanos, Galactus. Not to mention White Raven. Has WR been seen since? Great stuff.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

I remember Claudio Castellini' Conan was just amazing. He was the perfect artist for that book. Starlin and Marz' work on the Surfer brought me back to comics after a long departure. It was a great way to come back.

I really have fond memories of Ron´s run on Silver Surfer and Claudio Castellini´s art in the nineties. I would buy a new Silver Surfer series from that team (or with Ron Lim on art) in an instant. While I have the original Dangerous Artefacts (somewhere...), maybe I will try to hunt down the German edition at the next local Convention here in Cologne. By the way... when will we get new Shinku?