Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Earth 2 Annual, #1

As one of his last acts of world-building, James Robinson introduces a new Batman for this world in "Earth 2 Annual" #1, drawn by Cafu and Julius Gopez.

Full review here.

dropped this series, but kind of curious to who the earth 2 batman is?? if someone can spoil please.

i dropped this too, and sure enough, Mr Miracle and Big Barda appear straight away. i love those characters.

oh well, just have to wait until they make their way to Earth proper.

Quote Originally Posted by dotWILSON View Post
    dropped this series, but kind of curious to who the earth 2 batman is?? if someone can spoil please.
    Not a clue...they don't say in the book...in fact he only appears on 7 pages of the whole book...kind of false advertising. I guess for me the bigger mystery is who is picking up the ball on writing the book with issue 17.

Quote Originally Posted by dotWILSON View Post
    after all that hype, they decided to not reveal who earth 2 batman is. he is definitely darker than earth prime batman, as the e2 version shoots the Mr freeze analog with a gun. also, the e2 batman is much less bulky in the comic than he is on the cover. we also find out that Gotham is now the equivalent of the savage lands, complete with giant dinosaurs. Also miracle man and big barda are searching for batman.

Are there really dinosaurs? Geez, lol!

I'm really digging this series. Yeah, for being on the cover there was surprisingly little actual Batman in the book, but I do enjoy the other characters.

Learning more bits and pieces about the invasion and the remaining Apokolips Gods still hanging around Earth, along with the firepits and all that is pretty interesting to me.

I can't wait to see more from Fury, too. I guess I'm just a sucker for those old Earth 2 characters, so this book hits home for me.

I like this book a lot. I have to possible Batmen. Dodd or Ted Grant. I am probably wrong on both counts but they are my guesses.

very nervous on who the book will look after Robinson's departure...
    will the new writer cointinue the awesome plots or will they just be dropped for a different direction and it will feel like such a waste of time???
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Are there really dinosaurs? Geez, lol!
    Hahaha yeah that was weird. I'm kind of cool with it though, could be a lot of fun later on. Just real weird.

I'm really going to miss this book. Nice having Cafu on this issue, by the way. I always love his work.

I thought this book was fun if a little confusing and I still don't know who I really care about yet! One things for sure, Gotham is just not a fun place to live in EVER

I thought there was some great action, but the batman cover did feel misleading. But we get pretty good roundup of the characters. Now I haven't read earth 2 before, but the alternative world stuff always makes things a little fun.