Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Aquaman, #20

John Ostrander and Manuel Garcia step in to fill the gap in "Aquaman" #20, and their work with the Others group of characters does things in a way that makes you feel for a split second like this is the regular creative team.

Full review here.

Their introduction in "Aquaman" had shrunken their membership, and Ostrander uses that as a chance to introduce Sky Alchesay, the daughter of deceased-member Kahina
    I thought Sky's mother was murdered by her uncle because they shared that weird connection to the dead world.

BANNED

Their introduction in "Aquaman" had shrunken their membership, and Ostrander uses that as a chance to introduce Sky Alchesay, the daughter of deceased-member Kahina
    Oh Goddammit! See CBR reviewers? This is why you blow!

If you were actually reading the books you are reviewing you would get your facts right!

I thought this issue was crap. Maybe I'm biased because I think The Others was a crap arc and the characters are totally uninteresting, but this issue was a total bore not worth 3 bucks.

Well, the others continue to intrigue me- I'm still wondering why they stay together and what their overall purpose is. Y'wara is still a mystery to me, in terms of powers, and her connection to her Jaguars- or does she have that with all animals? Prisoner of war is starting to interest me- not sure how his power works either, but maybe he can summon up some of DC's old war characters sometime. Still Miss Vostok, and the new member, Skye, seems awfully self confident about her abilities. I think her look needs to be updated a bit, though.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I quite liked this "done in one"...it could have benefited by having two more pages of story as certain transition scenes were a bit awkward...but I enjoyed it especially the new character Sky...and for anyone who missed it (spoiler) Ya 'Wara is gay.

Instead of giving us another Superman, Green Lantern or Batman comic...how about you guys at DC put together a kick-arse creative team and give us a The Others ongoing? Illustrated by Ken Lashley...I would definitely buy it.

(I am fully aware though, that the way things seem to be going at head office...you may not have any really good writers and artists to spare...pity.)
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

First of all I have no interest in the Others and was glad to see that storyline end in the first place. Second HOW THE $&?! DC gets away with putting John's name on the cover instead of Ostrander's is beyond me. That really irked the hell out of me.
    Action Comics, Batman/Superman, Superior Spidey, Hawkeye, IHulk, Nova, Batman, Batman Eternal, 'Tec, JL, JLA, Aquaman, Flash, Walking Dead, Saga, Revival