View Poll Results: Asian Persuasion

Voters
11. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Pro-Psylocke viva la yellowface!

2 18.18%
  • Pro-Cuckoo viva la fabulousness!

3 27.27%
  • Nein on either. British to Azn blows no matter who it is

1 9.09%
  • Chase_Stein is the only winner in this

5 45.45%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by edge007 View Post
    As an Asian-American, I have to say I absolutely love ninjas and Psylocke only ever really began to interest me after she became a ninja. That said, I love spies, too, and if they would've turned her into some sort of telepathic spy in the vein of Sam Mendes' Skyfall I probably would've liked that just as much.
    She was a spy. She was one of the psi-ops for S.T.R.I.K.E. as well as being a super model.

Was it ever explained why they decided to make her Asian to begin with?
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    She was a spy. She was one of the psi-ops for S.T.R.I.K.E. as well as being a super model.

Well I think CC wanted to make her a warrior. That was one thing pre ninja Psylocke used to want. To be able to physically defend herself. So CC had her become a ninja. But the body swap thing wasn't really supposed to happen. I also think it was done to distinguish her from Jean since they were both around during the Blue & Gold era.

It did wonders in distinguishing her from Jean. Sooo many people still think Rachel is Jean lol. People who don't pay attention obviously, but still.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

She's the best part of ClanDestine, which was amazing in & of itself.
    I will never get over how good ClanDestine was! Yet another one of Xavier's fuckups turned into legend. I wish Marvel would bring that line into the NOW! or that the X-franchise could fold that mythos into it. the characters and concept really do work.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Well I think CC wanted to make her a warrior. That was one thing pre ninja Psylocke used to want. To be able to physically defend herself. So CC had her become a ninja. But the body swap thing wasn't really supposed to happen. I also think it was done to distinguish her from Jean since they were both around during the Blue & Gold era.
    <.<

I don't even mind Betsy when written well, I just don't see anything wrong with the way she was written before the body swap. So what if she wasn't as limber as she became after the body swap, she was still pretty bad ass as the Brit who mind raped people at a moments notice.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Oh, that's right. I totally forgot about that. Well that was a pretty forgettable moment in the character's history, wasn't it?

When she was first made a ninja, they originally didn't change her race. When Wolvie first encountered her as a ninja, he straight up recognized her as British Betsy. Somewhere along the way, though, they actually started saying she was now physically an Asian woman and this was the work of The Hand. I'm thinking it was either right before or right after X-Men #1 by Claremont and Lee.

Oh, that's right. I totally forgot about that. Well that was a pretty forgettable moment in the character's history, wasn't it?
    Not really. She mind-fried her faux Nazi brother who was trying to rape her and lead a group of Warpies after the Mad Jim Jaspers fucked up the universe.

When she was first made a ninja, they originally didn't change her race. When Wolvie first encountered her as a ninja, he straight up recognized her as British Betsy. Somewhere along the way, though, they actually started saying she was now physically an Asian woman and this was the work of The Hand. I'm thinking it was either right before or right after X-Men #1 by Claremont and Lee.
    Just before. I remember Uncanny #273 while in the shower with Jean, they discuss her being obv. azn and no longer British.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

What are Kay Cera's powers?

Being part Asian, it's always appreciated when suburban whiteboys help me to avoid internalized bigotry.
    Thanks, Tally :)
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Well I think CC wanted to make her a warrior. That was one thing pre ninja Psylocke used to want. To be able to physically defend herself. So CC had her become a ninja.
    And I think this is why I approved of the transformation so much. I mean, unless you're stuck in a wheelchair like Prof X or posses telekinetic abilities to boot like Jean, how exciting is it to just watch someone think at people?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Being part Asian, it's always appreciated when suburban whiteboys help me to avoid internalized bigotry.
    Ha!

10 characters

Not really. She mind-fried her faux Nazi brother who was trying to rape her and lead a group of Warpies after the Mad Jim Jaspers fucked up the universe.
    Yep, don't remember any of that, hence the forgettable comment.

And I think this is why I approved of the transformation so much. I mean, unless you're stuck in a wheelchair like Prof X or posses telekinetic abilities to boot like Jean, how exciting is it to just watch someone think at people?
    More than half of this board's favorite character is Kitty Pryde, who is a school principal who just walks through things and bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    What are Kay Cera's powers?
    She has vast psi-powers, and can swap out her consciousness into other bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    No need to be an ass. This is meant to be a fun trolly thread.

Top Ten Magic Bitches

I prefer Kay Cera's reason for body swapping, but I don't really have a stray thought available for the character.