Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,866

    Default PREVIEW: Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual, #1

    Arsenal finally confronts Green Arrow, but it may be a short-lived reunion as someone from their past has targeted them both. Find out what the feud between Arsenal and Green Arrow is about, along with secrets from Roy Harper's history.


    Full article here.

  2. #2

    Default

    Well the art is pretty nice, I certainly wouldn't mind if Barrionuevo becomes the new artist. Now I understand that's only three pages and Tynion is setting this arc but I'm hating what his doing with Jason, first he wipes his memory to be able to continue living and he's happy for that decision and now he can't live unless he KNOWS his past. What the hell? Why doing the memory wipe in the first place then?

  3. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Seems like they're scrambling to find him a story direction after they stopped Lobdell from burning his face off in Death of the Family.

    Really tired of this alien spacecraft junk that Starfire brings. Get her out of his book already and into Teen Titans.

  4. #4
    ... with the High Command Lemurion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wentworth Hall, Tellus
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Yeah, I'd be fine with Barrionuevo going forward. He's no Rocafort, but no one is (and at least he's not Gopez who I just don't like at all).

    As for the current storyline, I like Tynion, but this story simply isn't the kind of thing I want to read about. I hate the tear the character down, build them back up stories that are so common in comics lately.
    Anyone who thinks DC is bringing back the Silver Age doesn't know what the Silver Age is.

    There is no such word as "persay," it's per se, two words, from the Latin.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm pretty stoked for this actually, and the art is an improvement from the last few issues for sure.

    I'm as excited for this because Tynion will actually give us some character history. Something n52 seems chronically terrified of.

  6. #6

    Default

    double post. Apologies.

  7. #7
    King of Atlantis Doctor Voodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well the art is pretty nice, I certainly wouldn't mind if Barrionuevo becomes the new artist. Now I understand that's only three pages and Tynion is setting this arc but I'm hating what his doing with Jason, first he wipes his memory to be able to continue living and he's happy for that decision and now he can't live unless he KNOWS his past. What the hell? Why doing the memory wipe in the first place then?
    You do know the memory wipe was by Lobdell not Tynion right? He's actually doing a good job at making Red Hood a more complex character while giving the Outlaws a mission to work together(fix Jason's memory).
    Last.FM || Favorite Hero: Aquaman || Favorite Neutral: Red Hood || Favorite Villain: Black Manta

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Voodoo View Post
    You do know the memory wipe was by Lobdell not Tynion right? He's actually doing a good job at making Red Hood a more complex character while giving the Outlaws a mission to work together(fix Jason's memory).
    Uh, no?

    Lobdell's last issue was that where he finally was welcomed back by Bruce on the wake of Joker's chemical attack (issue 18). Tynion's first issue ended with the reveal of S'aru wipíng Jason's memories.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    While I haven't enjoyed these first few issues of this current run as much as I did the Lobdell/Rocafort (sp?) issues, I like the characters and am curious enough about the direction of the book to stick with it for awhile. I have to say, though, if they drop either Roy or Starfire, I'm out. The three of them compliment each other absolutely perfectly.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well the art is pretty nice, I certainly wouldn't mind if Barrionuevo becomes the new artist. Now I understand that's only three pages and Tynion is setting this arc but I'm hating what his doing with Jason, first he wipes his memory to be able to continue living and he's happy for that decision and now he can't live unless he KNOWS his past. What the hell? Why doing the memory wipe in the first place then?
    Exactly, I don't get it at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I'm as excited for this because Tynion will actually give us some character history. Something n52 seems chronically terrified of.
    Yeah, he's done that by making crap like Lost Days canon again.

    I'd rather just have a good story about the now as opposed to a story that exists because it's trying to shoehorn pointless stuff into the past.

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Jason doesn't need to be a 'complex' character, he needs to be the failed Robin that haunts Batman and kills criminals for fun.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Exactly, I don't get it at all.

    Yeah, he's done that by making crap like Lost Days canon again.

    I'd rather just have a good story about the now as opposed to a story that exists because it's trying to shoehorn pointless stuff into the past.
    Funny thing, nobody complains about how's Marvel heading his stories when in essence is the same idea: tell new stories building on a few things from the past but without entering into specifics. And seriously, why demand to see what happened with Kory and Dick when we could see interact now after growing like persons and more experienced? Wouldn't that be even more awesome?

    Granted, I would liked to see Lobdell's version of Under The Red Hood but is better to see new things that keep living in the memory lane.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Jason doesn't need to be a 'complex' character, he needs to be the failed Robin that haunts Batman and kills criminals for fun.
    So, bring back crazy Jason from BOTC? If that's the case they better bring back Flamingo or a random psycho.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 05-27-2013 at 11:04 AM.

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    So hyped to see Barrioneuvo on this title, the art has been generally pony since Rocafort jumped. Hope he stays on after the annual.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    So, bring back crazy Jason from BOTC? If that's the case they better bring back Flamingo or a random psycho.
    No thank you. I absolutely despised Jason until RH&TO.

  15. #15
    Senior Member godisawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I'm pretty stoked for this actually, and the art is an improvement from the last few issues for sure.

    I'm as excited for this because Tynion will actually give us some character history. Something n52 seems chronically terrified of.
    I'm with you. I haven't really had a reason to read this series aside from some of the more Jason-centric storylines, but I was intrigued by Roy as the main moving force behind his own DC special. So I think the point of this storyline is going to be giving the other Outlaws a chance to dominate most of the book while also letting us see a perhaps more somber and less Joker-involved update on Jason's dossier.

    I'm not that big a fan of the All-Caste, so I don't mind exploring the part of Jason's past that's not Jedi. And I really like how Tynion gave the Red Hood a confirmed kill-count of 83. It makes his gung-ho and more pragmatic style of "crime-fighting" suddenly a bit more ambivalent. Can an amnesiac like Jason find justification for 83 seperate deaths? And if he can and he decides that there is more value in his past than pain, it adds some serious dramatic weight to him getting back in the game. It would force him to make his attitudes and decision a clear sign of responsibility and maturity on his part.

    And I'm a would-be social studies teacher, so I think there's a huge amount of context and importance in the past. Actions in the past have repercussions. We're going to see an arguably more objective look at the harvest of the seeds of Jason's actions. That's a great story idea as far as I'm concerned.
    “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."

    -C.S. Lewis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •