Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "The Flash's Powers Come From an Imp?" & More Great Comic Retcons

CSBG's 100th installment of notable comic book retcons features the time The Flash learned his powers didn't come from a chemical explosion, but an imp named Mopee from another dimension!

Full article here.

But of course, all writers should keep every single thing previously established as canon.

Also, note that Gardner Fox, one of the creators of Barry Allen, wrote this story. Thus proving sometimes the original creators don't get it all right.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Fox created a Flash, but he didn't create Barry Allen.

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Fox created a Flash, but he didn't create Barry Allen.

-Brian
    Ah, my mistake, I thought Fox wrote that first story, but it was John Broome.

But for the record, it's Julius Schwartz was editing in both cases, and he probably did a lot of the heavy lifting at the time. So the original point stands - he introduced something to the mythos that needed was not a good thing and later creators did a good thing by changing it.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.