Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger of Apocalypse View Post
    Indeed, one can keep the good old Booster and Kord friendship even if the latter is not Blue Beetle. The two can still hangout and Kord can use his gadgets and company to help around. With Threshold ending though I wouldn't mind some of Jamies stuff being in a Booster Gold series. I believe Booster knows everything about the Reach since he attacked Jamie in the Blue Beetle book. Might be interesting to see some aspect of the whole Reach invasion play out in Booster Gold even. Plus, it allows Ted to get involved with Jamie and perhaps study the Scarab a bit and allow some homages to be shout out to his pre-New 52 time as Blue Beetle.
    Oh, now you jinxed it. DC thinks anything pre-New 52 has cooties and will stick it in quarantine faster than a certain robot can say "sir".
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Believe it when see it.
    Yeah. Closest we'll get would be something like Booster Gold and R.I.P.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

I would say this is great and here we have a chance to explore the new continuity from this nes 52-verse, something we know little about. I would say than the right creative team would make wonders with a great character but there are higly chances than the first creative team will be replace in n3. That's a DC rule right now.
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.

Unless it fixes the time line properly.....I don't care.
    Cyclops ad portas

Bring back Ted Kord and a few of the JLI boys and we'll talk

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Point. I distinctly recall being excited about the return of Barry Allen...only to see what they did to his history. Cheering on hearing that Vic Sage's Question was back....until I learned he was nigh unrecognizable as well as no longer fun. Phantom Stranger...Ditto.

If they bring Booster back as some sort of gun-bristling The Terminator, I'm going to puke...while not being terribly surprised.

BANNED

Agreed. I can't wait to see the original universe back. Superman with a circus suit, Batman with a gun and all back to 1939. Do it, DC!

One of Archard's Agents Amacent's Avatar

I really do hope BleedingCool isn't just pulling my leg here. A Booster Gold series is exactly what I have been waiting (and praying) for ever since they canceled volume 2 and formed this new universe.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    I really do hope BleedingCool isn't just pulling my leg here. A Booster Gold series is exactly what I have been waiting (and praying) for ever since they canceled volume 2 and formed this new universe.
    There are already enough rumours from different sources to make this title practically confirmed (Same for Shazam).

Exciting stuff - JLI was a misfire, but the Booster Gold in All Star Western at the moment is close to perfect - silly, good hearted and determined. With the hints in the last JLI annual, I quite like the idea of a pre-Flashpoint Booster defending a history he doesn't even remember!

Also, as others have said, be nice if Jaime Reyes found a home here - they actually had a pretty good set-up for a dynamic in the Blue Beetle title, and it would be good to see a followup to the hints of the Future History for the Reach there. DC are pushing "back-up"s at the moment, wouldn't be surprised to see Blue Beetle as a second feature again.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Exciting stuff - JLI was a misfire, but the Booster Gold in All Star Western at the moment is close to perfect - silly, good hearted and determined. With the hints in the last JLI annual, I quite like the idea of a pre-Flashpoint Booster defending a history he doesn't even remember!
    I must say that despite all the flaws that Jurgens' JLI might have had, I thought that the characterization of Booster and the rest of the team was pitch-perfect there.

On the other hand, I find the Booster that is currently appearing on All Star Western a little too naive and goody-goody, more like a superhero parody than the real Michael Carter. I hope they don't use this kind of portrayal on the new series.

DC seems to be pretty keen on sticking with the New 52 universe and not looking back. I know a lot of people still don't like this new universe but it should be realized that it is sticking around for the foreseeable future. Maybe one day they will decide to reset everything and change it back, but I doubt they have been spending all of this time bui;ding up this new world, creating new characters and versions of them to just go back to pre-52 anytime soon. If it happens, it will be years down the line. As for the New 52, all naysayers just have to accept that it's not going anywhere.

Now, in regards to Booster Gold, I don't care if it's not a time travel series like the previous one. As long as it's got a good premise and a good creative team on it I'm sold. As of now though, I'm basically sold. But we'll see what happenes when they announce the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I must say that despite all the flaws that Jurgens' JLI might have had, I thought that the characterization of Booster and the rest of the team was pitch-perfect there.

On the other hand, I find the Booster that is currently appearing on All Star Western a little too naive and goody-goody, more like a superhero parody than the real Michael Carter. I hope they don't use this kind of portrayal on the new series.
    Really? It didn't leave much of an impression on me, but I remember finding the JLI Booster disapointingly square-jawed Standard Hero. But then, I often get that from Jurgens' writing - I first read Booster during the One Year Later Johns run. I suppose I think of Booster as a slight charicature anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

Isn't that because he's lost his memory? Anyways All-Star Western has been easily my favourite DC book

I would LOVE a new Booster Gold series, and I would buy all 24 issues before it was canceled. Plus annuals.