View Poll Results: RATE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1-10

Voters
118. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A---Just about perfect!

32 27.12%
  • B---Very Good!

45 38.14%
  • C---Eh, just average

16 13.56%
  • D---Disappointing

5 4.24%
  • F---Worthless

8 6.78%
  • N/A----Did Not Read

12 10.17%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Its better then this type of story probably has any right to be given its premise. Credit to Slott, he appears to be letting his own darker creative juices go in a way the back quarter of Amazing Spider-Man didn't appear to do.
    I agree that Slott seems to be having fun, and that really shows in the writing. I've been at a B- for most of the run, largely because ghost peter was too ham-handed: flashes of pete's memories i would have liked, or maybe otto being unable to control whats he's saying/doing in some moments because of residual parker would have also been good. But doing that via a ghost type thing was too on the nose for me.

Issue 9 really bugged me, not so much because pete lost that fight, but because of the way he lost it. Seemed too much like character assassination to me. I dont think anybody came out saying "otto is the better man", but i do think folks could walk out thinking less of pete.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    I agree that Slott seems to be having fun, and that really shows in the writing. I've been at a B- for most of the run, largely because ghost peter was too ham-handed: flashes of pete's memories i would have liked, or maybe otto being unable to control whats he's saying/doing in some moments because of residual parker would have also been good. But doing that via a ghost type thing was too on the nose for me.

Issue 9 really bugged me, not so much because pete lost that fight, but because of the way he lost it. Seemed too much like character assassination to me. I dont think anybody came out saying "otto is the better man", but i do think folks could walk out thinking less of pete.
    Well think of it this way, Peter's will is so strong that even his memories alone can manifest themselves as him. Only thing that upset me about that was it kinda felt anticlimactic to the point of it having been kinda pointless, especially with hints of things coming of it like him starting to regain some semblance of control.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well think of it this way, Peter's will is so strong that even his memories alone can manifest themselves as him. Only thing that upset me about that was it kinda felt anticlimactic to the point of it having been kinda pointless, especially with hints of things coming of it like him starting to regain some semblance of control.
    I'm just hoping the mind-switch thing doesnt continue with pete being the goblin king, as some folks are suggesting.

Is the golden octobot still unresolved? I'm trading with a buddy and i feel like its been dangling for so long that i must have missed it in an issue i breezed through? If not, maybe there is still a peter around.

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    I'm just hoping the mind-switch thing doesnt continue with pete being the goblin king, as some folks are suggesting.

Is the golden octobot still unresolved? I'm trading with a buddy and i feel like its been dangling for so long that i must have missed it in an issue i breezed through? If not, maybe there is still a peter around.
    Yea, back in issue 9 Ock had the golden octobot open on an examination table claiming that there was a copy of Peter's memories in it as well and seeing that Peter's memories can take on their own consciousness, he told the Living Brain to delete them from the octobot as well.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I liked it because it makes his loss a little more powerful. All he needed was time to regain control, and then the surgery threw a monkey wrench in all of it. So he either lets the little girl die and remains undetected so he can continue to regain control from the inside, or Otto discovers him before he's ready to show his hand. It was a rough choice to have to make.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

As someone who had no deep interest in Spider Man before, Slott has gained my attention. I love what he's doing and the way he set things up so far in advance. Of course I don't believe for a moment this is permanent, but it's a fun ride so far.
    http://theill.thecomicseries.com/ Read my FREE webcomic!

I quit Marvel Comics after Civil War, and didn't look back....until now. I've always loved Spidey, so after seeing the Amazing Spider-Man I decided to jump back into Marvel and Spider-Man. I am currently catching up on the last six years of Amazing Spider-Man, but I did start reading Superior Spider-Man from the beginning. It's been pretty interesting thus far, and I am enjoying some aspects of the book. I will admit that I am hoping for the return of Peter Parker, but this can play out for awhile. It gives me time to finish catching up to the point I am now. I will give Superior Spider-Man a B.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I liked it because it makes his loss a little more powerful. All he needed was time to regain control, and then the surgery threw a monkey wrench in all of it. So he either lets the little girl die and remains undetected so he can continue to regain control from the inside, or Otto discovers him before he's ready to show his hand. It was a rough choice to have to make.
    But that's the bit about that scene; Peter was screwed whether he did anything or not. That scene happened after the Avengers ran the tests so Ock knew there was some anomaly that only his device could find the cause of and even if Peter hadn't tried to interfere, the end result would have been Ock getting the device. Character study aside, that entire scene literally only served to give Ock something that he could use 1 issue later to win considering that was what gave him his only edge.

Smile

I would give it a B. But, first can't really rate it yet because the whole enchilada (story line) is not yet finished. And I gave it a B because this is the first time in a long time that I have been intrigue in a Spider-man comics again.
    Superior is Dan's masterpiece, when he is done with Spidey, we all gonna remember him for this. Without a doubt his name will be among the definitives.
    My only burning question now is, when is he going to do a crossover? what I mean is and as for me...
    The very best Spider-man artists managed to this and thus qualify to be in the upper echelon among the definitives.
    Example:
    J.m Dematteis and Mark Bagley they did Disordered mind ( Spider-man/ Batman crossover)
    Peter David and Rick leonardi they did Spider-man meets Spider-man 2099
    And Just recently Brian Bendis and Sarah Pichelli for Spider-Men

All them in the peak of their craft when they did this...

Now, all the stars have lined up already and Dan Slott is now in the position to do so.
    So I humbly ask again, When, Where, What and How?

A+ so far, I look forward to this title first every month and I am enjoying the hell out of it. Its so good I'm not into analyzing it to death:

Can't wait to see what happens next, and there's always a smile on my face when I finish the issue.

Good times. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DIMO View Post
    I would give it a B. But, first can't really rate it yet because the whole enchilada (story line) is not yet finished. And I gave it a B because this is the first time in a long time that I have been intrigue in a Spider-man comics again.
    Superior is Dan's masterpiece, when he is done with Spidey, we all gonna remember him for this. Without a doubt his name will be among the definitives.
    My only burning question now is, when is he going to do a crossover? what I mean is and as for me...
    The very best Spider-man artists managed to this and thus qualify to be in the upper echelon among the definitives.
    Example:
    J.m Dematteis and Mark Bagley they did Disordered mind ( Spider-man/ Batman crossover)
    Peter David and Rick leonardi they did Spider-man meets Spider-man 2099
    And Just recently Brian Bendis and Sarah Pichelli for Spider-Men

All them in the peak of their craft when they did this...

Now, all the stars have lined up already and Dan Slott is now in the position to do so.
    So I humbly ask again, When, Where, What and How?
    Dan's so ahead of the curve, he did that 20 years ago.

The Amazing Spider-Man vs. Powdered Toast Man!

At first I had to compare this to the Spider-Goblin arc in Amazing Spider-Girl. That arc only lasted a few issues, and I felt that's all it could. Nevertheless, I'm shocked how different Superior is in the fact that it's lasted so long, and remained actually interesting. While not every issue is fantastic, overall it's a very fun series that I look forward too each month.

Haven't read one single issue so i'm not going to vote of course.

I just keep an eye on the topics about it to see when Peter comes back, don't mind me, just passing, have fun folks.

Edit : hey, i can vote after all, one of the answers fits my situation. Nice, real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Unfortunately, I sometimes get the feeling that readers aren't getting the message from Superior Spider-Man that "This is why it's important that Peter Parker must be Spider-Man, because being a hero is not just about how well you are at fighting crime." Rather, I think the message some readers are getting is "Yeah, Peter Parker's heart may have been in the right place and he may have been a decent guy who occasionally made mistakes, he really did suck as a superhero. And even though Doc Ock is an arrogant, egotistical jerk Doc Ock, he really is a much better Spider-Man simply because he gets better results, isn't afraid to kick ass, and knows how to get his s*** together. You should be rooting for Doc Ock and be glad that Peter Parker is dead." It just seems to be lost on some people of just how much of a hypocrite Doc Ock really is because he refuses to show the same quality of mercy and opportunity for a second chance that Peter, in his final moments, was willing to give him.
    I think this is a good point. Why people missed it at first, in my opinion, is because it wasn't as clear at the start of the arc. Once Ock killed someone, it became transparent.

Superior also seems to be the point where Slott brings Peter back down. He brought him up in Big Time and made him a success. All that success is going to come crashing down at the end of this story.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    I think this is a good point. Why people missed it at first, in my opinion, is because it wasn't as clear at the start of the arc. Once Ock killed someone, it became transparent.

Superior also seems to be the point where Slott brings Peter back down. He brought him up in Big Time and made him a success. All that success is going to come crashing down at the end of this story.
    I don't think readers were actually thinking that Otto made a better Spider-Man. He's just entertaining, maybe moreso for some folks, hypocrisies and all. You can still root for terrible people. Just look at Seinfeld.

Well, I think it's a little more complicated. You can assume someone does a better job than someone else, but still understand that they're wrong how they go about it.
    Last edited by CyberHubbs; 05-28-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus