Default Vampire Hunter D vs Cars

The half-vampire vampire hunter D faces the leader of the ancient Pillar Men, Cars, from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. The fight takes place in an ancient stone ruin in the dead of night.

(Let's stick with anime movie D for now.)

Who wins?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

And here was me thinking it would be Pixar's Cars...
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    (Let's stick with anime movie D for now.)
    Good thing too. Novel D would have been a huge stomp.

What are Anime D's feats like? Is he a speedster, and does he do the anti-regen sword attacks thing? Because those two would screw over Cars pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    And here was me thinking it would be Pixar's Cars...
    Same here, except I was hoping it was. I hate those movies for some reason. I wanted to see them get utterly destroyed by D.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Good thing too. Novel D would have been a huge stomp.

What are Anime D's feats like? Is he a speedster, and does he do the anti-regen sword attacks thing? Because those two would screw over Cars pretty easily.
    I wouldn't say he's a speedster, he's just very agile and has crazy reflexes. Some of the enemies he fights probably has better speed feats. (Speaking of which, Cars has an insane bullet timing feat against Stroheim's machine gun, but weirdly doesn't seem to be faster than a high-end human otherwise.)

It's a bit tricky to tell if the sword negates regen or not - most things he cuts with it just dies. There was this Barberoi shapeshifter chick who survived getting her head cut off by him, but I'm not sure if that's regen or if she was just really hard to kill. On the other hand, he does seem capable of cutting just about any opponent he encounters, including spirits and ghosts, so it's probably fair to say it isn't a normal sword.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I wouldn't say he's a speedster, he's just very agile and has crazy reflexes. Some of the enemies he fights probably has better speed feats. (Speaking of which, Cars has an insane bullet timing feat against Stroheim's machine gun, but weirdly doesn't seem to be faster than a high-end human otherwise.)

It's a bit tricky to tell if the sword negates regen or not - most things he cuts with it just dies. There was this Barberoi shapeshifter chick who survived getting her head cut off by him, but I'm not sure if that's regen or if she was just really hard to kill. On the other hand, he does seem capable of cutting just about any opponent he encounters, including spirits and ghosts, so it's probably fair to say it isn't a normal sword.
    Well, I'm only vaguely familiar with Novel D, and completely unfamiliar with anime D, so I was trying to see if he had the same attributes that make novel D vs Cars a stomp for D.

Which machine gun feat are you referring to? It's been a while since I've read JJBA, so a chapter number or something would be helpful.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Well, I haven't watched the anime version of VHD, so I wouldn't know if the sword is magic in that one or not. But in the novel, it's all technique and his sword is mundane.

In the anime that I saw. A were wolf was hit by D's sword and he noted his healing factor was not working afterwards.

Edit: My fav way he kicked ass was dealing with these hydra sisters, they coiled him, D lets his vampire teeth out and tears them to pieces, by biting them.
    Last edited by Chou Blaster; 05-24-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    In the anime that I saw. A were wolf was hit by D's sword and he noted his healing factor was not working afterwards.
    Then Cars loses a very major advantage he might otherwise have had.

Well, I'm only vaguely familiar with Novel D, and completely unfamiliar with anime D, so I was trying to see if he had the same attributes that make novel D vs Cars a stomp for D.

Which machine gun feat are you referring to? It's been a while since I've read JJBA, so a chapter number or something would be helpful.
    Don't know about the manga, I've only seen the recent anime. Here is the part I was refering to. Pardon the Guile Theme, it's seriously the only online clip I could find that included the feat.

But again, Cars pretty much never does anything that impressive again. I almost want to call SMvsFL on it since makes no sense compared to all his other fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Well, I haven't watched the anime version of VHD, so I wouldn't know if the sword is magic in that one or not. But in the novel, it's all technique and his sword is mundane.
    Actually, that would explain a few things. He was tricked into stabbing himself in the first movie and healed up just fine, for example.

Then Cars loses a very major advantage he might otherwise have had.
    I dunno, Ripple techniques negate vampire healing as well, I think, but Pillar Men are still absurdly hard to kill. It probably just makes the fight more fair.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-24-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Don't know about the manga, I've only seen the recent anime. Here is the part I was refering to. Pardon the Guile Theme, it's seriously the only online clip I could find that included the feat.

But again, Cars pretty much never does anything that impressive again. I almost want to call SMvsFL on it since makes no sense compared to all his other fights.
    That is bonkers fast, though I'm really marveling at how fast that gun was firing the bullets in the first place.

Anyway, it's a good feat, but I can see the issue with it being SMvsFL.

I dunno, Ripple techniques negate vampire healing as well, I think, but Pillar Men are still absurdly hard to kill. It probably just makes the fight more fair.
    It does? It really has been very long since I read that stuff. Fair enough then.

Yeah, the Ripple is harnessing Sun Light as Chi. And a anti vampire art at that. Does whole lots of things. Bizarre Adventure for a damn good reason. (Seriously, I love that series, at times show how crafty/creative one can be.)