Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I've re-watched a couple of past superheroes shows in my youth and I can still enjoy them to this day. I can watch an episode of the 90s X-Men cartoon and still enjoy it and 90s Spider-Man to a lesser extent (crappy production values and censorship are really notable). I personally manage to still enjoy watching Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends for the cheesiness of it. Ultimate Spider-Man isn't funny, isn't fun and is down right stupid at times. If it was a Deadpool show instead of a Spider-Man one it'll probably be better.
    Yeah i could accept the sense of humor if it was Deadpool a lot better.

I don't understand the premise of the show is Coulson is working undercover in a high school secretly training shield for superheros in a high school building?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I've re-watched a couple of past superheroes shows in my youth and I can still enjoy them to this day. I can watch an episode of the 90s X-Men cartoon and still enjoy it and 90s Spider-Man to a lesser extent (crappy production values and censorship are really notable). I personally manage to still enjoy watching Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends for the cheesiness of it. Ultimate Spider-Man isn't funny, isn't fun and is down right stupid at times. If it was a Deadpool show instead of a Spider-Man one it'll probably be better.
    I can still watch the Spider-man show and it works well still but the X-men is kind of over the top for me now.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Marvel FINALLY got it right when they did Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. So, what do they do? Cancel it and replace it with an inferior version of the same show. I saw the two part premier last night, and I was not impressed. The idea of a recurring team of villains was played out back in the '80's; do we really need Red Skull and the Cabal bedeviling our heroes every flippin' week? No , we don't, especially if said cabal features the hella lame white haired version of Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMX9 View Post
    I think they will show up at some point. The show does need more women.
    This. Bring in Wasp, Tigra, Jocasta, Wanda...Black Widow was pretty unimpressive.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Marvel FINALLY got it right when they did Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. So, what do they do? Cancel it and replace it with an inferior version of the same show. I saw the two part premier last night, and I was not impressed. The idea of a recurring team of villains was played out back in the '80's; do we really need Red Skull and the Cabal bedeviling our heroes every flippin' week? No , we don't, especially if said cabal features the hella lame white haired version of Dracula.

This. Bring in Wasp, Tigra, Jocasta, Wanda...Black Widow was pretty unimpressive.
    They like to screw themselves over don't they? they did the same thing with Spectacular Spider-man cartoon.

It's gotta be a rights/money issue of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    Still disagree.

There's nothing bad about it.
    Just not what some people might want.
    I don't see how anyone can look at his new show and not see that it looks really ugly and has incredibly bad animation. Everything about it visually is bad, it's kind of shocking that his cheap looking cartoon is what Marvel is putting out there to represent their films.

Whenever I look at this cartoon I can't how but wonder how much they're saving on it.

Taker of Minds! Mentok The Mindtaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofspam View Post
    They like to screw themselves over don't they? they did the same thing with Spectacular Spider-man cartoon.

It's gotta be a rights/money issue of some kind.
    It's Loebs need to ruin good things is what is happening. Oh and Disney's extreme greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I don't see how anyone can look at his new show and not see that it looks really ugly and has incredibly bad animation. Everything about it visually is bad, it's kind of shocking that his cheap looking cartoon is what Marvel is putting out there to represent their films.

Whenever I look at this cartoon I can't how but wonder how much they're saving on it.
    Everyone has a different perspective and mindset. In in this case, a difference of opinion.
    S.O.S. - Save Our Seals!

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post

You seem to have an issue in that when someone has an opinion thats different than yours your only response is "I don't see how anyone likes this product".
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Mentok The Mindtaker View Post
    It's Loebs need to ruin good things is what is happening. Oh and Disney's extreme greed.
    Oh how original. Yeah you make those jokes then you turn around and watch their product.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post

Yeah just because she's a human character. I say keep all of them, just to give the finger to the Smurfette Principle. Agree with you on the others though
    Last edited by Legato; 05-27-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    I honestly don't see much of a difference from the two shows' tone and humor. Though most of Super Hero Squad's jokes were toilet humor and wacky slapstick, at least Ultimate Spider-Man did goes as far as it did, and at times took itself more seriously than SHS's darkest moments. To be honest, I think SHS was the one that was dumbed down the most. Ultimate Spider-Man doesn't seem more dumbed down from my perspective, when it's storylines go deeper and a lingering sense of threat that a majority of SHS's villains didn't have.

The cutaways and 4th wall humor didn't bother me that much, because I've seen far more stupid jokes in recent children shows (*cough*Shezow*cough*). I think it's cute to see what goes on in Spidey's mind and his relationship with the audience. Of course not a lot of people like the idea of focusing more on the comedic side of an iconic character that's been previously seen in a more serious setting. Some people either don't like change or they don't like the idea.

A few of the people at my high school have seen the show and enjoyed it. I introduced the show to my niece and she loved it. It's not as much as dumbing down to kids when it's moreso dumbing down to adults. I know you may not agree with me on this, but I think we give kids a little too much credit. They can handle more than adults can, and I feel that a lot of parents try to show their kids more serious shows that appeal more to teens and young adults because they feel that anything that doesn't try to take itself as seriously as those is trying to make their kids seem stupid. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but that doesn't mean the more mature shows are better. Like you said, a difference of opinion. I love shows like Young Justice, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Avengers: EMH, and Justice League, but I still favor those "simpler" cartoons that try to be more fun and light-hearted like Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Max Steel, Darkwing Duck, and Teen Titans Go!

I agree that there are far far worse children shows out there that don't put any effort into what they're trying to do. The thing is, you don't have to worry about what a kid thinks is good or bad unless you see it with your own eyes. Adults expect more out of cartoons than kids.
    My problem with the cutaway 4th wall stuff is that it happens in inappropriate times. Say when there is a genuine serious moment or a heartwarming moment they throw in a goofy 4th wall gag right in the middle of those moments mentioned. It's like watching a movie that involves a well written heartfelt scene then some comedy relief jumps in and says goofy crap in a way to make the audience laugh but in actuality it just annoys the audience because they were getting into said heartfelt scene. The 4th wall stuff wouldn't be too bad if they just timed it a little better. And maybe not do it too often.

Taker of Minds! Mentok The Mindtaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Oh how original. Yeah you make those jokes then you turn around and watch their product.
    I gave the show a shot because it was Marvel not Disney but its pretty evident Disney had their way with is so its less Marvel more Disney now. And I worked for Disney for 8 years so I can say whatever I want about that damn company which bought a company I happen to like which happens to be Marvel.

I find it funny your join date is the extract same month and year I hired into that company....
    And your name and avatar are from two of my favorite animes..

Didn't like the look, sound are feel of the first two episode. Really disappointing so far hope it some how improves.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    My problem with the cutaway 4th wall stuff is that it happens in inappropriate times. Say when there is a genuine serious moment or a heartwarming moment they throw in a goofy 4th wall gag right in the middle of those moments mentioned. It's like watching a movie that involves a well written heartfelt scene then some comedy relief jumps in and says goofy crap in a way to make the audience laugh but in actuality it just annoys the audience because they were getting into said heartfelt scene. The 4th wall stuff wouldn't be too bad if they just timed it a little better. And maybe not do it too often.

This would be awesome if it was done in a Deadpool cartoon. But it doesn't fit here.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Watched it and it was just kinda Meh. Not really horrible or anything but it does kind of pale when compared to EMH. I already miss Wasp, Hank Pym, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, and Vision. If they stick with just this lineup for the whole run the show is going to get very stale very fast.