Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: The Green Team: Teen Trillionaires, #1

"Green Team Teen Trillionaires" #1 by writers Art Baltazar & Franco and artist Ig Guara introduces the wealthy kids you'll love to hate.

Full review here.

BANNED

Oh CBR reviewers, never change.

... Wait, no. You actually need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

Yeah. At this point, I just don't even listen to CBR reviewers anymore. I just read what looks interesting to me. However, when it comes to reviews or recommendations, I mostly rely on Comic Vine and IGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah. At this point, I just don't even listen to CBR reviewers anymore. I just read what looks interesting to me. However, when it comes to reviews or recommendations, I mostly rely on Comic Vine and IGN.
    I don't rely on reviews at all myself. If a book sounds interesting to me then I give it a try and if I like it then I'll keep reading. If I'm not interested in the title from the get go or read it but find it uninteresting then all the glowing reviews in world won't change my opinion on it.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

...Why? Because the reviewer doesn't agree with your opinion on the book? God forbid in life people actually have differentiating opinions on things.
    Pull list: Batman, Saga, Thor, Fatale, The Wake, JL, AM, NW, WW, DD, JLA, DC, ST, ANXM, UXM, GA, GL, SU, BS, IH, RL, NA,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    ...Why? Because the reviewer doesn't agree with your opinion on the book? God forbid in life people actually have differentiating opinions on things.
    I'm not even talking about the score. Have you read the review? It's basically saying: "I can't connect to these kids because they're rich".

I'm sorry but that's BS. For that matter I could say "I can't connect to superheroes because I don't have superpowers", this just shows how biased the "critic" is.

That's a little harsh. As long as a reviewer provides reasons for their rating, whether you think it's flimsy or not, their review is valid, regardless of whether it aligns with popular sentiment. However, I do think CBR reviewers should add a short "Likes/Dislikes" or "My Pull List" section before each review so readers will see if they have similar tastes as the reviewer.

To be fair, that review of the first issue of The Movement was ridiculous since the reviewer flat out says they had no interest in the book before they even began reading. How can a reviewer be trusted if they're going into certain series with a negative attitude before they even actually start reading?

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    That's a little harsh. As long as a reviewer provides reasons for their rating, whether you think it's flimsy or not, their review is valid, regardless of whether it aligns with popular sentiment. However, I do think CBR reviewers should add a short "Likes/Dislikes" or "My Pull List" section before each review so readers will see if they have similar tastes as the reviewer.
    That is probably a good suggestion. I also think it would be cool if more than one person reviewed a book

When I am interested in a title, I google up reviews for it then read as many as there are (lots of issues don't get many, especially after the first one) so I can get a broad idea of what people think. Some sites have group reviews at times, some have two or more compare their thoughts. I think that gives it a broader look for the consumer.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Looks like DC's check got lost in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I don't rely on reviews at all myself. If a book sounds interesting to me then I give it a try and if I like it then I'll keep reading. If I'm not interested in the title from the get go or read it but find it uninteresting then all the glowing reviews in world won't change my opinion on it.
    Well, for me, I just use them as a way to make sure what I spend my money on will be worth it. However, for the most part, I just read what looks interesting and follow the same method you do.

I think the reviewer gave it 2 stars because they feel this title has more potential then what the writing
    seems to suggest in first issue.

More of seeing such a waste of potential and not wanting to encouraging the writer to continue on the path,
    set up in the open issue.

I found it boring as hell.

"Better than The Movement" is about all it's got going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Jesus Christ I HATE IGN's reviews. They're on the short side and not to mention incredibly biased toward Marvel. I do like Conic Vine a lot. Even though they seem really generous, I love how they have the good, the bad and the verdict. Plus they're up early.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm not even talking about the score. Have you read the review? It's basically saying: "I can't connect to these kids because they're rich".

I'm sorry but that's BS. For that matter I could say "I can't connect to superheroes because I don't have superpowers", this just shows how biased the "critic" is.
    I don't know man, I could relate to superpowers WAY more than wealth. Especially in this society.

Bench pressing the weight of the Earth? I can try and wrap my head around that awesomeness. Excessive wealth? Sadly a wet dream.

Still, your point is valid. The comic should be reviewed for what it is, not what it might have been.