Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,845

    Default REVIEW: The Green Team: Teen Trillionaires, #1

    "Green Team Teen Trillionaires" #1 by writers Art Baltazar & Franco and artist Ig Guara introduces the wealthy kids you'll love to hate.


    Full review here.

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    8,466

    Default

    Oh CBR reviewers, never change.

    ... Wait, no. You actually need to change.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh CBR reviewers, never change.

    ... Wait, no. You actually need to change.
    Yeah. At this point, I just don't even listen to CBR reviewers anymore. I just read what looks interesting to me. However, when it comes to reviews or recommendations, I mostly rely on Comic Vine and IGN.

  4. #4
    All Caste Warrior JasonTodd428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Acres of All
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah. At this point, I just don't even listen to CBR reviewers anymore. I just read what looks interesting to me. However, when it comes to reviews or recommendations, I mostly rely on Comic Vine and IGN.
    I don't rely on reviews at all myself. If a book sounds interesting to me then I give it a try and if I like it then I'll keep reading. If I'm not interested in the title from the get go or read it but find it uninteresting then all the glowing reviews in world won't change my opinion on it.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

  5. #5
    Junior Member Batknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh CBR reviewers, never change.

    ... Wait, no. You actually need to change.
    ...Why? Because the reviewer doesn't agree with your opinion on the book? God forbid in life people actually have differentiating opinions on things.
    Pull list: Batman, Saga, Thor, Fatale, The Wake, JL, AM, NW, WW, DD, JLA, DC, ST, ANXM, UXM, GA, GL, SU, BS, IH, RL, NA,

  6. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    8,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    ...Why? Because the reviewer doesn't agree with your opinion on the book? God forbid in life people actually have differentiating opinions on things.
    I'm not even talking about the score. Have you read the review? It's basically saying: "I can't connect to these kids because they're rich".

    I'm sorry but that's BS. For that matter I could say "I can't connect to superheroes because I don't have superpowers", this just shows how biased the "critic" is.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh CBR reviewers, never change.

    ... Wait, no. You actually need to change.
    That's a little harsh. As long as a reviewer provides reasons for their rating, whether you think it's flimsy or not, their review is valid, regardless of whether it aligns with popular sentiment. However, I do think CBR reviewers should add a short "Likes/Dislikes" or "My Pull List" section before each review so readers will see if they have similar tastes as the reviewer.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Doom85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    232

    Default

    To be fair, that review of the first issue of The Movement was ridiculous since the reviewer flat out says they had no interest in the book before they even began reading. How can a reviewer be trusted if they're going into certain series with a negative attitude before they even actually start reading?

  9. #9
    The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    That's a little harsh. As long as a reviewer provides reasons for their rating, whether you think it's flimsy or not, their review is valid, regardless of whether it aligns with popular sentiment. However, I do think CBR reviewers should add a short "Likes/Dislikes" or "My Pull List" section before each review so readers will see if they have similar tastes as the reviewer.
    That is probably a good suggestion. I also think it would be cool if more than one person reviewed a book

    When I am interested in a title, I google up reviews for it then read as many as there are (lots of issues don't get many, especially after the first one) so I can get a broad idea of what people think. Some sites have group reviews at times, some have two or more compare their thoughts. I think that gives it a broader look for the consumer.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

  10. #10

    Default

    Looks like DC's check got lost in the mail.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I don't rely on reviews at all myself. If a book sounds interesting to me then I give it a try and if I like it then I'll keep reading. If I'm not interested in the title from the get go or read it but find it uninteresting then all the glowing reviews in world won't change my opinion on it.
    Well, for me, I just use them as a way to make sure what I spend my money on will be worth it. However, for the most part, I just read what looks interesting and follow the same method you do.

  12. #12

    Default

    I think the reviewer gave it 2 stars because they feel this title has more potential then what the writing
    seems to suggest in first issue.

    More of seeing such a waste of potential and not wanting to encouraging the writer to continue on the path,
    set up in the open issue.

  13. #13
    Senior Member NinjaMic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    I found it boring as hell.

    "Better than The Movement" is about all it's got going for it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member RKitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah. At this point, I just don't even listen to CBR reviewers anymore. I just read what looks interesting to me. However, when it comes to reviews or recommendations, I mostly rely on Comic Vine and IGN.
    Jesus Christ I HATE IGN's reviews. They're on the short side and not to mention incredibly biased toward Marvel. I do like Conic Vine a lot. Even though they seem really generous, I love how they have the good, the bad and the verdict. Plus they're up early.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

  15. #15
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    I'm not even talking about the score. Have you read the review? It's basically saying: "I can't connect to these kids because they're rich".

    I'm sorry but that's BS. For that matter I could say "I can't connect to superheroes because I don't have superpowers", this just shows how biased the "critic" is.
    I don't know man, I could relate to superpowers WAY more than wealth. Especially in this society.

    Bench pressing the weight of the Earth? I can try and wrap my head around that awesomeness. Excessive wealth? Sadly a wet dream.

    Still, your point is valid. The comic should be reviewed for what it is, not what it might have been.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •