Thread: Phoenix Comicon

Default Phoenix Comicon

Mike will be attending The Phoenix Comicon this weekend.
    Stop by and say "Hi" !
    http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/

Bosch. Argon Bosch. THE REAL kirk's Avatar

Will do! I will be there on Friday and Sunday.

Release the Kraken.

Was great getting to see Mike and Christine at the show on Friday! I popped by after work, picked up a few HinH pages (one for me and another for a buddy), and even got the chance to speak briefly with Mike about the future direction of Hellboy in comics (of which I posted in the issue 5 thread). Mike has such a verdant and voluminous imagination. When it's been awhile since I've talked to him in person, I sometimes forget how fun it is to pick his brain and see how far in advance he has the book planned and all of the terrific ideas he seeks to invest in it going forward. Really good times at Phx Comic-Con!

The show itself was decent with lots to see and do. Gotta say some of the younger kids who come dressed in costume and literally run around screaming at each other in character kind of scare the hell out of me, but otherwise it was good times. I'm sure Saturday was much busier than Friday (when I went), but even still, Friday was pretty jammed.

A huge thanks to Mike for making the trek out to Phoenix again for our blossoming comicbook convention! I stopped by on Friday to pick up one of the b/w Hellboy prints and to say hi. On Sunday I attended Mike's panel and it was very interesting with Mike answering many questions that ranged across his career. I brought a friend and even though he isn't into comics he found the discussion very entertaining. Later I once again darkened Mike's table to share my positive impressions of the panel and a quick chat about old monster movies that scared the hell out of us as kids. Over the course of the two days I attended I noticed a fairly constant fan presence at Mike's table and I know the many, many people that attended the Con appreciated his appearance. He is welcome back any time!

Release the Kraken.

Are there any leftover prints to appear for sale on artofmikemignola.com?

Sorry, grog, I didn't know there was going to be any special print involved in Mike's Phoenix appearance otherwise I would have offered to snag a few for those wanting one. Hopefully there are some left but it looks like there were only a hundred made (according to the numbering on the print) so I would think those would have all been snapped up. I hope you are able to find one.

Release the Kraken.

Quote Originally Posted by THE REAL kirk View Post
    Sorry, grog, I didn't know there was going to be any special print involved in Mike's Phoenix appearance otherwise I would have offered to snag a few for those wanting one. Hopefully there are some left but it looks like there were only a hundred made (according to the numbering on the print) so I would think those would have all been snapped up. I hope you are able to find one.
    No worries, I got a message from CBM about them, and the color print (from Wild Hunt #4 IIRC) at least will be appearing on artofmikemignola.com. I will duke it out on eBay for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    No worries, I got a message from CBM about them, and the color print (from Wild Hunt #4 IIRC) at least will be appearing on artofmikemignola.com. I will duke it out on eBay for the others.
    Yeah super bummer about not getting one! I'll have to search ebay too. Glad at least the one will be on artofmignola.com

Speaking of ebay, that place is crazy. The skeleton head mini print is for sale on there (see), which is stupid because you can just buy it from the mignola's themselves.. I can understand someone putting it up there if it was no longer available anywhere, but when it is available from the source, well thats just crazy.
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

I'm glad you guys were able to have some success. Good luck on the other one. Again, sorry I wasn't more on the ball about this.

Release the Kraken.