Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    You can't defeat Superman by showing him a piece of paper that reads "Kryptonite". You have to have the REAL THING in there.
    If ever the REAL THING is the moon or a big high tech weapon using some kind of special energies then he'll need a bigger box.

What was the point of having a box for Batman if his goal was to never show those boxes to the others? I mean, if Batman crosses the line then who would know where to find his kryptonite to stop him?

Also, by now if Superman crosses the line then he could just go destroy those boxes or use them to stop the others. Well played, Batman. [sarcasm]

For a full proof system, I think Batman should've show those boxes to the others with a double of boxes located elsewhere that only Batman should know where and give boxes of his kryptonite to the others.
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 05-25-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Shazam can be a good rival, his powers come from magic. (?)
    Amanda Waller should have chosen him for her JLA to counter Wonder Woman rather than Katana. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Batman's not a bitch in this issue. In fact I think he comes across quite well here. Again to use the comparison because there is a comparison in theme, he's far less of a douche here than he was in Babel. He's just stating a concern and does it in quite a respectable and friendly manner as possible. He admits preparing for the worst is being the ultimate pessimist but that's just how he is. But in the end, aside from entrusting Superman with a means of stopping him, as he does not omit himself from his own contingency plans, he makes no demands of Superman.
    If Batman goes bad, he would know that Superman has the box with the contingency plan to stop him, so he can counter it. If its a gun, he will get better armor. If it is bank codes, he would have a plan if those codes were blocked. I'm really curious to know how Batman plans to stop himself if he knows that such a plan exists.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Shazam could NEVER defeat Wonder Woman. Diana carries his greatest weakness in her hands at all times... The Lasso of Truth.. All se needs to do is ask for is magic words and he is instantly defeated as he be compelled to say them an transform back into his human form...
    To ask that question, she would need to know that there is a magic word that he says. I would think that just like most people don't think Superman has a secret identity, most people would not think that Shazam is a little boy who says a magic word. The lasso might be able to get any answer, but Diana would need to know the right question. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Johns change things that just saying the word doesn't bring on the change? He can say Shazam without transforming if he does not want to transform....or am I thinking of the Freedy/Shazam story?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    Or the bullet casings. I dunno. Maybe a picture of Alfred giving him a disapproving look?
    I like this! It's a look that shocks even Superman. LOL

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    If Batman goes bad, he would know that Superman has the box with the contingency plan to stop him, so he can counter it. If its a gun, he will get better armor. If it is bank codes, he would have a plan if those codes were blocked. I'm really curious to know how Batman plans to stop himself if he knows that such a plan exists.
    "Hey, Bruce, remember that time your parents died?
    -.......MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAADDDDD!"
    Seems simple enough.
    Joking aside, it's probably some psychological stuff.
    I mean, the problem isn't about physically hurting him.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

No, I know, it's the bullet of the gun used to kill his parents he was playing with in Batman 10 or something.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    "Hey, Bruce, remember that time your parents died?
    -.......MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAADDDDD!"
    Seems simple enough.
    Joking aside, it's probably some psychological stuff.
    I mean, the problem isn't about physically hurting him.
    You are probably right, but I would bet it is a collection of his mother's pearls still coated in her blood. Morbid...

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    You are probably right, but I would bet it is a collection of his mother's pearls still coated in her blood. Morbid...
    Yeah, that's probably something like this. Some gruesome reminder of the death of his parents that should:
    a) make him realize he lost his way.
    b) destabilize him long enough for anyone to take him down before he can use his anti heroes weapons.

Maybe Bruce had some sort of device implanted in his body, near his heart or his brain or something, that when activated kills him instantly, and he gives Superman the trigger.

Just a thought. Personally I think its too dark, more befitting the pre-Flashpoint Batman, but its one of the few ideas I can think of that makes sense of Batman giving Superman a tangible object to stop him as opposed to something metaphorical. Superman obviously would need nothing special to end the guy if it really came to that, so maybe its a means of stopping him immediately, even from a distance.

But, maybe in the end it is just a metaphorical object, less important than just the idea that Batman would want his friend before anyone else to take him out if necessary.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2013 at 01:20 PM.

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Geoff Johns is Wonder Woman's kryptonite. Only he could take a great character and turn her into idiotic, shallow fan fiction cast off. I like a lot of his work but his JL, and more particularly Wonder Woman, is about as far from what I like as possible. Which is odd since I love the character in the title book. Yeah, I know all the issues people have with it and share some, but if I wanted the JL Diane, I would watch a bad Lifetime movie.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I wouldn't rightly say she doesn't have any "weaknesses". How about her bones and just about any other part of her body?

and speaking of that scene in JL20.. why would Superman need to use anything in any box to stop Batman? He can flatten him with an eyelash.

Don't forget that she was holding back and not really trying to hurt him. Ands also don't forget that she could have killed him if needed to. Her weapons can slice his throat
    I am most definitely a WONDER WOMAN FAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightforce View Post
    Don't forget that she was holding back and not really trying to hurt him. Ands also don't forget that she could have killed him if needed to. Her weapons can slice his throat
    You misunderstand: he grabbed her wrist and crushed it with his bare hand. In terms of durability, she isn't remotely in his class.

Regarding Superman bench pressing the weight of the Earth, he didn't do it once.

He did it for FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT, with zero access to sunlight, before drawing his first bead of sweat.

In the fight between Superman and Orion, Superman wasn't trying to kill Orion, and used a fraction of his strength to hit him, yet Orion said that was the strongest punch he'd ever taken. Orion WAS trying to kill him.

Diana is a very formidable fighter. She might be the best pure fighter in the DCU not named Karate Kid. She's not on Superman's level physically, though, with or without those bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    You misunderstand: he grabbed her wrist and crushed it with his bare hand. In terms of durability, she isn't remotely in his class.

Regarding Superman bench pressing the weight of the Earth, he didn't do it once.

He did it for FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT, with zero access to sunlight, before drawing his first bead of sweat.

In the fight between Superman and Orion, Superman wasn't trying to kill Orion, and used a fraction of his strength to hit him, yet Orion said that was the strongest punch he'd ever taken. Orion WAS trying to kill him.

Diana is a very formidable fighter. She might be the best pure fighter in the DCU not named Karate Kid. She's not on Superman's level physically, though, with or without those bracelets.
    Unfortunately I'd have to agree.

As for Nightforce's response: No one (at least not I) is talking about whether she can kill him with props or not. I'm talking that she couldn't beat him power-wise. Again, not talking about who is a better fighter. Wonder Woman's vulnerability will always be a great contradiction the stronger they make her.

nu52 would be the crap out of Superman