Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Submit Your Questions for Geoff Johns' "Green Lantern" Retrospective

In anticipation of DC, CBR and the CBLDF's Greenest Night event celebrating writer Geoff Johns' 9-year run on "Green Lantern," CBR wants to read your questions and favorite moments from Johns' tenure with the ring-slinger.

Full article here.

Is there anything that you wanted to do but couldn't? Why not?

Who was your favorite Green Lantern villain that you love developing the most and which GL villain you wish you spent more time working with?
    A Comic book fan till I die.

since it seemed that The New 52 impacted the Green Lantern title very little and virtually everything in your run still transpired how are we meant to think on characters/relationships that were influential to stories like Blackest Night or Brightest Day no longer existing now? are fandom meant to 'phantom edit' your GL run? or would you recommend just taking your GL run on its own merits and not make too strenuous an attempt to harmonize it with the reboot?

Fraggin' Bastich

Lobo was AMAZING when you wrote him into a couple of issues of GL:Brightest Day, and that led to him showing up in R.E.B.E.L.S.? Did you have fun with the character? Would you like to write him again?

Years ago the Guardians rewrote the Book of Oa to contain ten new laws. We learned six of them but the last four are unrevealed. What are they?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Years ago the Guardians rewrote the Book of Oa to contain ten new laws. We learned six of them but the last four are unrevealed. What are they?
    I second the above.

Whatever happened to Cowgirl? She just sort of disappeared way before the New 52. I know Hal was busy going from one event to another, but it seemed like Hal just dumped her, avoided calls, etc. Yes, we know he's crazy about Carol, but the way Cowgirl was dropped always bugged me.

When can we expect to get a COMPLETE Absolute Sinestro Corps War that contains all of the story with the Tales of... stories?

- Did you experience any resistance internally at DC to the idea of introducing the spectrum of rings?

- Do you feel that the additional colors, ring bearers, etc. makes Hal & the GL's overall less unique?

- What are your thoughts on the often suggested fan wish of introducing a Teen Lantern?

- Was it more fun or stress coming up with the various new oaths?

A guy who loves comics Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

During the earlier portion of your run (up until Sinestro Corps), it seemed like you were rebuilding Hal's personal life as well as his super heroic one: Hal's influence on revitalizing Coast City, Hal's relationship with his brother and family and his interactions with his Air Force compatriots, including a potential romance with Cowgirl, serving as examples of that.

However, after "The Sinestro Corps War," those relationships and characters became less and less prominent, disappearing entirely around the time of "Rage of the Red Lanterns." Was this an intentional decision, or were there plans for these characters that simply didn't pan out or fit in with the grandiose, cosmic nature of the stories that grew out of "Sinestro Corps's" aftermath?

Your thoughts about the Green Lantern movie.
    What went wrong with this film?

Quote Originally Posted by wildstorm3 View Post
    When can we expect to get a COMPLETE Absolute Sinestro Corps War that contains all of the story with the Tales of... stories?
    Are you really that bothered about a bunch of really average stories, especially as they are largely irrelevant to the main story? i know I'm not.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

In Brightest Day, what were your original plans for Deadman? White Lanterns? Swampthing? Felt like there was a shift in the story. Can you get us a DC Collectibles White Lantern Deadman action figure?

Quote Originally Posted by PlumeNoir View Post
    Whatever happened to Cowgirl? She just sort of disappeared way before the New 52. I know Hal was busy going from one event to another, but it seemed like Hal just dumped her, avoided calls, etc. Yes, we know he's crazy about Carol, but the way Cowgirl was dropped always bugged me.
    This is probably a question for Pete Tomasi but whatever happened to Sodam Yat?
    i love the dc new 52.

The D stands for Dennis D. Perez's Avatar

First I want to thank you for an great run. Your last issue was epic and full of emotion.

Question: With of you stories in Green Lantern are you most proud of? And is there a story that, in you opinion, didn't turned out as good as you originally thought it would?
    In the middle of the night...