Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Duggan Retro-Fits "Deadpool"

"Deadpool" co-writer Gerry Duggan joins X-POSITION to discuss the series' fake inventory issues, his team-up with Captain America and Wolverine and the book's unconventional co-stars. Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

Remender next week. Is this his first since the Uncanny #5 controversy/scandal?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

OMG. That cover. Kicking a cheerleader in the face, so awesome.
    Marvel: Avengers, NA, DP, F4, FF, Hunger, Infinity, IM, Mighty A, UX-F, Venom
    Valiant: A&A, B+HC, Eternal, Harbinger, SM, X-O, Q+W
    DC: JL, JLD, JLA, Bw
    Image: Bedlam, Spawn
    Vertigo: Fables HC

If there's anything teen movies have taught me, it's that 90% of all cheerleaders are evil.

Judging by the look on Black Widow, Luke Cage and Daredevil's faces, they might not know this.

Anyway, fantastic interview. It gives me a lot of hope for the future of this book that it's writers understand that Deadpool isn't so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    It gives me a lot of hope for the future of this book that it's writers understand that Deadpool isn't so simple.
    Wasn't that great to read?! Duggan acknowledging what most of us fans already knew (he's more complex than people realize)made me very happy! Now that I think of it, Deadpool's knowledge of art shouldn't be all that surprising. Kelly's Deadpool constantly made quips that referenced art, literature, theatre, opera, and the like in addition to pop culture references. I'm also guessing that Duggan saw your theory about American Gothic. Maybe your observations aren't that far off the mark. I wonder what other theories about the paintings are floating around?

Loving the series. Marvel did a great job in letting DugPos take the reins on the book.

It's probably nothing... or a joke at most.. but every once in a while Gerry or Brian say something about "the end of our run." And every time I see that I get a little nervous. But again.. it's probably just a figure of speech.

All good things come to an end and in my experience it's better to have an exit strategy. Makes things less sloppy.

I must say, the concepts that Duggan & Posehn have been bringing to Deadpool have kept me consistently interested in the NOW! relaunch of the book. In the past I felt like the book could be kooky just for the sake of being kooky, and I would only wade in for an occasional X-Men connection.

Now it has very little to do with X-Men, but the stories have been so terrifically high concept (dead presidents, inventory issues) that they're intriguing all on their own - compared to "in space," "as a pirate," "fighting his evil version," et cetera.

I think the main difference is everything feels like it matters. The Dead Presidents arc is still being felt long after it's over with.

I'm actually one of the guys who defends Daniel Way, but if he had written this it would feel like monster-of-the-week episode on the supernatural procedural of your choice.

Great article! Deadpool is one of those books that is just pure entertainment. You rarely see the kind of controversy you see in other X-men or Avengers books. It's just pure unadulterated fun. And with Deadpool's game coming out in a month, it's a great time to be a Deadpool fan.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Why is Deadpool still considered an X-book? He's no longer part of any X-team, he's part of the Tunderbolts....
    We have a new King...!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why is Deadpool still considered an X-book? He's no longer part of any X-team, he's part of the Tunderbolts....
    I keep wondering this myself. It's not even like he's a mutant.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Great article! Deadpool is one of those books that is just pure entertainment. You rarely see the kind of controversy you see in other X-men or Avengers books. It's just pure unadulterated fun. And with Deadpool's game coming out in a month, it's a great time to be a Deadpool fan.
    Are we reading the same book? Because last issue parody Aquaman got fed to some sharks.

As for Deadpool being an X-Character, his origins ensure that's what he always will be. Unfortunately, that means FOX holds the rights to a Deadpool movie.