Default Questions about Green Latern

1.)I just started reading Green Latern and started with Rebirth,and in the comic Guy Gardner talks about when Hal was Parallax or something along thoose lines.Also John,Hal and Guy Gardner went to a baseball game but everyone started confessing their sins to Hal.Im so confused???Does this comic address this?or Should I start off somewhere else

2.)In The Justice League i've noticed their have been several Green Latern members who have been apart of JL.My question is,is it random that a random GL Corp member joins the JL?In Justice League of America Grant morrison's run Kyle is in it,However in the cartoon its John Stewart.In The new 52 its Hal.So is a certain GL always stationed at JL?or does one randomly get implemented in?

It's been awhile since I read Rebirth, it may have something to do with Hal being the Spectre. After his death, the Spectre chose Hal as his host. Keep reading, it's touched upon.

No, there's not always a GL on the Justice League. There usually is, but it's not a requirement. Hal left the Justice League around 12 to save face with the public, and there hasn't been a GL on the team since.

Yeah I was wondering how Hal became one,because he turned Black Hand's arm to coal well actually his hand..

Hal became the Spectre after he died in the Final Night crossover. He sacrificed his life to reignite the sun to try and make up for the villain he'd become as Parallax. Shortly thereafter he was chosen as the Spectre's new host.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hal became the Spectre after he died in the Final Night crossover. He sacrificed his life to reignite the sun to try and make up for the villain he'd become as Parallax. Shortly thereafter he was chosen as the Spectre's new host.
    Thanks that helped.I was going to go back and read that,but looks like I dont now..Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman2 View Post
    1.)I just started reading Green Latern and started with Rebirth,and in the comic Guy Gardner talks about when Hal was Parallax or something along thoose lines.Also John,Hal and Guy Gardner went to a baseball game but everyone started confessing their sins to Hal.Im so confused???Does this comic address this?or Should I start off somewhere else

2.)In The Justice League i've noticed their have been several Green Latern members who have been apart of JL.My question is,is it random that a random GL Corp member joins the JL?In Justice League of America Grant morrison's run Kyle is in it,However in the cartoon its John Stewart.In The new 52 its Hal.So is a certain GL always stationed at JL?or does one randomly get implemented in?
    I had the same questions as well when I first started reading comics about 3 years ago...I'll answer the questions as best as I can, although I would certainly recommend reading Hal Jordan's Wikipedia entry ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Jordan ) as it will answer some of your questions (read the history up until Green Lantern Rebirth).

1) Mongul destroyed Coast City during the Superman event "Reign of the Supermen" in the early 1990s, which caused Hal Jordan to go crazy and attempt to recreate Coast City. The Guardians wouldn't let him (as he can't use the ring for selfish reasons) and he broke open the Green Lantern Central Battery in an attempt to get more power, which unleashed Parallax (unbeknownst to the Green Lantern, Parallax was trapped in the Battery) and it corrupted Hal. He was a villain for parts of the 1990s. However, Hal eventually redeemed himself by reigniting the sun which killed him, but The Spectre (an agent of God) used Hal as his new host (up to Green Lantern: Rebirth, that's who Hal was, which explains why people were confessing their sins to Hal).

2) Due to story/editorial reasons different GLs have been a part of the Justice League. In GM's Justice League run, Hal was Parallax/The Spectre and Kyle Rayner was the only GL, which is why he was used. In the cartoon John Stewart, another Earth JL was chosen as a way to provide diversity. For the new 52, they went back to Hal, one of the original founding members.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessman2 View Post
    The series does address most of this. But if you still need help, you should look for "Emerald Twilight"/"A New Dawn", "Zero Hour: Crisis In Time", "The Final Night" and "Day Of Judgment".

Hal was the GL when the team first formed as told in the Brave & The Bold #28 and "JLA: Year One". A few years after he started at GL, he was told by the Guardians that he needed a back-up in case something happened to him, something which his predecessor Abin Sur did not have, when he died. So Hal is told about Guy Gardner and approached him about becoming his back-up, which he did. Guy was later injured while trying to save some children and was in a coma for a while, thus necessitating finding a replacement for him. And that was John Stewart. John was activated when Hal had quit being GL for a time and he took over. Then came the first Crisis and Guy was brought out of his coma by the Guardians since Hal was still inactive. After the Crisis ended, Hal returned to the Corps and there were three active GL's. During this time period, there was no GL in the League that had formed after Aquaman had disbanded the original team and put together a new team with the Martian Manhunter.

This team was disbanded during the events of "Legends" and "The Last Days Of The Justice League Of America", story arcs. When a new team was forged at the end of "Legends", Guy was given a spot on the team with Hal helping on occasion. Mostly he and John were in outer space working with other members of the Corps. Following the events of "Breakdowns" and the Superman storyline, "Panic In The Sky", Hal took part in reforming the JLA and JLE. Guy was given the spot on the American team, while Hal worked out some issues that he had. Once that was done, he came back to Earth and he had a fight with Guy which ended with Guy quitting the Corps. But after finding and using Sinestro's yellow ring, Guy returned to the JLA was active through "Emerald Twilight" and "Emerald Fallout". By this point, the GL Corps was now done due to actions caused by Hal as Parallax. This lead to Kyle Rayner being the last GL, but he didn't join the JLA until after "A Midsummer's Nightmare" and that's when he was part of the Morrison run. John became GL again not long after "Emerald Knights" and would take over the JLA spot, while Kyle was dealing with more personal issues.