Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, #1

Years ago, the Killjoys fought against the tyrannical megacorporation Better Living Industries, costing them their lives, save for one-the mysterious Girl. Today, the followers of the original Killjoys languish in the Desert while BLI systematically strips citizens of their individuality. As the fight for freedom fades, it's left to the Girl to take up the mantle and bring down the fearsome BLI or else join the mindless ranks of Bat City!

The follow-up to the album Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys! FROM THE CREATOR OF THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY!

Full article here.

I loved the Umbrella Academy books, but the 3.99 price is a turn off, and the FCBD story bored me, so I'm leaning towards passing on this. Bummer.

Looks incredible. Love Becky Cloonan.

Yeah, sorry, $3.99? I think I'll pick up the trade for about $12 around Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by skeetsHD View Post
    Yeah, sorry, $3.99? I think I'll pick up the trade for about $12 around Christmas.
    How is 3.99 a turn off?
    Last edited by Blastermaster; 05-19-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Even if this series is a mind-blowing, genre-redefining masterpiece, I refuse to read it until The Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion has a release date

Mangaka

Cool

hey check out this Jamaican Comic http://www.d-jamacomics.com/#!darkri...enisis-ch/ccs9
    Quote Originally Posted by BCYa View Post
    I loved the Umbrella Academy books, but the 3.99 price is a turn off, and the FCBD story bored me, so I'm leaning towards passing on this. Bummer.

Mangaka

why is a release date so important? just curious
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
    Even if this series is a mind-blowing, genre-redefining masterpiece, I refuse to read it until The Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion has a release date

Quote Originally Posted by D-jamA Comics View Post
    why is a release date so important? just curious
    Because the next installment of The Umbrella Academy has been promised for over three years now, with no visible progress other than the title and one image. Gerard Way has said he'd wait any length of time for Gabriel Bá to be available to draw it, and I agree Bá's art is a huge part of the series' appeal, but I need to hear something concrete about it before I let myself get excited about another project from Way. The first volume of The Umbrella Academy is responsible for getting me back into comics, and its been roughing waiting for the next part of something I enjoy so much.

I'm excited. I love the Umbrella Academy and can't wait for more, if Bá is every available again. Preview whet my appetite, I enjoyed the MCR album and the video's have set the stage for what will hopefully be a great book.

What is Ba working on right now? The next installment of Casanova?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    What is Ba working on right now? The next installment of Casanova?
    Unless he and Fabio Moon have finished it already, B.P.R.D.: Vampire.

Look Alive, Sunshine.
    The future is bulletproof!
    The aftermath is secondary!
    It's time to do it now and do it loud!
    Kiljoys, make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Unless he and Fabio Moon have finished it already, B.P.R.D.: Vampire.
    Gerard needs to open up his pocket book. Ba shouldn't be working on that nonsense.

Considering Ba and Moon are both getting writer credits with Mignola and sole artist credits on BPRD: Vampire I wouldn't see them passing on that "nonsense" as you call it even to work with Way on the next installment of Umbrella Academy. Patience is a virtue, be happy we're getting a new comic from Way and can read Way and Bá each month even if it is in separate comics.