Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spidey Solicitations August 2013

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #26
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A/C)
    “SPIDER-MAN NO MORE” CONTINUES
    • SPIDER-MAN is back!!
    • Will CLOAK, DAGGER, BOMBSHELL, SPIDER-WOMAN and SPIDEY be enough to take down the evil ROXXON CORPORATION?
    • And what is Miles’ new girlfriend’s secret?

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM UP #2
    CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • MARCO CHECCETTO (A)
    Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    SIBLING RIVALRY BEGINS HERE!
    • Because you demanded it! Parker versus Parker! The Superior Spider-Man Versus Scarlet Spider!
    • Kaine has come to New York to check on Peter’s ‘superior’ behavior, not realizing Doc Ock has taken over Peter’s life. But Ock sure knows who Kaine is...Kaine, the man who once KILLED Doctor Octopus. And now it’s payback time.

CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • CARLO BARBERI (A)
    CoverS by RYAN STEGMAN
    Issue #20 – SIBLING RIVALRY -- PART TWO!
    • Scarlet Spider has come to New York City to check on his ‘brother’ Spider-Man! But their reunion has been interrupted by an army of mutant spider-clones!
    • Can Spider-Man and Kaine put aside their differences to deal with the Jackal?

Issue #21 – INTO THE GRAVE PART 1 (of 3)
    • After last issue’s shocking ending, everything has changed for Kaine. His second chance at life is over.
    At his lowest point, he comes face to face with the one man that’s fueled his obsession, hate and guilt his entire life... BEN REILLY.

SUPERIOR CARNAGE #2 (of 5)
    KEVIN SHINICK (W) • STEPHEN SEGOVIA (A)
    Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    VARIANT Cover by RAFA GARRES
    • CARNAGE IS CAPTURED! But can the Wizard and Klaw subdue him long enough to create their SUPERIOR CARNAGE?
    • KEVIN SHINICK (Avenging Spider-Man) and STEPHEN SEGOVIA (X-Treme X-Men) perform unspeakable acts to create their own monster issue!

THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #2
    NICK SPENCER (W) • STEVE LIEBER (A)
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Variant Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    • With superior villains come superior problems as the year’s sleeper hit continues!
    • Out of bail and aiming to stay out of jail, Boomerang must get his cronies on target – but does the PUNISHER have them targeted already?
    • Nick Spencer (AVENGERS) and Steve Lieber (HAWKEYE) continue this most evil exploration into the Marvel U!

VENOM #39
    CULLEN BUNN (W)
    THONY SILAS (A)
    Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    • Venom’s secret identity is discovered! And not by whom you’d expect!
    • A hit has been taken out on Venom’s life--and cold-blooded killers are crawling out of the woodwork to collect!
    • Even in tough times, every super hero needs a sidekick, right?

I think it's safe to say that August will be a completely epic month for the Spidey line.

Scarlet Spider twice a month is definitely something I could see myself being happily accustomed to.

God I hate when Marvel acts like a book is critically acclaimed when it hasn't even launched yet. I'm all for Superior Foes, but that's too much.

You forgot to include Morbius, but that book is ending in September, so it's not like it matters.

I wish Clayton Crain could get back to doing the interiors for these Carnage minis, because that Superior Carnage cover is AWESOME.

Oh look, another Spidey book that WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING!!
    Favorite Titles: Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor:God of Thunder, Batman, Superman Unchained, Green Lantern

I am usually a big fan of Paolo Rivera's work but that Superior Teamup #2 cover is not doing it for me; both SpOck and Kaine look completely static, not like they are in motion at all and the coloring is way too bright for that scene as welll. However, Stegman's cover for SS #20 is off the hook great!!
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    God I hate when Marvel acts like a book is critically acclaimed when it hasn't even launched yet. I'm all for Superior Foes, but that's too much.

You forgot to include Morbius, but that book is ending in September, so it's not like it matters.

I wish Clayton Crain could get back to doing the interiors for these Carnage minis, because that Superior Carnage cover is AWESOME.
    has morbius been confirmed to be cancelled? i would hope not!
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Scarlet Spider #21. Why? Three words: Ben Freaking Reilly! Sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a confrontation between the once and future Scarlet Spider and his nemesis, the new Scarlet Spider, especially with whatever horrific twist happens in #20. Three months is a long time to wait, it feels like, but I'll try my best to manage.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.

am i the only one that thinks the cover to Superior foes of spider-man looks pretty cool? i know it's pretty basic(the villains seen through the cross hairs of the punisher's sniper rifle)but something about that cover makes me say "Well Done!"
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

I really wish I could subscribe to Scarlet Spider! Come on, Marvel. Let me have it. Its the only book I have to go to the shop for and I always get the last one. For whatever reason the owner does not order many. I always buy the last one and I get there at like 1pm on Wednesday. Come on, shop! Come on, Marvel. Let me subscribe. I beg you.

Everyone email marvelsubs@midtowncomics.com and tell them to make scarlet spider a subscription title. DO IT NOW :)

I think Superior Foes can be really good since it focuses on the background lives of these villains, I hope it means it will be in a contained scope and personal.

For some reason I just can't deal with clones anymore. I LOVE Kaine and think Scarlet Spider is the best spidey book out, but man do I not care anymore about the Jackal or any future clones. Kill that guy

Quote Originally Posted by sirchrisdaniels View Post
    I think Superior Foes can be really good since it focuses on the background lives of these villains, I hope it means it will be in a contained scope and personal.

For some reason I just can't deal with clones anymore. I LOVE Kaine and think Scarlet Spider is the best spidey book out, but man do I not care anymore about the Jackal or any future clones. Kill that guy
    Perhaps we can ask that marvel midtown lets us to subscribe to that too. AS FOR THE UNIVERSE AND YOU MIGHT JUST GET SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post

THIS! That man was born to draw symbiotes!
    I really wish him and Wells would give us a Carnage mini each year; they're a great team!
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.