Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Probably not, I don't think those kinds of shows are big on changing thing around.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I do wonder how the young fans would have received a SUPER FRIENDS version of Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Jason Todd/Robin. For certain, the show would have needed to make Jason more like the Pre-COIE clone of Dick than the Post-COIE sociopath.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Honestly, I doubt they would have covered it at all. I can't remember Superfriends referring to Robin as Dick Grayson one time, although I could be forgetting something. Maybe in the episode when Luthor's dream machine was making the Superfriends steal stuff. But basically, Robin was Robin. So I really doubt they would have introduced a second Robin. I mean, move Casey Kasem over to a new Nightwing character and have someone else voice a new Robin? Never would have happened.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Let's move this discussion beyond whether or not Hanna Barbera would have made this move (most appear to believe that they would not) to how the public might have received it if it had been done.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    faze (v.): to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; to stun

phase (n.):
    a stage in a process of change or development

Get it right, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Let's move this discussion beyond whether or not Hanna Barbera would have made this move (most appear to believe that they would not) to how the public might have received it if it had been done.
    I don't know if many of them would have cared or understood why they did it.

Does anyone have a good idea as to how many people who watched the cartoon were serious comic book readers as well?

(NOTE: I followed the comic books, but didn't really follow the cartoons . . . I was a bit older then, and those cartoons could be a tad . . . childish.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.